Thread: Tapered insert for ES2026R

1. #1 Tapered insert for ES2026R 
    Well I bent the chevy "1 ton" tie rod end with the hole that's actually for a steering stabilizer that everyone reams out, so I'm building a new tie rod that will run knuckle to knuckle. I'll be making a sleeve for the tie rod like what I made for my tierod side hydro assist mount. I'm looking for something that's tapered to 1.5"/foot as the chevy tie rod ends are. I'd like to weld it between two vertical tabs coming off the sleeve.. Anyone know of a company that makes something like this? I guess I can always ream some pipe or tube out if it comes to it..
    Last edited by ATL ZJ; 03-31-2006 at 03:36 PM.

2. #2 Re: Tapered insert for ES2026R 
    Email my brother, warrior_yfm350x@yahoo.com He's a machinist and should be able to make something for you without too much trouble. He is pretty busy though.
    03 Subaru WRX
    98 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD
    98 Jeep ZJ
    95 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD

3. #3 Re: Tapered insert for ES2026R 
    Search or ask over on a yota board...They have an insert that takes the 1 ton taper that drops into the pitman arm after its been drilled out. I cant for the life of me remember where I saw it but I know its out there. Had to repair the TRE hole on my D44 knuckle by drilling it out all the way and then using this insert.

AARON
    91 Black XJ, Stroked to 4.6L, Lifted 4.5", Custom long arms, 33s, Front HP Dana 44 w/4.10s & ARB, Rear Ford 8.8 w/4.10s & ARB, Traction bar, Custom bumpers and rock rails, and Skids.

Thread Information