Thread: Currie HD Steering

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: Currie HD Steering 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Colorado 5.9's Avatar
    That's the one. I'll never figure out why they don't list the ZJ either.

http://www.currieenterprises.com/ces...t.aspx?id=1219
    Last edited by Colorado 5.9; 02-11-2007 at 09:14 PM.
    98ZJ 5.9, 7" T&T's Long arm kit with belly pan,frame stiffeners,trusses front & rear. 35X12.50 16 BFG KM2's.4.56 Gears, Trail Ready Rear Bumper,Arbed HP D30 Aussie locked rear,ect.ect. Latest 5.9 Pics.

2. #27 Re: Currie HD Steering 
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaveZJ View Post
    MSRP is $399.99. I think Summit had it for $349.
    not anymore summit = $399.99
    95 ZJ | Clayton 6" | 8.8 | HP30 | 4.88s | Aussie F/R | 242 SYE | 35 MTZs

Paragon ♠ Tellico ◊ Big Dogs ♣ Rausch Creek ♥ Moab ♠ Rubicon

3. #28 Re: Currie HD Steering 
    I have had the Currie setup for about 3 months. Its definitely beefier, however I notice that being larger diameter it hits on the track bar bolt. The loud pop of one bolt head hitting another always makes me think something has broke and I'm fucked on the trail. The only thing I can see to do is move the axle end track bar mount. Another project for another day.

4. #29 Re: Currie HD Steering 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    After being so happy with my Currie setup, we have ordered another one for Pam's ZJ from the guys at Kevin's Off-Road as well as one of their Hard-KOR steering stablizers. I knew it'd only be a matter of time before the stock steering system wore out on Trixie, and that time is upon us! Looking forward to getting the steering tightened up as Trixie still has to serve DD duties until we can find the room to park another vehicle.

5. #30 Re: Currie HD Steering 
    Anyone know the minimum lift required to run the Currie setup? I was told by Nick (aka Kolak), that the Currie would not work w/ 3" lift because the draglink would be too long. But the pics look like the Currie draglink is shorter than the OEM one.

6. #31 Re: Currie HD Steering 
    Quote Originally Posted by johnand View Post
    Anyone know the minimum lift required to run the Currie setup? I was told by Nick (aka Kolak), that the Currie would not work w/ 3" lift because the draglink would be too long. But the pics look like the Currie draglink is shorter than the OEM one.
    According to Currie this kit is a stock replacement good for up to 4" lift. My build thread has some pictures of this system layed out next to the stock V8 system. Worked great for me at 3 1/2" lift and is still working great at 5 1/2".

7. #32 Re: Currie HD Steering 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter ZJ TINS's Avatar
    For grease i have been buying the most expensive stuff stocked when ever i go in. The theory here is in grease, there does not seem to be any ripoff artists so in this case expensive means better. This is something I never do with anything else due to the hype factor. But grease is used so little it does not cost much in the scheme of things. Been doign this for a long time and once i put a new joint and follow this service i have never replaced it.

Redline is the lastest stuff I found locally, around $10 a tube vs $3-$5 and lasts 1-2 years.
    Last edited by ZJ TINS; 01-25-2010 at 05:31 PM.
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”- George Mason
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
    “The great object is that every man be armed.” -Patrick Henry

8. #33 Re: Currie HD Steering 
    Bringing this thread back to the top. I'm getting ready to order a trackbar and the Currie HD steering, and I have 6.5" springs. Is that too much for this set up?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information