Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Project Hookup - Now with Solar - Page 14

Thread: Project Hookup - Now with Solar

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. #326 Re: Project Hookup BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WJJEEPIN View Post
    Why are there two holes right next to each other on the axle side of the arm?
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

2. #327 Re: Project Hookup BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE 
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    Why are there two holes right next to each other on the axle side of the arm?
    No clue. That is how it came. Checked out their website and that is how it looks there too.
    Will

99 4.0 DubJ 35"MTRs/ Custom IRO LA's/ Currie 9" housing/ Yukon 4.88 Gears 35 spline Grizzly Rear Lockers and ARB Front.

The Hookup Build http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12701

3. #328 Re: Project Hookup BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE 
    This is what they have written for fixed front UCA's:
    The front arms feature 2 length setting options built in for minor caster adjustment even in a fixed length arm.
    My guess is that it's the same thing for the adjustables, but why would they put holes on them? Isn't that the point of adjustables (to be able to correct caster)? I dunno why they'd put the holes that close to one another though, doesn't look too smart on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek33
    Its a jeep, it doesn't have to make sense.

4. #329 Re: Project Hookup BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE 
    Quote Originally Posted by dp96zj View Post
    This is what they have written for fixed front UCA's:
    My guess is that it's the same thing for the adjustables, but why would they put holes on them? Isn't that the point of adjustables (to be able to correct caster)? I dunno why they'd put the holes that close to one another though, doesn't look too smart on their part.
    I thought that too. But its pretty thick metal and they have been selling them for a few years now. If it was a design flaw I would imagine there would have been a change in production.

They have yet to sell me a bunk product in over 3 years (checking old emails and I bought my first part from them in the beginning of 07) so I completely trust them.
    Will

99 4.0 DubJ 35"MTRs/ Custom IRO LA's/ Currie 9" housing/ Yukon 4.88 Gears 35 spline Grizzly Rear Lockers and ARB Front.

5. #330 Re: Project Hookup REBIRTH 
    Merry Xmas and happy holidays to all. Just got the jeep back today and it rides a ton better. Check it out.

Rear as she sits now.

New Yukon 35 spline Setup with Ballistic Fab Pinion guard

New Hack & Tap and Drive Shaft

Exhaust routed high and tight out the back
    Will

6. #331 Re: Project Hookup REBIRTH 
    Now for the front:

These are IRO high clearance Lowers with the Iron-Y cut off and I bought adjustable uppers from IRO and had them fab up some brachets and I have an easy adjustable upper setup. I mainly did this to fit the new extended bumpstops and drop brackets. The IronY bracket was contacting those parts due to the axle being pushed fwd 1".

Installed the TB and PA drops and it has almost completely killed the bump steer. I need an alignment but it rides NICE.

Will

7. #332 Re: Project Hookup REBIRTH 
    Lookin good man. Merry Christmas.
    2004 Ford Lightning

Autism? Its more common than you think..
    http://www.autismspeaks.org/whatisit/index.php

8. #333 Re: Project Hookup REBIRTH 
    Cool! So who ended up finishing the work finally?
    I collect Jeeps.

The Polar Bear Build on Mall Crawlin
    The Polar Bear Detailed Build

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

9. #334 Re: Project Hookup REBIRTH 
    Senior Member it usually runs fine's Avatar
    Thank god man I was worried you were never gunna get your stuff back. That is some damn fine exhuast work.
    Some girls don't like guys like me, but some girls do.

10. #335 Re: Project Hookup REBIRTH 
    Sup guys,

Merry Christmas.

After a bunch of vm's and finally getting a hold of his employee via text I let him know I NEEDED it by Christmas or I needed to take it somewhere else he got it done Friday.

He does good work, he is just crazy busy and short staffed with the loss of his fab guy. He is gonna hire a new welder in jan.

Prob will use Aribia Overkill next time as they are 100% jeep and do mainly fab.
    Will

11. #336 Re: Project Hookup REBIRTH 
    sweetness
    RIP 2004 WJ - 3.5' lift , JKS Disconnect and 33's
    NO! Shinobi's Jeep up side down on the news

2001 WJ - 6" Clayton , 35's BFG AT KOs , and buch of stuff
    Insurance Settlement Build

12. #337 Re: Project Hookup BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE 
    And the second box to change the IRO front Iron Y to adjustable/removable front links + a new HD drive shaft with a 1350 joint on the axle side to match the HD Dayton Yoke.

I went and dropped off the parts this morning. Saw the rig and its looking sad sitting on some fabbed up stands so it wont take up a stall or lift. Also learned that the new 3rd is a yukon HD case. So its almost a complete Yukon setup, gears, setup, locker, 3rd, and shafts.

They couldnt pull the old spring pads so I got some from Ballistic.

It should be ready in the next week or two.
    Are they now offering this conversion? Or is this a special case scenario.
    95 Limited 35" BFG's, Dirty 30/35, 231, SYE, 7" IRO Critical Path Long arm front, adjustable short arms rear.

13. #338 Re: Project Hookup BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE 
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lynch View Post
    Are they now offering this conversion? Or is this a special case scenario.

Na this was a special request. I've been working with them for years so it was simply a fab request
    Will

14. #339 Re: Project Hookup REBIRTH 
    definately looks good man
    No longer a JeepTech01 fan.

Just boobs.

And biggoofy.

And ELLLLLIOTTTTT................I think..........Yup and ELLLLLIOTTTTT.

15. #340 Re: Project Hookup REBIRTH 
    Hey dude, just bought an 03 WJ and was browsing around and found your thread. I thought "that jeep looks familiar..." then realized I'm pretty sure I see your jeep every day on the corner of El Camino and San Antonio. Am I right? Can't be that many WJs on 35s in that color... btw I work in the small blue office building with red doors right next door to where all that construction is.

Anyway, sweet rig. Coming from XJ land, I have a lot to learn.

16. #341 Re: Project Hookup REBIRTH 
    Quote Originally Posted by tizzdizz View Post
    Hey dude, just bought an 03 WJ and was browsing around and found your thread. I thought "that jeep looks familiar..." then realized I'm pretty sure I see your jeep every day on the corner of El Camino and San Antonio. Am I right? Can't be that many WJs on 35s in that color... btw I work in the small blue office building with red doors right next door to where all that construction is.

Anyway, sweet rig. Coming from XJ land, I have a lot to learn.
    Too funny, I just got it back from a long time at the shop. Yeah, I work at the wells fargo on the corner.

Any questions or if you ever want to swing by and talk jeeps shoot me a pm.
    Will

17. #342 Re: Project Hookup REBIRTH 
    update?
    No longer a JeepTech01 fan.

Just boobs.

And biggoofy.

And ELLLLLIOTTTTT................I think..........Yup and ELLLLLIOTTTTT.

18. #343 Re: Project Hookup REBIRTH 
    How is your steering holding up? Would you happen to have any advice or tips about tightening up my steering and get rid of the bump steer I have when I moved to Clayton's LA 6".

The track bar drop from IRO looks like it will help get my drag link and track bar back closer to parallel.

I'm also thinking about doing the tie rod flip, but since I'm running JKS/Kevin's HD tie rod and drag link, I'd have to flip both, unless I switch my tie rod to IRO's OTK tie rod like you have.
    Clayton's 6", KM2 33s, 242HD Swap, 4.56s

19. #344 Re: Project Hookup REBIRTH 
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin View Post
    How is your steering holding up? Would you happen to have any advice or tips about tightening up my steering and get rid of the bump steer I have when I moved to Clayton's LA 6".

The track bar drop from IRO looks like it will help get my drag link and track bar back closer to parallel.

I'm also thinking about doing the tie rod flip, but since I'm running JKS/Kevin's HD tie rod and drag link, I'd have to flip both, unless I switch my tie rod to IRO's OTK tie rod like you have.
    What shox did you upgrade to? When I went from Rubicon express to Bils it really make the bumpsteer worse due to the softer shox.

Yup it really helped my steering and bumpsteer, mine was even more accentuated due to flipping the draglink. It hasnt been this tight since I was at 4" lift.

You can just flip the draglink, you dont have to do the tie rod, it just gets both up higher, if you have the access to a buddy who can weld do the flip, if not the IRO filp is awesome and as sturdy as I got it 3 years ago.

I too am running the jks draglink.

I hope that helps, let me know if you need more info.
    Will

20. #345 Re: Project Hookup REBIRTH 
    What shox did you upgrade to? When I went from Rubicon express to Bils it really make the bumpsteer worse due to the softer shox.

Yup it really helped my steering and bumpsteer, mine was even more accentuated due to flipping the draglink. It hasnt been this tight since I was at 4" lift.

You can just flip the draglink, you dont have to do the tie rod, it just gets both up higher, if you have the access to a buddy who can weld do the flip, if not the IRO filp is awesome and as sturdy as I got it 3 years ago.

I too am running the jks draglink.

I hope that helps, let me know if you need more info.

I'm running Bilsteins as well. I could have sworn I read that if I do the tie rod flip, I'd have to flip the drag link as well as the TRE on the flipped tie rod would interfere with the TRE of the drag link.

The IRO OTK tie rod looks nice, but if I don't need to spend the money on it, I won't.

21. #346 Re: Project Hookup REBIRTH 
    Ah I misunderstood, I thought you meant the other way around.

Yes, you can NOT flip the tie rod and leave the draglink in factory position.

Our bumpsteer was caused by different issues. It may be a different solution you are looking for. I will tell you that flipping the DL and TB will only worsen you bump steer. That being said if you decide to flip the links then the IOR drops are a great solution.
    Will

22. #347 Re: Project Hookup REBIRTH 
    hmmm, more bump steer is not what I'm looking after. I'll look into the options more, but off the top of my head I am thinking if I do the TR flip, I'll go with IRO OTK, and possibly the track bar bracket to get the drag link and track bar back to parallel.

Thanks for the help and for the build thread. Nice WJ by the way.

23. #348 Re: Project Hookup REBIRTH 
    Some fun news.

So got a chance to hit the snow, Party and board a bit.

Pops wanted to fix his bumper and replace the latch and went to Arabia's Overkill and was talked into a new bumper. Gotta say way BLING.

I heard a clicking while driving coming from the back. Saw this and said WTF is it!!

Learned real quick how to flatten a 35" tire with the quickness.

Not mine, must have come off a work truck or something. Bastards!! Probably to big to use a plug.
    Will

24. #349 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    Dayum! You are havin some rough luck lately. Dis you wizz on somebodys grave or something?
    2004 Ford Lightning

Autism? Its more common than you think..
    http://www.autismspeaks.org/whatisit/index.php

25. #350 Re: Project Hookup Super DD 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeptech01 View Post
    Dayum! You are havin some rough luck lately. Dis you wizz on somebodys grave or something?
    Not to my recollection but you would have to think I am pushing out some bad karma to have this shit happen. Oh well, life works itself out.

Thats why i have a spare tire and an extra rimless 35" mtr sitting in the rafters of parents garage.
    Will

Thread Information