Thread: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle (now with more lift!!)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #26 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    The Oil Dude MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    Yea just read about it in the other thread.

Did you guys get the Amsoil installed with the locker?
    Your #1 Source for Amsoil Lubricants

Lube it or Loose it!

2. #27 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue-Ball
    Yea just read about it in the other thread.

Did you guys get the Amsoil installed with the locker?
    Yup!

3. #28 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    We just ordered up a new set of battery cables from Jeepers and Creepers. Pam's cables were showing some signs of corrosion, so we're going to replace her battery with a gel cell and slap on these cables. I've been running the Jeepers and Creepers cables on my ZJ for almost 4 years now and LOVE them. Super thick 2/0 gauge wire to the starter, and I think 4 guage to the power distribution center. The clamps are also quite beefy too, and much easier to add accessories to than the stock setup. The price is pretty dang good on these too. When I got mine, I was working at a Jeep dealership at the time, wholesale COST on the factory cable setup was about the same as the Jeepers and Creepers and setup. Kind of a no brainer eh?

We'll have pics up as soon as we can get them. With getting both rigs ready for Moab in less than a week, I'm not even sure we can get the cables installed before we leave, but I hope so!

4. #29 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Staff
    James over at J&C is a GREAT guy. he has sponsored my BBQ last year and this year as well and made all the cables I have for my batteries and my winch when I relocated the winch control box to under the hood.

I even sent him the cables I got from Wrangler for my dual battery set up so that he could put his ends on them as I liked them better than the Wrangler ends.

Great guy can't speak more highly about him.

Dirk

Lube it or Loose it!

5. #30 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue-Ball

Great guy can't speak more highly about him.

Dirk
    x2!

When I ordered my ZJ cables I had emailed them at around midnight with some questions expecting to hear back the next day. We emailed back and forth until about 1AM and he answered all of my questions and got me set up and ready to roll!!

When I showed the cables to one of the techs at the stealership I worked at he asked me if I had climbed up a power line and cut down the cables, the cables are that big!

6. #31 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Dave's Nurse Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Staff
    Well, we made it back from GSW in one piece. No problems at all with Trixy. Didn't really push it too much but I think I decent enough job of putting her through her paces on Poison Spider.

The locker worked Fantabulously. Didn't have any problems any where. I could actually hear it working.

Definately glad I had Kevin's sliders on there. Since I don't have a whole lot of lift right now, I used the sliders quite a few times on some ledges.

And I smacked my front diff cover from Rockcrusher good and hard. Still there, still purple too. Even though Matt kept threatening to paint it gold.

I'll get pictures up and more details soon. Right now, I just want food and relaxation!
    ~Pam -

"Pressure - it can turn a lump of coal into a flawless diamond - or an average person into a perfect basket case"

7. #32 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Staff
    Glad trixie didn't give you to many issues.

Lube it or Loose it!

8. #33 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Looks good so far

9. #34 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Dave's Nurse Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Staff
    Hmm...okay, not really build related but I'm gonna pat myself on the back and you boys can laugh at me.

So in October, the driver side window regulator busted. One of the plastic pieces cracked and the front part of my driver side front window fell into the door. Crap...

So, months later I finally get a new regulator (thanks babe!) and I'm thinking I'll have Cory install it. Well, I'm bored on Friday night so I start pulling my door apart and figure, hell, I should be able to figure this out. Damn is that a PITA job but, three hours later, I have a functioning window!!!

yes this excites me. Do you know how much of a pain in the arse it is to never be able to go through a drive though???

Okay...sorry this isn't more interesting or build related but I had to share my excitement.

Oh for those following along, it probably wont be this summer but the lift is coming...as soon as fundage allows. That and new tires. Cuz I pretty much tore apart my exhaust last summer. Busted the guts of the cat to pieces and tore all the mounts on the tail pipe. That was a fun noise to deal with for a while.
    Last edited by Bustin' Loose; 05-21-2007 at 11:42 PM.
    ~Pam -

"Pressure - it can turn a lump of coal into a flawless diamond - or an average person into a perfect basket case"

10. #35 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    Cool I am going to bring my WJ over for you to fix the regulator on the passenger side.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

11. #36 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Pam, you get that cat fixed yet? I never realized how important it was until my engine couldn't breathe on the highway and I couldn't go more than 45. Pulled the cat out and the whole insides were broken out. After I got the new one in I gained, I shit you not, 7MPG and a considerable amount of horsepower.
    Poetry in commotion.

12. #37 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Quote Originally Posted by Bustin' Loose View Post
    Do you know how much of a pain in the arse it is to never be able to go through a drive though???

go through backwards!!!
    power windows yeeeaaahhhh.
    lmfao

13. #38 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    When I first got the tint on my front windows I couldn't roll them down for a few days, I just used the rear driver window and leaned back and stuck my head out there.

14. #39 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideTireZJ View Post
    Pam, you get that cat fixed yet? I never realized how important it was until my engine couldn't breathe on the highway and I couldn't go more than 45. Pulled the cat out and the whole insides were broken out. After I got the new one in I gained, I shit you not, 7MPG and a considerable amount of horsepower.
    We put a cat n' back exhaust on there last summer, it's got a nice little grumble to it now!

15. #40 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaveZJ View Post
    We put a cat n' back exhaust on there last summer, it's got a nice little grumble to it now!
    Yeah I noticed a slightly deeper exhaust note since I put mine on, even with the stock muffler.

FWIW we used to go through the drive-throughs backwards in high school all the time, just for kicks. Ended up being banned from the local Wendy's because of it!
    Poetry in commotion.

16. #41 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    So Trixy had a rough day out there yesterday . . . .

Slashed the sidewall on an MT/R and developed a severe case of DW because the frame side joint on the front trackbar isn't in the best of shape anymore. There were plans for a major suspension revamp over the winter using some new parts, and some of my old parts, and some of that just got pushed up with the quickness.

I'm ordering up a trackbar conversion from Kevin, and then going to get some 265/75R16's BFG AT/KO's later today. We'll have some minor rubbage to take care of, cuz for some reason Pam's ZJ with a BB sits just a hair higher than a stock ZJ. But that just makes it more fun!

We'll get some pics of the carnage and the new shoes up pretty soon.

17. #42 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Your ZJ's have been getting well fed lately.

If you need a hand, let me know.
    Project Never-ending
    1997 ZJ - sold
    www.tntcustoms.com

18. #43 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    We just ordered up a new set of battery cables from Jeepers and Creepers. Pam's cables were showing some signs of corrosion, so we're going to replace her battery with a gel cell and slap on these cables. I've been running the Jeepers and Creepers cables on my ZJ for almost 4 years now and LOVE them. Super thick 2/0 gauge wire to the starter, and I think 4 guage to the power distribution center. The clamps are also quite beefy too, and much easier to add accessories to than the stock setup. The price is pretty dang good on these too. When I got mine, I was working at a Jeep dealership at the time, wholesale COST on the factory cable setup was about the same as the Jeepers and Creepers and setup. Kind of a no brainer eh?

We'll have pics up as soon as we can get them. With getting both rigs ready for Moab in less than a week, I'm not even sure we can get the cables installed before we leave, but I hope so!
    I was getting ready to order a set of these cables and noticed that they want mesurments of all the cables. you dont still have your mesurments do you??

19. #44 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Nope, sorry!!

20. #45 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    positive cable is 40 inches long and negative is 30 inches i believe
    This person should be taken as seriously as a heart attack while piloting a zeppelin over a bacon factory, which is the most serious of heart attacks, because if that zeppelin crashes into that bacon factory all of us will be without bacon and that simply will not do.

21. #46 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    So Trixy hasn't been up to much outside of her DD duties lately. Hopefully that'll change soon. Uncle Sam is repaying some of his interest free loan we gave him her soon, and we think we're gonna use some of that to buy some new shocks and coils, get her up off the ground a little bit.

We've got my old RE adjustable control arms that we're gonna use, get some new RE coils and shocks, and use my old JKS rear trackbar as well.

Should work pretty well for us as a mild wheeler/DD/camping rig. It'll be paid off in a little over a year, and then when Pam gets another DD the fun can really begin!

22. #47 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Trixy's been throwing a P0420 code lately, and the cat's relatively new so today we changed the plugs on her. WOW. Those needed to be a changed in a major way. Gap was WAAAAAAAY off and most of the plugs didn't look so hot. Nothing too major, but no way in hell would I put them back in. We changed the air filter too, still need to get the new intake tube for the K&N Pam bough, oh almost 3 years ago, that's been sitting in the garage. But for the mean time we put a new drop-in filter in and Pam says it's running a LOT better and the CEL is gone, so that's good.

23. #48 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Trixy's been throwing a P0420 code lately, and the cat's relatively new so today we changed the plugs on her. WOW. Those needed to be a changed in a major way. Gap was WAAAAAAAY off and most of the plugs didn't look so hot. Nothing too major, but no way in hell would I put them back in. We changed the air filter too, still need to get the new intake tube for the K&N Pam bough, oh almost 3 years ago, that's been sitting in the garage. But for the mean time we put a new drop-in filter in and Pam says it's running a LOT better and the CEL is gone, so that's good.
    WOW! I have been sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for that update!

Glad it is running better but I think it is time to really start abusing the MC project Jeep.
    04 Dub -- Longarms, JK44, 9" ARB's etc.
    68 Super Wagoneer - Resto Project
    93 ZJ: longarms, 231D, 35's, 44/Hi 9", ARB's, etc. -- Sold

24. #49 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jsteves View Post
    Glad it is running better but I think it is time to really start abusing the MC project Jeep.
    We're about a year out from it being paid off and retired as a DD, and then it will definitely get abused!! And maybe even wheeled again!

25. #50 Re: Project : Trixy the Official MallCrawlin Project Vehicle 
    Eh, it'll just end up like mine... parked by the curb.. FOREVER I used it about 3 months ago to go to the store to get some parts for the truck, that was the last time I moved it.
    03 Subaru WRX
    98 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD
    98 Jeep ZJ
    95 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Thread Information