Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! - Page 2

Thread: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #26 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    hmmm sounds like good deal, i wonder if it sounds stock or like a "real" header...
    98 GC 4.0 BORED .60, 4.7 stroker, rustys 4.5 custom lift, fastman tb, oba, 33 swampers this that and whatknot...

92 subaru justy rally car mazda b6t- 1300lbs + 250hp = crapping pants

run over a HONDA its your CIVIC duty!

My jeep won the war, your honda mows my lawn.

2. #27 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    Does anyone have any updates on this header?

And will this hit a WJ series? I'm considering one for my 2001 if it will fit.
    2001 WJ I6 | 2" BB : MX-6 Shocks : Silverstars : K&N FIPK2
    Cliff Designs 3.2LX : Fosgate 12" HX2 | Infinity Reference 3012cf 3.5" Dash Speakers

3. #28 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    Edit: These fit XJ and ZJ, but not WJ. I installed mine last spring and like it. There are many of these in use on the 4.0 on Grand Cherokees and Cherokees now. I know of at least 8, 2 on strokers, and know of no problems with them.

Good Luck
    Last edited by doyll; 12-10-2006 at 05:18 AM.
    97 ZJ Larado, 4.0, 242, skids, tow package, hooks, 3 1/3" lift, Rancho 9000 shocks, Dunlop 265/75R16 Mud Terrains with Airsoft BBs for balance, Rockrailz & OBA

Need: Adjustable front upper control arms front track bar bracket and rear adjustable track bar for 3' lift

4. #29 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    I've been looking for a header for under $300.00 dollars. Thanks for the info. Ordering mine soon.

5. #30 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    Still, no one answered the big question...........

After seing them in person, does anyone have a guess on wether these things will fit an I6 Wj???
    '02 Wj. Modded just enough to stand out from the soccer moms. You know, the usual 6", 34" tires. 4:10's and Aussies front and rear. Roof rack, tire toting rear bumper. Stickers. Don't forget the stickers.

6. #31 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Nopetrol
    Still, no one answered the big question...........

After seing them in person, does anyone have a guess on wether these things will fit an I6 Wj???
    Yah I'm waiting to find that out too from someone that knows for sure.
    2001 WJ I6 | 2" BB : MX-6 Shocks : Silverstars : K&N FIPK2
    Cliff Designs 3.2LX : Fosgate 12" HX2 | Infinity Reference 3012cf 3.5" Dash Speakers

7. #32 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    Here's what I have learned since weds night........

And someone feel free to correct me...........

Banks makes a header for the 99-01 Wj I6 trucks. They stop at '01 because of those weird little cats that are a part of the stock exhaust manifold for '02 on. Since they are emissions equipment, and they are a part of the manifold it makes it impossible to install a header in which these little tumors are absent. You can buy a 99-01 header that WILL PHYSICALLY FIT, but it's wrong (roll your own eyes) because it has no cats in it. Since this version from the el cheapo company is a copy of the Banks design(note: the Banks flange is substantially better looking) if the Banks will fit, then so would the el cheapo. You and your conscience can draw conclusions from here..........
    '02 Wj. Modded just enough to stand out from the soccer moms. You know, the usual 6", 34" tires. 4:10's and Aussies front and rear. Roof rack, tire toting rear bumper. Stickers. Don't forget the stickers.

8. #33 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    Sorry guys, was up late and didn't read good. These headers are for ZJ and XJ models. To the best of my knowledge, WJs are a different exhaust design because of engine mounts.

Good Luck
    97 ZJ Larado, 4.0, 242, skids, tow package, hooks, 3 1/3" lift, Rancho 9000 shocks, Dunlop 265/75R16 Mud Terrains with Airsoft BBs for balance, Rockrailz & OBA

Need: Adjustable front upper control arms front track bar bracket and rear adjustable track bar for 3' lift

9. #34 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    Just Installed mine over the weekend with no probs. Just took a few hours. Now their is more power at start and highway. Sounds a little throatier and no exhaust leak. The old manifold was cracked in three spots. Overall very please with new manifold ,good bang for the buck.

10. #35 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    i ordered one this morning - my manifold is cracked so bad it's about to break off completely, i figured it's time...

http://www.autopn.com/store/pc/viewP...dProduct=20009
    95 ZJ | Clayton 6" | 8.8 | HP30 | 4.88s | Aussie F/R | 242 SYE | 35 MTZs

Paragon ♠ Tellico ◊ Big Dogs ♣ Rausch Creek ♥ Moab ♠ Rubicon

11. #36 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    i had mine installed in december while i was up in houston..
    they had to grind down the flange to get the intake to fit flush, they said th third time was a charm (they were a great shop, but lousy at communicating, I had told them to watch out for the flange and they didnt bother to pass it along the chain)

they also swapped out my factory muffler for a magnaflow oval, sounds great, and theres no death drone, when you step in it it sounds wonderful and when you're not into it its nice and quiet.

gets a really nice resonant note going at 1250 rpm

i noticed a huge power difference from my cracked stock setup to this one, it really jumps off the line now in comparison, and the noise is back with the muffler, not under the hood..

12. #37 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    I bought this header after my post on it like a year an a half ago. Due to my job n money i didn't have time or space to do the swap until about 2 months ago. Scince i have put about 7k on it and been happy. Until now. It just randomly cracked, bad, right where the stock ones crack. I waited almost 15 months to install so the 1 year warranty is out the window. I'd be more pissed if i wasn't taking it off in a few weeks to put in my 4.5 cammed stroker . but im still pissed...

No matter WUT. You get what you pay for..,
    96 ZJ... Little bit of Jeep/Dodge/AMC/Chevy/Ford... oh, and Cummins

TOW RIG: 99 Black EC/LB Cummins. GV Overdrive Unit-AD150-Adrenaline/CTD150s-62/14/65-Valair 550hp SD-4''TB Duals/315's

13. #38 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItCrunk View Post
    I bought this header after my post on it like a year an a half ago. Due to my job n money i didn't have time or space to do the swap until about 2 months ago. Scince i have put about 7k on it and been happy. Until now. It just randomly cracked, bad, right where the stock ones crack. I waited almost 15 months to install so the 1 year warranty is out the window. I'd be more pissed if i wasn't taking it off in a few weeks to put in my 4.5 cammed stroker . but im still pissed...

No matter WUT. You get what you pay for..,
    Sorry to hear yours cracked, but quit whining and contact supplier (APN). They have a 888 number. It's not a one year warranty... it's a limited lifetime warranty. As for cracking it's either defective or you have bad motor mounts. I've been running mine for 1 1/2 years and over 16000 miles with no problem and know of 3 others personally that have similar use with no problems.

Keep us informed of what APN tells you so we have more feedback of how good/bad they are.

Lloyd

14. #39 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    I got outta work late so there closed but ill call tuesday.

I checked my motor mounts before i had installed the header. I did an 99+ IM swap at the same time so while i had the whole side of the motor apart so i checked them. Months before i actually had them out because i did my 5 speed swap and i felt much mroe torsional slop afterwards and i thought it was a bad mount, so they have been checked quite well lol.

No whining i Just figured id let people know.

I also didn't use flex pipe, ive been told by a few people that the true an only cure for that crack is to put a piece of flex pipe on the head pipe before the mount on the x-member on the piece of pipe that runs horizontal to the frame rails. I would assume so the engine can twist and the header won't? Lots of crazy redneck engineering around here so i accept the ball busting if this sounds retarded

Hopefully there will be alot of tortional flex when the 4.5 is in!!
    96 ZJ... Little bit of Jeep/Dodge/AMC/Chevy/Ford... oh, and Cummins

TOW RIG: 99 Black EC/LB Cummins. GV Overdrive Unit-AD150-Adrenaline/CTD150s-62/14/65-Valair 550hp SD-4''TB Duals/315's

15. #40 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    Then probably defective header. I wasn't really yanking your chain about whining. Good luck

16. #41 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    I was wondering if anyone had any updates regarding this header from APN? I see that most of these posts are 2-3 years old, and was curious about the durability of the header. I am considering this one for my XJ, but don't want to throw my money away if it has turned out to be a POS.

TK

17. #42 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    I had mine on for over 3 years with no problems.
    Project Never-ending
    1997 ZJ - sold
    www.tntcustoms.com

18. #43 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter ZJ TINS's Avatar
    APN 3 + years no problem.
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”- George Mason
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
    “The great object is that every man be armed.” -Patrick Henry

19. #44 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    Anyone have an updated link? I can't get the one supplied here to work. I need one of these since my factory one is cracked too. Thanks!
    '97 ZJ Laredo 4.0. Bone stock, NP 242J, Dana diff's. Dreamin' of all the mods I want to do....

20. #45 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    95 ZJ | Clayton 6" | 8.8 | HP30 | 4.88s | Aussie F/R | 242 SYE | 35 MTZs

Paragon ♠ Tellico ◊ Big Dogs ♣ Rausch Creek ♥ Moab ♠ Rubicon

21. #46 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    Thanks Sudz!
    '97 ZJ Laredo 4.0. Bone stock, NP 242J, Dana diff's. Dreamin' of all the mods I want to do....

22. #47 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    I installed mine yesterday. I did a side by side comparison in my build/carnage thread.

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/sho...521#post254521
    Quote Originally Posted by CurtP View Post
    What a fucking concept, eh? How dare you bring logic to this thread. What are you, some kind of asshole?

23. #48 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    Member Lifetime Supporter Varkyl's Avatar
    Have had mine for about 3 years and it had cracked in under 6 months. I think that if there is stress put on the header from the rest of the exhaust system it will crack.
    The next one I install will be the one with the expansion joints on the runners for #1 and 6 cylinders.
    '96 ZJ slightly modded with more in the works (5.3L HP44 and SF 14b)
    '03 WJ Limited 4.7HO - just starting the journey

24. #49 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    3 1/2 years and no problems

25. #50 Re: Banks look-a-like 4.0 headers cheap!! 
    the parts life on the APN that you guys show is MUCH better than the REAL Banks I had! After a little over a year it was cracked in 3 places, and cost about 1/3 of a real banks
    93' ZJ 4.7L STROKER, Clayton LONGARMS, 4wd conversion, 231 SYE, HPD30, 8.8, BFG 35's, 2000 manifold & injectors, Hesco fpr, Port & polish, LS1 valves, WJ Steering/brakes, KOR SliderZ & steering box brace, Clayton TB bracket and my custom trackbar, Crane ignition, B&M cooler, Tom Woods, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    We're all insane here...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Thread Information