Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Project Darkness - Page 2

Thread: Project Darkness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: Project Darkness 
    Quote Originally Posted by paulkeith View Post
    post up a picture of your beam pattern on a garage door or something similar
    this pic is from when i first put them in. incase you missed me saying it, when i first put them in, i had my housings aimed way up to compensate for the silver star suck. i have since aimed the housings down. no projector cut off beam but hell its a lot better than stock actually (i have the ebay clear housings)

and here is a shot of how it lights up the night

Quote Originally Posted by 1fox2go View Post
    Building the 8.8 may be more expensive but it would handle the 35s should you decide to go there. So lets say you build the 44a and then want 35s. Now you would need to look into more upgrades for the 44a or swap an 8.8 in so in the long run the 8.8 would cost the same or less. Stock shafts on the 8.8 can handle 36s with Berk behind the wheel

Just saying
    right i get that. but chances are ill be on 33s for a good while, before i bump to 35s
    also i was going to invest in some alloy/chromo shafts this summer for the 44a which i know will handle 35s. didnt agitatedpancake handle 35s with the stock shafts and mess them up a little? im pretty sure his were stock.

so in summary my plans are to build a pretty dam strong 44a. hell if a super35 can handle 35s with a detroit (hunter) then a built 44a should be able to as well

thanks for the heads up tho

2. #27 Re: Project Darkness 
    Quote Originally Posted by blackzj52 View Post
    this pic is from when i first put them in. incase you missed me saying it, when i first put them in, i had my housings aimed way up to compensate for the silver star suck. i have since aimed the housings down. no projector cut off beam but hell its a lot better than stock actually (i have the ebay clear housings)

and here is a shot of how it lights up the night
    Are you vying for most ironic build title?

3. #28 Re: Project Darkness 
    There's a reason HID bulbs come in projector housings...like you mentioned, they come with cutoffs that limit light above a horizontal plane through the bulb, with upticks to the right to illuminate further down YOUR side of the road, while protecting the eyes of oncoming drivers.

HID beam patterns should look like this:

Even if nobody is honking at you, I can guarantee you're pissing drivers off with those headlights. There is no limitation of the light above horizontal, and aiming down is only a bandaid. I'm not trying to be 'safety sam' here, but you should do it correctly or not at all. Its just as much your safety as anyone else's on the road.

4. #29 Re: Project Darkness 
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ View Post
    Are you vying for most ironic build title?

its dark but really bright at the same time if that makes sense. hell even the interior leds are bright

(always been a fan of bright, vivid lights - i find vegas, miami, and some places in southern spain or greece where the water is deep blue very appealing simply for that aspect. im not just some dumb ricer )

Quote Originally Posted by paulkeith View Post
    There's a reason HID bulbs come in projector housings...like you mentioned, they come with cutoffs that limit light above a horizontal plane through the bulb, with upticks to the right to illuminate further down YOUR side of the road, while protecting the eyes of oncoming drivers.

HID beam patterns should look like this:

Even if nobody is honking at you, I can guarantee you're pissing drivers off with those headlights. There is no limitation of the light above horizontal, and aiming down is only a bandaid. I'm not trying to be 'safety sam' here, but you should do it correctly or not at all. Its just as much your safety as anyone else's on the road.
    i understand. iv gotten involved and that great debate several times. but wtf is up with that beam pattern. looks nice and flat and then i see 2 random right triangles on top of the flat line. somethins up with that

this is more like it

^really like that color btw

sometime whenever i come across some projectors for teh cheap, i will make my own projector housings

i dont want to give you the impression that its mountainous where i live cuz it sure as hell isnt. but right through the center of my hometown is one of the main rivers that dumps into the ohio river so its kind of a valley so to speak. so there are lots of dinky hills everywhere. my point is even stock bmw headlights will blind you. and believe me, the suburb i live in is full of bmws, and tons of other cars that come factory with HIDs. you almost see more cars with hids than cars without them. so if anything, people are used to it. hell iv been blinded myself by cars with stock halogens because of the terrain.

and i have followed numerous police officers, and driven in the opposite lane of numerous cops and never had any troubles. iv had them since summer of 08 too. and like iv said i have aimed them down since that pic was taken.

5. #30 Re: Project Darkness 
    in my post i described the "triangles." they're called "upticks" in the beam pattern and it allows the headlights to illuminate further down your side of the road.

6. #31 Re: Project Darkness 
    oh i didnt see that part. that makes sense

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information