Thread: Front suspension Limiting Straps(Easy)

1. #1 Front suspension Limiting Straps(Easy) 
    Here's what I did to limit my droop. My steering was binding at full droop. These are 24 inch. I will be going to 23 as soon as I find some. I used the motor mount bolt for the top and the bottom is the swaybar link mount. They made it through the Rub. and a couple runs since. I feel they work great and are sturdy. Notice how straight the line they create is. Almost seemed to easy when I got them. I had to drill out the strap mount hole for the swaybar bolt. If you do this I recomend using Locktite on the motormount end. Q's or Comments welcome. H3..
    Attached Images     

2. #2 Re: Front suspension Limiting Straps(Easy) 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner JohnBoulderCO's Avatar
    They look good! Thanks for sharing. Check out what I did with my steering in the FAQ to get max droop.
    WJ, 4.7, Clayton's Front, Double Triangulated Rear, 231HD, HP44, 8.8, ARBs, TR Bumpers, Hydro Assist, 35's, Cage
    Lambo Doors - tweaked unibody
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8532

3. #3 Re: Front suspension Limiting Straps(Easy) 
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBoulderCO
    They look good! Thanks for sharing. Check out what I did with my steering in the FAQ to get max droop.
    I saw it. I liked it. I'm not doing it. I should have my front axle done soon, i hope. It will have 1 ton knuckles. Just don't want to take the time for a short period of use. This is why I have yet to extend my bumpstops.(the idea is to go to coilovers in the front.) Good read and write-up you did!

4. #4 Re: Front suspension Limiting Straps(Easy) 
    They made it through the Rub. and a couple runs since. I feel they work great and are sturdy. Notice how straight the line they create is. Almost seemed to easy when I got them. I had to drill out the strap mount hole for the swaybar bolt. If you do this I recomend using Locktite on the motormount end. Q's or Comments welcome. H3..
    watson

Thread Information