Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

"Fabricated" updated 8/26/08 new paint/wheelin pics - Page 2

Thread: "Fabricated" updated 8/26/08 new paint/wheelin pics

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. #26 Re: Fabricated 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    Herculiner looks good, but let's talk about running gear ration's that far off... I don't care if you're offroad, eventually, you'll get on the rocks or other surface in such a position that you'll have enough traction for that to bind up your whole driveline. It's just a bad idea.

But as far as 30's and HP30's go - DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. I should've listened to all the bastards telling me that, but I didn't. I have an HP30 with a warn hub conversion, 4340 inners AND outers with full circle clips and welded caps. On top of that, I have a full detroit locker and spicer ball joints.

Any guesses as to what I blew this year? THE DETROIT LOCKER AND THE BALL JOINTS!

Those are two things you just can't get stronger than. The problem is the size of the axle, there's just not enough room to get more beef in there.

HP60 front and 14 bolt rear, here I come!

2. #27 Re: Fabricated 
    how about a HP44 or just a 44 front and 8.8 rear? would that be strong enough for 36" iroks ( thats the biggest tire I want on this vehicle) and still be able to wheel? I can get a pretty good deal on highboy front HP44's or even better deal on waggy d44's, but I was told that a built d30 was just as strong as a d44. This is going to be my DD and my weekend worrior, and just my fishing camping rig, I will build somthing with a frame for a hardcore rig, I really wanna do full width 60/70 and 38's, I would spend that time on like a YJ or somthing
    8" RK/ Acos lift, rancho rs9000x shocks 32" extended, Claytons Longarms, with 38X12.5 TSLs, Custom Rear bumper, custom front bumper, Waggy D44 front 4.56's and Detroit locker with warn premium hubs and yukon alloys and 8 lug conversion, D70 out back with 4.56's and Welded, 242 transfer case, 1 Ton steering setup. Rhino lined interior, olive drab exterior, and PSC 1.75" hydro assist ram.

3. #28 Re: Fabricated 
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ

HP60 front and 14 bolt rear, here I come!
    Agreed entirely on the d30 being a waste. Just curious though, why are you leaning towards the 14b rather than the 60? We were able to snag a full float 60 from a yard here for $85. It's way lighter, and it has much lower gear ratios available.

4. #29 Re: Fabricated 
    Senior Member GSSW Planner chadjans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ
    Agreed entirely on the d30 being a waste. Just curious though, why are you leaning towards the 14b rather than the 60? We were able to snag a full float 60 from a yard here for $85. It's way lighter, and it has much lower gear ratios available.
    14 bolt is much cooler. Supported pinon gear and two piece carrier. Much uber cool. The D60 rear is weak anyways. If you dana do a 70.

5. #30 Re: Fabricated 
    Herculiner is cool, but the jackstands/blocks scare me.
    ZJ 5.2 V8
    XJ 4.0 I6

6. #31 Re: Fabricated 
    Quote Originally Posted by 97trxuszj
    how about a HP44 or just a 44 front and 8.8 rear? would that be strong enough for 36" iroks ( thats the biggest tire I want on this vehicle) and still be able to wheel? I can get a pretty good deal on highboy front HP44's or even better deal on waggy d44's, but I was told that a built d30 was just as strong as a d44. This is going to be my DD and my weekend worrior, and just my fishing camping rig, I will build somthing with a frame for a hardcore rig, I really wanna do full width 60/70 and 38's, I would spend that time on like a YJ or somthing

an hp44 is going to be too wide in the front (65"-67" depending on what outers you use, 8.8 ~58")...I would just go with waggy 44's f/r...they are super cheap and pretty easy to find
    -Jonathan Braswell
    93' 4.0
    bolt-on BS

hp44/60 in progress

7. #32 Re: Fabricated 
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ
    And it only has 30 spline shafts. Look into the cost of upgrading that to 35 splines, and you'll be building yourself a 14 bolt too

I'm only running 4.56 gears with my 40's, but will have 3.8:1 or lower in the tcase.

8. #33 Re: Fabricated 
    so you don't have to narrow a waggy front d44? and would a D44 front and rear or a d44 and 8.8 hold up tot the abuse of a lead foot and 36" iroks?
    8" RK/ Acos lift, rancho rs9000x shocks 32" extended, Claytons Longarms, with 38X12.5 TSLs, Custom Rear bumper, custom front bumper, Waggy D44 front 4.56's and Detroit locker with warn premium hubs and yukon alloys and 8 lug conversion, D70 out back with 4.56's and Welded, 242 transfer case, 1 Ton steering setup. Rhino lined interior, olive drab exterior, and PSC 1.75" hydro assist ram.

9. #34 Re: Fabricated 
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue-Ball
    Herculiner came out cool.

Yeah it did. I'm doing mine the same way hopefully sometime in the near future.
    Poetry in commotion.

10. #35 Re: Fabricated 
    what years should I look for a waggy 44 out of? any things to look out for?

11. #36 Re: Fabricated 
    after pricing everything out getting quotes on gears lockers etc. I am going to just finish building my HP30 back to how it was and I am swapping in a d44 with 4.56's and detroit out of an XJ, with claytons, eventually I will sell the HP30 to someone and get a D44 front and then iroks. thenI will be building a YJ or an older CJ-7, just somthing without a unibody

12. #37 Re: Fabricated 

13. #38 Re: Fabricated 
    thanks I thought I deserved one, got a glass of milk for that

14. #39 Re: Fabricated 
    Got a pic of the front fenders trimmed for the 36" iroks, well see I may have to cut more out up here

15. #40 Re: Fabricated 
    Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    those are gonna be some HEAVY tires for a D30. Just ask BadZJ999
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

16. #41 Re: Fabricated 
    badzj999 is running TSL's iroks are alot lighter than those, and there are plenty of people runnign 36's or even bigger on stock d30s, I'll have an ARB and alloys well see how she holds after I blow a R&P I'll swap to a waggy 44

17. #42 Re: Fabricated 
    You call that trimming. With your narrow d30 you will need to trim way more than that.

Got a pic of the front fenders trimmed for the 36" iroks, well see I may have to cut more out up here

18. #43 Re: Fabricated 
    Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chadjans
    You call that trimming. With your narrow d30 you will need to trim way more than that.
    you're all over this guy, out comes the grumpy 40 year old in Chad, right Kris?
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

19. #44 Re: Fabricated 
    well after I fit these tires on i will see how much more i need to trim

20. #45 Re: Fabricated 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    badzj999 is running TSL's iroks are alot lighter than those, and there are plenty of people runnign 36's or even bigger on stock d30s, I'll have an ARB and alloys well see how she holds after I blow a R&P I'll swap to a waggy 44
    Please don't waste the time or money in building a waggy 44, even if it was free it would be worthless, there is no gain. Also, most people running 36's on a 30 are yj and tj guys...no v8 and lighter rigs. Otherwise, I like it.

21. #46 Re: Fabricated 
    the IROKS are here:

I will be alot better on the gas this time around, last time it was all gas and no brain. I think my HP30 with ARB 4.56's and alloy shfts should turn these monsters ok.

22. #47 Re: Fabricated 
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma297
    you're all over this guy, out comes the grumpy 40 year old in Chad, right Kris?

23. #48 Re: Fabricated 
    Quote Originally Posted by jsteves
    Please don't waste the time or money in building a waggy 44, even if it was free it would be worthless, there is no gain. Also, most people running 36's on a 30 are yj and tj guys...no v8 and lighter rigs. Otherwise, I like it.
    I wouldn't build a Waggy 44 either... Wait, I did. But I wouldn't do it again. I also wouldn't build a zj if I planned ahead, but oh well....

24. #49 Re: Fabricated 
    I got the tires mounted yesterday, they measured 11- 11.5" wide before mounted, now they are around 14" if not a hair bigger wide, and about 36.5" tall, they are balloons, on a 15x8 rim. here are some pics of them sitting under the fenders shows you how much I need to trim

25. #50 Re: Fabricated 
    I have sence changed my plans, I bought TranceZJ's front 44 I am gonna be running 44's front and rear with full detroits, alloys and CTM's, with my claytons LA and 36" iroks, lets me know your thoughts on this setup

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Thread Information