Thread: Trouble In Montana

1. #1 Trouble In Montana 
    Started having some throttle problems outside of Butte. In a little place called Dillon right now. Pulling a code for the TPS. Only 1 garage in town can look at it today everyone else says a week. Jeep is holding together otherwise. Hoping we can still make it to GS. Try to find another computer to keep updated. Hope to see you all by tommorrow night.

L8R

Brett
    2K WJ 4.0L, 242, Rockcrusher60 front, Prorock60 rear 39.5" IROKS, Bold Bumper and Rocky Mountain Pinstriping

2. #2 Re: Trouble In Montana 
    Keep heading down hill so you can roll in to Moab. They have plenty of places there that can fix your throttle problem. See you in Moab.

Snowman
    Snowman

I don't need no stinkin' lockers!
    All seriousness aside => 95 ZJ, 3.5" RE, Body Armor, Radiator Support, Steering Gear Support, ARBs front and rear.

Warning!! These posts may be infected with irony!

3. #3 Re: Trouble In Montana 
    So its a bad TPS sensor. Can't get 1 'til tommorrow first thing, gotta come out of Billings. Hope to be back on the road by 10 a.m. Jeep is in limp mode doesn't want to go much over 35. Gonna be a long day of driving. Hoping to hit Moab by midnight, then Golden Spike at 7a.m. lovely.
    2K WJ 4.0L, 242, Rockcrusher60 front, Prorock60 rear 39.5" IROKS, Bold Bumper and Rocky Mountain Pinstriping

4. #4 Re: Trouble In Montana 
    Not right when a bad sensor cripples your jeep. O2, tps, cps all went out on my WJ before I hit 50k miles. I was able to get out of limp mode by shutting it off, waiting a few minutes and re-starting the engine. It would go back into limp mode again after it sat for about 1/2 hour and was re-started and driven for a few miles.

5. #5 Re: Trouble In Montana 
    Shit ass stupid TPS... try all the connections..then even go as far as while its running, loosen the two screws on it and try to turn(adjust) it a little tiny bit... there should be a tiny bit of movement in either direction....used to do that with the TPS on the Mustang to get better throttle response. Call me when you get shit straightened up...
    L8tr buddy.

Layne
    99WJ...9" Custom Stainless Longarmed, Full W HiP D44 front, Custom Stainless Full W HiP 9" rear, BoldDesign Front/Rear Bumpers, 36" Bias IROK's

6. #6 Re: Trouble In Montana 
    Well buddy?
    You all fixed up yet?
    Hope so.
    99WJ...9" Custom Stainless Longarmed, Full W HiP D44 front, Custom Stainless Full W HiP 9" rear, BoldDesign Front/Rear Bumpers, 36" Bias IROK's

7. #7 Re: Trouble In Montana 
    Good Luck!!!

Grand Valley State University

8. #8 Re: Trouble In Montana 
    Have fun buddy... glad you made it. Wish my rig was ready, maybe next time we will make the trip together? Place safe, buy me a t-shirt! Wheel hard.

Layne

Thread Information