Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

"Fabricated" updated 8/26/08 new paint/wheelin pics

Thread: "Fabricated" updated 8/26/08 new paint/wheelin pics

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. #1 "Fabricated" updated 8/26/08 new paint/wheelin pics 
    I Have a 1997 Laredo with the 5.2L and black leather. It had a buget boost and 31" all terrains when I bought it, I changed that as quick as I could. I bought RE 4.5" coils and arms and some 31" TRxus MT's. Then needed to upgrade to bigger tires which is when I got my 34" swamper LTB's. I will not bore you with stock pics and a pic of a BB and 31" all terrains, you all know what that looks like. here are some of the recent pictures.

I have JKS quick disco's, ARB front bumper, custom rear bumper with tire carrier I made, sliders still being finished I made, a HP30 front axle swap with detroit EZ- locker, a 242 Transfer Case, KOR's roof rack, 100 Watt aircraft landing lights, custom made LED rear tail lights, black rockcrawler rims, stripped interior and rhino lined, custom rear storage box for recovery gear, 4" utility lights cut into ARB instead of amber turn lights, LED running lights on the side of the ARB bumper, ARB bumper trimmed for 35's, inner fender well up front all excess metal cut out and beaten over so it doesn't rub on my tires. if I forgot anything I will update soon, also some off road pics will be added as I got only poser shots for now, all others are on my other comuter.

8" RK/ Acos lift, rancho rs9000x shocks 32" extended, Claytons Longarms, with 38X12.5 TSLs, Custom Rear bumper, custom front bumper, Waggy D44 front 4.56's and Detroit locker with warn premium hubs and yukon alloys and 8 lug conversion, D70 out back with 4.56's and Welded, 242 transfer case, 1 Ton steering setup. Rhino lined interior, olive drab exterior, and PSC 1.75" hydro assist ram.

2. #2 Re: Fabricated 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    parking lot pics = ghey

Get it on the trail!

3. #3 Re: Fabricated 
    The Oil Dude MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    I like the way you did the lights in the ARB, way cool.

The rear bumper turned out good also.

Now get out on the trail!!!!!
    Your #1 Source for Amsoil Lubricants

Lube it or Loose it!

4. #4 Re: Fabricated 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter TrojanMan's Avatar
    not a fan of the tail lights, but everything else looks nice
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ
    This thread proves that wheeling is better than the internet.
    Weavsworld: i dont know shit about MC, i just make it work

5. #5 Re: Fabricated 
    yea I was on my new computer all my trail pics are one the other one don't think its a parking lot queen lol, well once I egt a chance I will upload some new pics hopefully this weekend I get some wheelin in to, gotta get those sliders hit on somthing. last few times I can't seem to land on anything, but if I didn't have them I would have landing on everything
    8" RK/ Acos lift, rancho rs9000x shocks 32" extended, Claytons Longarms, with 38X12.5 TSLs, Custom Rear bumper, custom front bumper, Waggy D44 front 4.56's and Detroit locker with warn premium hubs and yukon alloys and 8 lug conversion, D70 out back with 4.56's and Welded, 242 transfer case, 1 Ton steering setup. Rhino lined interior, olive drab exterior, and PSC 1.75" hydro assist ram.

6. #6 Re: Fabricated 
    I <3 your tail lights, haha... fill us in on them! great lookin ZJ overall.. props
    --Brandon
    <><

7. #7 Re: Fabricated 
    I just wholesawed out the stock lense and added leds and built up the area around it with bondo and undercoated them

8. #8 Re: Fabricated 
    i'm interested in how you did the rear lights. more info??

9. #9 Re: Fabricated 
    I told you in the above post

10. #10 Re: Fabricated 
    well for those of you who don't know dana 30 axles suck, I have 297 jointed shafts ( non 4340) and a Ez-locker, well I went on a pretty nasty trail run today and half way up the first trail I broke a inner shaft u joint blew right out, had a replacement swapped them was on the trail again so I was 3/4 of the way done and broke the other side. this time my spare shaft was in anothe rig. and i also fucked up my ez-locker. also a guy had a HP30 and 4.56 R&P and a detroit and 4340 chrome-alloy shafts and OX joints and he never broke a axle shaft but snapped his pinion. Just wanted to vent about this trip, I will more than likley be doing a HP44 front swap and a d44 cast rear setup. I also bent the shit out of my front steering setup right at the steering stablizer mount. I will post pics of all my body damage later tonight

11. #11 Re: Fabricated 
    here are about 9 or 10 pics:

12. #12 Re: Fabricated 
    I would have taking pictures in action but we had a line of jeep about 15 long and when I kept breaking shit I had to pull off and fix it so there was no time next time I will

13. #13 Re: Fabricated 
    Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 97trxuszj
    well for those of you who don't know dana 30 axles suck, I have 297 jointed shafts ( non 4340) and a Ez-locker, well I went on a pretty nasty trail run today and half way up the first trail I broke a inner shaft u joint blew right out, had a replacement swapped them was on the trail again so I was 3/4 of the way done and broke the other side. this time my spare shaft was in anothe rig. and i also fucked up my ez-locker. also a guy had a HP30 and 4.56 R&P and a detroit and 4340 chrome-alloy shafts and OX joints and he never broke a axle shaft but snapped his pinion. Just wanted to vent about this trip, I will more than likley be doing a HP44 front swap and a d44 cast rear setup. I also bent the shit out of my front steering setup right at the steering stablizer mount. I will post pics of all my body damage later tonight
    I may be wrong but from what I understand the HP44 is not that much stronger than the 30, especially if it is built like the one the other guy had. I think the general opinion is that if you are thinking of going 44 then you should just bite the bullet and go with a 60. I know that is what Kraqa is going to be doing.

I am planning on swapping in an HP30/8.8 shortly for the time being then I will be saving up for either full width 60/14bolt or 60/60.

Lube it or Loose it!

14. #14 Re: Fabricated 
    Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    I'm glad a got my HP30 all bolted together this weekend. I'm glad I wasted so much time and money on it for it to break like a toothpick. What was i thinking?

15. #15 Re: Fabricated 
    what axle would you recomend? I don't really need a 60, but if its worth it to just do a 60 I might. but I can get a HP44 out of a ford for cheap, along with a D44 out of an XJ cheap, a 60 and 14 bolt a little out of my leauge right now. I don't know if I wanna go full widths, the trails here are tight small for jeeps.

16. #16 Re: Fabricated 
    or do you think I should build up the 30 with 4340 shaft ox joints , detroit and 4.56's? then save for a 44 or 60? or should I bite the bullet as said and build a 60?

17. #17 Re: Fabricated 
    Staff
    You do not have to go full width. The front 60 is the pricey one the 14bolts are cheap and cheap to build.

I have actually seen some good deals on ebay for 60/14b pairs for like $2500 +/-.

If I had not already spent the money and time I have on my HP30 I would ditch it and go with a 60 (but that is just me). My build up is taking so long right now I just can't afford to change directions so I am going to finish the HP30/8.8 swap with the long arms and then keep my eyes open for a front 60 and then go from there. Most likely will do a 60/14b as the 14b is SOOO cheap to build. Around here they are like $100 then gears and lockers are another $300 +/- and then the brackets and your done. I will have the stock D30/35 axles after my swap and will cut off the brackets and toss the rest of the axles but keep the brackets for my full width build up.

If you are going to keep the 30 build it up with 4340's and all that and you should be pretty good.

Lube it or Loose it!

18. #18 Re: Fabricated 
    Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    do you think those broken shafts have anything to do with running 3.73's in the rear and 3.55's in the front? just a thought.

19. #19 Re: Fabricated 
    Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma297
    do you think those broken shafts have anything to do with running 3.73's in the rear and 3.55's in the front? just a thought.
    I must have missed that. You can't run different gears

Lube it or Loose it!

20. #20 Re: Fabricated 
    lol, I havn't had a problm with the diffrent gear ratio, my buddy used to run 4.56 gears rear and 4.10 up front and thats when his started to get kinda weird, mine is just fine if I am in dirt and not on the road for a long time in 4wd

21. #21 Re: Fabricated 
    Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 97trxuszj
    lol, I havn't had a problm with the diffrent gear ratio, my buddy used to run 4.56 gears rear and 4.10 up front and thats when his started to get kinda weird, mine is just fine if I am in dirt and not on the road for a long time in 4wd
    Maybe I am missing something but what's the point in running different gears?

Lube it or Loose it!

22. #22 Re: Fabricated 
    not having money to regear both axles so leaving them the way they are when installed and wanting to wheel

23. #23 Re: Fabricated 
    where can I order 4340 inner and outer shafts that are 30 spline, with 760 joints, and will fit in a 89 HP30?I looked all over and no one has 30 splines with 760's for a non disconect 89 HP30. What lockers do they offer for the dana 30 in 30 splines besides the detroit EZ-LOCKER, and an ARB? I will also be doing 1 ton steering, 4.56's, and trussing the turd. I can do most of the work my self, all the welding and such to truss I can do free at work, my buddy does gears, so labor is cheap. like said above a built HP30 is the same strength as a stock 44. to buy a 44 and build it up and get brackets and everything with alloy shafts blah blah blah, would be more $$$ and labor. I figure I can always polish this turd and if I want to run a 44 or 60 later I can always sell it, people starting would love a built HP30.

24. #24 Re: Fabricated 
    Well I have it up on stands stripped, waiting on Clayton's Long arms to arrive, I am swapping in an 8.8 with 4.56's, and ARB locker, and adding 4.56's tot he front with possible ARB locker.took off all the plastic molding and ground off the little mounting tabs and herculinered the doors.

25. #25 Re: Fabricated 
    Staff
    Herculiner came out cool.

Lube it or Loose it!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Thread Information