Thread: Double Cardan Rebuild

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: Double Cardan Rebuild 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter ZJ TINS's Avatar
    They are all greaseable except the yoke centering piece. You can buy one but once assembled it cannot be reached. I think once a year I will carefully peal back the rubber sleeve and carefully squirt in some grease. It's the same part shown in passrunner's 10th picture, a greased bearing with a butterfly mechanical suround.

Also the cup it fits into (see passrunners pics) was oxidized and they polished the cup and the spindle. Otherwise this must be cut off and a new one welded inplace.
    Last edited by ZJ TINS; 04-27-2010 at 09:54 AM.
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”- George Mason
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
    “The great object is that every man be armed.” -Patrick Henry

2. #27 Re: Double Cardan Rebuild 
    Aloha,
    Man honestly thanks a billion for that old post it really helped me in my first ever front drive shaft overhaul. Really helped prevent me from making big mistakes especially the stuff about the pins. Any ways I'm almost done but noticed that you didnt say anything about the rubber dust seal that is pressed into the slinger on the stock non grease-able one. The grease-able one has a much smaller spacing because of the zerk so the old one dont fit. I called American DT back and tey seem confused as of now as well. Thoughts, did U get a new dust seal with yours? Is there even supposed to be a seal on the grease-able one?

Again BIG MAHALOS from Hawaii.

3. #28 Re: Double Cardan Rebuild 
    Great detail -- Plus Totally like the uploaded digital Photos -- many thanks for taking time to generate & Post -- I plan to perform Rebuild following instructions within this post on our 93 ZJ Limited this Weekend Oct 6, 2012

4. #29 Re: Double Cardan Rebuild 
    nice write up, I should do this soon, thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information