Thread: Post your funny recovery stories here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: Post your funny recovery stories here 
    jsteves has a very good point. eco nazis are everywhere. hell, last year i "joined" an environmentalist group at school (IU) when they started dogging 'wheeling at their meetings and wanted to take action. a few of them had searched through pirate and other sites and found/ manipulated all kinds of pics and info to use against us to try to shut down trails in the midwest. i "joined" to show them that the vast majority of us are actually responsible and actually got them to stop their bs (tricked them into focusing on oil drilling in alaska instead... got them sidetracked until they forgot about it)... for now anyway. i'd really hate for them to get any amo from here... shit does happen when off roading, but PLEASE do everything you can to not go off of the trail and no matter what don't post up about it - people really do find it and freak out about it. i just want to be able to wheel (legally), as i'm sure most of the members here do, too.
    re: testy
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlerReady
    scrotum.

2. #27 Re: Post your funny recovery stories here 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZJ Pappy View Post
    You have a really good point in all of that, but if you look at the top of his post he says that was almost 10 years ago. Now I'm pretty sure he has "grown up" and gotten much smarter about how he wheels in the past 10 years. It's not like he did this last week.
    Still, it's better not to post up bragging about it (especially saying he'd do it again ) because they WILL use anything they can against us, even if they have to alter it slightly. I've done some stupid shit but I'm not proud of it, and while there are plenty of funny stories, this isn't the place to relate them.
    Poetry in commotion.

3. #28 Re: Post your funny recovery stories here 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    Some of the arguments in here are just bad news for all of us. Yes, shit happens. No, you should NOT be talking about bypassing gates on a PUBLIC AND OPEN forum.

Yes we've all done stupid shit, doesn't mean you need to give them amo. You'd be amazed who reads forums such as these. Tread lightly when posting stories like this.

4. #29 Re: Post your funny recovery stories here 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyline View Post
    You obviously don't read too well. And you ARE being a dick. I do not condone going off a trail, but yes, I would do it again if I was in a similar emergency. Sometimes, if you plan a long point to point wheeling trip, on PUBLIC LEGAL TRAILS, you pass a point of no return in terms of gas. And if you come to an unforseen, impassable obstacle, you have to use your creativity to get around it.
    He's being a dick for using his head, and trying to protect our trails?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information