Thread: Not an organizer

1. #1 Not an organizer 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin

I removed the "GSW organizer" tag from under my name, I think Dave added me to that user group so I could see the discussions here, but as an Admin I can see them anyway. I received a few "thank you's" from people for being an organizer and had to explain I wasn't really, and didn't feel right for taking credit over something I had very minimal input on.

However, let me know if anyone needs help with the website / hosting and little things like that which I'm able to do from the other end of the country!

Hope you all don't mind if I drop in once in awhile to read up on the fun I might be missing out on next year

And to the *real* organizers of this event: Thank you

2. #2 Re: Not an organizer 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner JohnBoulderCO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ
    Hope you all don't mind if I drop in once in awhile to read up on the fun I might be missing out on next year
    Missing out???? Shit, I didn't even see the buggy run this year in Moab or CO. Figured you would get it and the tow rig sorted out and bring it back next year.
    WJ, 4.7, Clayton's Front, Double Triangulated Rear, 231HD, HP44, 8.8, ARBs, TR Bumpers, Hydro Assist, 35's, Cage
    Lambo Doors - tweaked unibody
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8532

3. #3 Re: Not an organizer 
    Admin
    LOL, you didn't see the buggy run this year because it hardly ran

Na, short of 3 major oversights, it didn't do badly. Or, should I say that it did as well as any half assed slapped together in no time without skill rig could do. However, the first thing it did other than driving on the trailer in my own driveway, was run Rusty Nailin Moab. It was just plain a bad decision on my part. I can be so goal-oriented "do or die" sometimes that it goes beyond reason in some situations. While it's what's made my business successful, it's also the trait in me which wasted peoples time in Moab taking a completely untested rig there, which I'll never forgive myself for. That was just miserable, on my part and I'm sure a large annoyance to a few others.

I could've had just as much fun riding biotch with someone, and saved a whole load of time / frustration / credit card bills. Lesson learned. Apparently I can't do anything I want.

Don't worry, I'm not backing out of GSW or the buggy, not by any means. I'm just not counting on me going next year. If it works out that the buggy / trail rig / trailer / finances are all in line to go, absolutely I'll be there... But I'm not revolving my life around making it happen again. Instead I'm revolving my life around growing the business, which might in turn guarantee I'll be there for years to come, we'll see anyway!

Short version.. I'll be back, with a vengeance, whether it's 2006, 7, 8, don't know yet.

4. #4 Re: Not an organizer 
    Matt, Don't be so hard on yourself. I took the Chalupa to GSW 2 or 3 years in a row totally untested. Didn't work out so well for me one of the years either. The only one really inconvenienced by it is yourself. Shit happens and you learn from it and you go on.

Corey

5. #5 Re: Not an organizer 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner JohnBoulderCO's Avatar
    Corey, I remember that one year. You drove it off the trailer, around the lot, then back on the trailer. Yeah, shit happens, what can you do.

Matt, I was just bummed when you said you were not sure you were going to come back. So many new rigs show up at GSW, then they get built up, then they go away. Just would be a bummer if you joined that club.

John
    WJ, 4.7, Clayton's Front, Double Triangulated Rear, 231HD, HP44, 8.8, ARBs, TR Bumpers, Hydro Assist, 35's, Cage
    Lambo Doors - tweaked unibody
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8532

6. #6 Re: Not an organizer 
    Admin
    Never throwing in the towel, just don't know if I'll have time to fine tune everything before June with all of the other to-do's on my list at the moment.

7. #7 Re: Not an organizer 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    Give yourself a break. I spent a bunch of time and money fixing my rear axle in 05 before GSW. Then broke two axles in 2 days both times about 45 minutes into the trail.

Yea and dont throw in the towel. Just cry into it now and then if you get my drift.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

8. #8 Re: Not an organizer 
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBoulderCO
    So many new rigs show up at GSW, then they get built up, then they go away. Just would be a bummer if you joined that club.

John
    Can I be considered part of that club?

9. #9 Re: Not an organizer 
    Admin
    I'm not joining the club

Fact is if I'd done summer school for the last two years I went, I'd be a semester away from having my masters... yet I don't even have my BS yet. Now that business is picking up tri fold last year, I don't think I'll be able to handle the 18 credits I usually kill myself at. I'd like to graduate SOME DAY which means classes during GSW

Then again, maybe things will work out. We'll see!

Good chance I'll fly out for the weekend nomatter what.

10. #10 Re: Not an organizer 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    So just fly out here and ride bitch for the weekend instead of taking 6 week vacations every time!!

11. #11 Re: Not an organizer 
    Admin
    Hey it was supposed to be 10 days off... (fuck you tow rig.)

12. #12 Re: Not an organizer 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Cody's Avatar
    didn't you say the chevy diesel was a good motor?
    Resident hater of tall lifts, dana 44's, 4.0's, stingers, exo cages, and ZJ tow rigs....and the word "overlanding"

13. #13 Re: Not an organizer 
    Admin
    I did, and I still do.

250,000 miles on the engine, overheated due to problems I should've checked before towing with it. Took out the injection pump.

Thread Information