Thread: Latest info for GSMW

1. #1 Latest info for GSMW 
    Well, not really a GS event but, there are a bunch of Grands from JF going to Attica. Here is the thread.

Badlands Run Attica, IN May 20th-21st, Woody's last lower 48 RUN!
    Okay folks here it is.

I have just solidified my plans for leaving the lower 48, however as always with the Air Force, they are subject to change should something big happen prior to my departure from Tucson. Once I'm rollin', I'm not looking back.

Anyway, there's been talk for a few months about this run to the Badlands in Attica Indiana, not South Dakota like I initially thought. It has even been called Woody's run in a few threads as I posted that I would be driving up to the Midwest anyway to visit family so why not go wheelin'.

So here's the deal. I know we have a lot of time to prepare, but that's good. It gives everyone a chance to get ready and plan. I will be departing Tucson around the 15th of May and plan to be in Peoria Illinois around the 18th. My brother and his wife live there, and it's only 150 miles away from Attica. They might be riding with me and my 4 year old, if we can convince his wife of less than a year to go 4-wheelin'.

I figured we could meet in the morning of the 20th and wheel all day. I don't know if it's good enough to pay to go a second day on the 21st or not, so I will leave that to those who have been there.

For those who want more info on location and other stuff about this place you can go to www.badlandsoffroad.com and check it out. There's stuff for every size vehicle so stockers are welcome as well as those who are lifted. If you'd like to ride along, I'm sure there will be a few empty seats that would be more than happy to give you a lift. Again we have time to coordinate this and keep the calenders clear so that nothing gets scheduled for this time period.

The cost for this is $15 for a one day pass and $20 for a two day. The badlands also require a small flag at least 2' above the roofline. They sell them for $10. I'm going to see if I can get one to put on the whip, although it'll be about 8' above the roofline.

This should be a good time, Suresh will tell you to not forget sliders, but with help we can get you through without them. I have a CB, and will bring my motorola GMRS radios. (I have 2) If you don't have a CB the GMRS radios can be bought for $35-$85 for a pack of two. If you would like a set for this run, coordinate with me prior to the run and I can buy some (I prefer rechargables) and bring them up for you. They work great and have a range of about 3 miles depending on terrain.

Any questions? If so PM me, or post a reply.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm looking for MAXIMUM participation. I want to meet the folks I've been chatting with!
    Hope to see you in Attica!

Hunter
    04 4.7 HO limited
    04 4.7 HO Overland
    00 4.7 with no lift or mods (RIP)
    94 5.9 with lift and mods (sold)

2. #2 Re: Latest info for GSMW 
    Anyone here going? I'm kinda the instigator of this. There's a hotel called the Attica Inn just a few miles down the road, or a campground that is nearby as well.

I'll be camping, but if you need numbers to either place let me know and I'll get them for you.

In case you were wondering, this started as my final lower 48 run (I'm moving to AK in late May/June) and morphed to GSMW.

Hope to see a few folks there.
    Woody
    1985 K1500 Burb, 6.2 Detroit, 1 tons and 38's in the works.

94ZJ, AX-15, 5.5" Heinz 57 lift, Cladding removed, sliders, herc, rear mount tire carrier, thule basket with spots. 33" M/T's, 4.10's and a Detroit EZ locker SOLD

3. #3 Re: Latest info for GSMW 
    I still hope to be there......when the new used tranny gets finished being installed
    5.9 ZJ With stuff attached
    It's true that I'm old enough to have been there done that.....it doesn't make me an expert...it just gives me an educated opinion.

4. #4 Re: Latest info for GSMW 
    There are 2 things I really want to do...wheel the Badlands and wheel in a Grand Slam. Unfortunately, that's the weekend my brother chose to get married.
    Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

5. #5 Re: Latest info for GSMW 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken L
    There are 2 things I really want to do...wheel the Badlands and wheel in a Grand Slam.
    The two don't compare in any way....the badlands is just like a theme park for 4x4's...grand slams are usually in national parks and have far more exciting wheeling and scenery. So definitely make attending a Grand Slam a bigger priority.

BUT....if ya'll are going there in May, I may just have to swing down there for a day w/ the Trashcan. I didn't really want to wheel it again until it was either lowered, widened, or exo-caged, but since Attica is basically like a bigger version of my backyard I don't see much risk in it. So count me in for the time being....after all it is only like an hour and a half from me.
    1993 Trashcan, 7/8 Ton, 37's

Some people play golf, others enjoy football...I just really like fucking with people.

Vote REPUBLICAN.......because EVERYONE can't be on WELFARE!!!

6. #6 Re: Latest info for GSMW 
    ill be there........

7. #7 Re: Latest info for GSMW 
    Krash,

come on down and play. I plan on being there with my son for his birthday.

Hunter
    04 4.7 HO limited
    04 4.7 HO Overland
    00 4.7 with no lift or mods (RIP)
    94 5.9 with lift and mods (sold)

Thread Information