Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands - Page 2

Thread: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. #26 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris junki
    Are the badlands only for hevily modified Jeeps? What would say the minimum requirments (tire size - lift) are out there? Are all the trails pretty much hard core or are there some easier ones out there?
    (Never been there)
    Last year we had everything from a BB and 31's to built Jeeps on 35's

Even if I don't have a Grand then... I am still coming!

Grand Valley State University

2. #27 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaineWasHere
    You BETTER!

Don't let Phil puss out either.
    That's just down right rude!!!

I'm a definite maybe!!

The ZJ is running well right now, just needs a steering box, I think. So, I should make it and the dates seem good!

Phil
    95ZJ 249>242; RE 4.5+2.5"ACOS & BB;Lost in Short Arm Land; 4.56; Superior; ARB lockers & Bull Bar;33"TruxusMT; ADDCOs F&R; Bilsteins; JKS sliders,rear TB n Discos;Kevins TB conversion;

http://raskull.com/misc/golub.gif

3. #28 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    Well get on it Phil!

4. #29 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    Quote Originally Posted by EMTimZJ
    Well get on it Phil!
    It's the beginning of this century, so I think it's fair to say that we will see you wheelin your ZJ sometime this century!
    I also saw your comment on my wheelin in JF...
    From the person who taught you all you know about not driving off a mountain!

Phil
    95ZJ 249>242; RE 4.5+2.5"ACOS & BB;Lost in Short Arm Land; 4.56; Superior; ARB lockers & Bull Bar;33"TruxusMT; ADDCOs F&R; Bilsteins; JKS sliders,rear TB n Discos;Kevins TB conversion;

5. #30 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    Quote Originally Posted by BlaineWasHere
    Last year we had everything from a BB and 31's to built Jeeps on 35's

Even if I don't have a Grand then... I am still coming!
    who was on 35's?? I hope you're not counting the TJ
    5.9 ZJ With stuff attached
    It's true that I'm old enough to have been there done that.....it doesn't make me an expert...it just gives me an educated opinion.

6. #31 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    Quote Originally Posted by fr3db3ar
    who was on 35's?? I hope you're not counting the TJ
    Nope he was on 37's and a D35

Grand Valley State University

7. #32 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    Quote Originally Posted by redzj
    Little bit of everything, plenty for a near stocker. I will take some pics this weekend when I am up there.
    Hey RedZJ, how is it your from STL and I've never seen your rig. I thought I knew all the Grand guy's around here, especially all those with built rig's such as your's. Are you part of SIJA or MWJT?
    Ken

99 Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO High Clearance Long Arms, F&R D44s locked/trussed, 4.10's, 242HD, KMA Bumper, 33" Yokohama Mud Rovers + Lot's more

8. #33 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    So any word on when this is actually going to take place yet, just personally it would be a lot better for me if it could be the third weekend for me. I've been trying to clear some time off and I'm still scheduled for that weekend it's curently scheduled for. If I have to call in Sick from Attica, I will

I've made it to the "original", when it was just us three amigo's and then last year when it was 10 of us, I'm hoping to see a lot of new faces this year and I'm also working to try and get some vendor support for door/campfire cookout prizes from some of the guy's I've been working with. Any of you guys feel free to do the same, maybe we can get something to give away, even as small as tire deflators or gift cards, anything is fine.

Discuss...
    Ken

99 Limited - 4.7L HO V8, 6.5" IRO High Clearance Long Arms, F&R D44s locked/trussed, 4.10's, 242HD, KMA Bumper, 33" Yokohama Mud Rovers + Lot's more

9. #34 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    May 11, 12, 13 - first post! No?

10. #35 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    Quote Originally Posted by 10achik
    Hey RedZJ, how is it your from STL and I've never seen your rig. I thought I knew all the Grand guy's around here, especially all those with built rig's such as your's. Are you part of SIJA or MWJT?
    Not part of any clubs. Hell I haven't seen a single lifted grand around here. I was starting to think I was the only one. I live in Collinsville but I keep the jeep in Ofallon most of the time. Where you from?
    1997 Limited on 35's, 7" long arm and F/R d44's with alloy's, superoints and other stuff.

11. #36 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    Member Lifetime Supporter
    Im going. I just have 3.5 lift and will have 31s by then. If nothing else it will be fun to see everyones grands! Looking forward to it.

12. #37 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    Quote Originally Posted by redzj
    Not part of any clubs. Hell I haven't seen a single lifted grand around here. I was starting to think I was the only one. I live in Collinsville but I keep the jeep in Ofallon most of the time. Where you from?
    Mascoutah, but I work over in STL at NGA behind the AB brewery off 55. I use to live in Fairview Heights though, been here since 97. There's really not a whole lot of wheeling close, but some REALLY good wheeling within 1 to 2 hours, mostly on the MO side. They have basically closed Rockport but opened Hanibal Rocks, which is supose to be even better. There's also Flat Nasty which was just featured in one of the offroad mag's I get, it was developed by a professional rock crawler named Ron Maximoff. Anyway, check out sija.org and www.midwestjeepthing.com for the local clubs, they have pop-up runs quite often. I'm getting my front long arms this week, maybe I'll give you a call

Oh and Phill, those dates weren't set in stone, I was wondering what the general consensus was, that's a bad weekend for me, the next would be better, but if that's the one we want to stay with, then I will figure out a way to make it work.

And Katesdad, you will be fine with that lift/tire combo. We had people wheel with less, nobody get's left behind. If you don't feel comfortable there's always an extra seat, that's what's nice about the grands, you can take your friends wheelin, quite comfortably too I might add
    Ken

13. #38 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    If you need a hand give me a call. I am off this week anyway just building a home for my new winch 618-589-0395
    Chad
    1997 Limited on 35's, 7" long arm and F/R d44's with alloy's, superoints and other stuff.

14. #39 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    I spoke with Jason over at Iron Rock Offroad and he said they would send me a few things for giveaway's, maybe t-shirts or decals or something. There's not really much of a place to do a big dinner style banquet. So I figured we would have a few Campers this year like we did the last and maybe we could do the Campfire "giveaway" or something.

Anybody in real good with Kevin or another vendor that could try to get a few things?

Oh and Chad, I got the LA's in this afternoon, install looks relatively straigt forward, I'll probably do it this weekend if I get time, but thanks for the offer.
    Ken

15. #40 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    Im in. The Badlands are only 2 hours away. I was supposed to be going back down there in a couple of weeks to go play. But my lil brother (who drives an XJ) just got in trouble with the law and lost his license again. So now, who knows? I guess its time to buy a winch.

Anyway, itll be nice to meet some of you there.

Chris

16. #41 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    So did we nail down a weekend yet? just thought it looked cool

17. #42 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    Katesdad, you should definately attend!

Onto the dates:

Right now it is planned for the second weekend, (11th, 12th, 13th). I'm talking with a few people and the only other weekend it may move to is one week later, the 18th, 19th, 20th. In the next few weeks we will make it final.

So you better show up!

18. #43 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    Ill be there on a Saturday for sure!

19. #44 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    I work the 3 - 12 hour shifts the weekend it's currently scheduled for, one week later would be better for me, but if it stays I will just have to figure out a way to take off. You know I'll be there, I haven't missed one yet.
    Ken

20. #45 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    Oh you know I'm going to be making it this year. I'm done with finals the 8th, so this works out perfectly.

Charlie

21. #46 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    Yeah, you guys can expect me and Elliot this year.

22. #47 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    im going to be at purdue at the time u guys are all headin out, badlands is only 30mins from purdue, i may bring my YJ down seeing that my ZJ is stock, and after taking a few trips to the badlands I know it couldnt do much. I may also be able to have some people stay at my apt for free if anyone is interested. remembering that it is a college apt
    1994 Wrangler - ARB Bumper, Warn XD9000i, 3" body lift, 2.5" RE XD, OME shocks, 4.88's, Locked Rear, 33's

1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9L - Borla Cat-back, Addco sway bars F+R, K&N FIPK

23. #48 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    Charlie, I'm looking forward to you and Elliot coming up.

DJ, by all means stop on by and wheel. We are still planning the Saturday night cookout that we had last year.

If Barry can't make it I'll make sure the grill will get taken care of.

I know it seems like we are dragging our feet on the final weekend, however we will know shortly. I need to double check some field work dates with my profs.

-Tim

24. #49 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    would anyone be willing to have me ride along on the trip... i know the trails decently
    1994 Wrangler - ARB Bumper, Warn XD9000i, 3" body lift, 2.5" RE XD, OME shocks, 4.88's, Locked Rear, 33's

1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9L - Borla Cat-back, Addco sway bars F+R, K&N FIPK

25. #50 Re: GS-MW 2007 @ the Badlands 
    I'll have an extra seat, I think I will have a buddy from work riding with me, but there's a big back seat back there with your name on it if you want it.

wait, you mean ride along on the trails or come get you and then ride along? You can ride with me at the the Park, but it would be hella out of the way for me to come get you
    Ken

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Thread Information