Thread: dana 300

1. #1 dana 300 
    anyone know the input shaft spline count and lenth of the CJ dana 300 ??

looking to swap one into the wj without the flip kit and running a chevy kp d60. Is it adaptable to the 45RFE?????
    99 WJ, D60/14B, 5.38s, 203/D300, 39.5"s, H1s

It was a jeep thing, but that shit broke

2. #2 Re: dana 300 
    Spline count is still 23. The front bearing retainer is really different from say a 231 or 242/ 247 so that might make things interesting. But in the end I don't think the input shaft is long enogh to fit a 45RFE.
    Would take pics but I just sold my project Dana300 on the weekend.

I think a pass. side t-case would be a real bitch to fit in because of exhaust and such.
    Search for speedmontzj he had a heck of a time fitting a D300 in his ZJ.
    Just wait and buy the Stak replace-a-case. Life would be much easier.

JMO

SLO
    2K WJ 4.0L, 242, Rockcrusher60 front, Prorock60 rear 39.5" IROKS, Bold Bumper and Rocky Mountain Pinstriping

3. #3 Re: dana 300 
    Quote Originally Posted by adam99wj View Post
    anyone know the input shaft spline count and lenth of the CJ dana 300 ??

looking to swap one into the wj without the flip kit and running a chevy kp d60. Is it adaptable to the 45RFE?????
    If I remember correctly, the length protruding from the stock bearing retainer is close to 5/8ths of an inch. I milled down my bearing retainer to the flat step and replaced the bearing with a double sealed unit since the stock seal area was milled off.

4. #4 Re: dana 300 
    yeah there is some mods you will have to do to make it fit. i machined the retainer down and turned down the input shaft for a different seal location and used a double sealed bearing. i still have my drawing and measurments i can get for you if you want me to dig them up, just let me know. i prob have some pics somewhere too.
    "Intelligence is a burden that only the truly ignorant are willing to bear" B. Franklin

5. #5 Re: dana 300 
    kool, any info would be great

6. #6 Re: dana 300 
    anyone??

7. #7 Re: dana 300 
    my pictures i have of that are on imageshack and i dont remember my password. i have a notebook with all the stuff in it at home i will check out the drawings and get my password when i get home. i think i cut like 7/8ths off the outside, maybe 3mm on the inside of the retainer and maybe 1 mm off the shaft. i ordered a couple of seals (6 to be exact)to fit on the inside of the retainer before the bearing. i still have a couple left if you decide to do it this way i could prob ship you. they only cost like $4 each. i also used a go2guy clocking ring to clear the trans output. aa makes a thicker clocking ring or adapter that will workwithout all the mods to the bearing retainer( i wish that would have been out at the time i was installing mine). they biggest problem is getting enough clearence for the tcase in the cab for pass drop. you have to cut a big hole to get the t case to sit flat and have room for the shift levers and front driveshaft. sorry if thats running together i am only in the office for a minute.
    "Intelligence is a burden that only the truly ignorant are willing to bear" B. Franklin

Thread Information