Thread: ZJ AX15/NP231 swap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: ZJ AX15/NP231 swap 
    I hope its ok to post this here, but it may help out anyone doing a stick shift conversion to a ZJ. I got a hold of a factory stick shift ZJ, pulled out the manual transmission parts, and I'm going to be reverse engineering them one by one. I finished with the clutch pedal bracket, which seemed like the biggest PITA since I hate working under dashboards. I copied the factory one, added a switch bracket for the NSS to be triggered by the pedal, and I had a few made. I've got a few extras, so I threw one on ebay in case anyone else would need it.

2. #27 Re: ZJ AX15/NP231 swap 
    could you pot a link to the ebay auction I cant seem to search and find it. Also could you post some pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by StickShiftZJ View Post
    I hope its ok to post this here, but it may help out anyone doing a stick shift conversion to a ZJ. I got a hold of a factory stick shift ZJ, pulled out the manual transmission parts, and I'm going to be reverse engineering them one by one. I finished with the clutch pedal bracket, which seemed like the biggest PITA since I hate working under dashboards. I copied the factory one, added a switch bracket for the NSS to be triggered by the pedal, and I had a few made. I've got a few extras, so I threw one on ebay in case anyone else would need it.
    My 94 5.2, swapped to a np242, wj knuckle swap and crossover steering on a xj hi pinion 30, artec 8.8 swap truss with 8.8ls and 4.10 in rear, iro 5.5 long arms front and rear, rockers replaced with 2x5 .120 wall, Diy TMI steel beadlocks with treadwright 35s, built a flatland4x4.com front bumper, also currently building a modified version of the rear to include a winch. Next up tcase doubler and roof rack.

3. #28 Re: ZJ AX15/NP231 swap 
    I'm not able to post attachments, but I do have a pictures on my web site, stickshiftzj.com. Its a work in progress, I'm still adding info, but is has some of the basic swap info and pictures of the pedal bracket. You probably didn't find it on ebay because I sold the one on the listing early this morning and just relisted another. Its item #162254776813. This is my last one, but when this one sells I'll have another batch made. The laser cutting is pretty quick, but the CNC forming had a pretty good lead time, the first batch took me three weeks.

4. #29 Re: ZJ AX15/NP231 swap 
    Damn...you couldn't have posted this before I rebuilt my auto? Lol!

5. #30 Re: ZJ AX15/NP231 swap 
    Bumping this back up as I have pretty much everything to swap my 94.

Going to throw in this note about using a YJ trans: the t-case clocking is different. I found this out when installing an XJ AX15 into my YJ many years ago, the t-case hit the floor in the YJ. The trans does have enough material for both positions/clockings. I ended up just making a template and drilling mine to fit the YJ. I have an XJ trans for my swap in the ZJ.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information