Thread: Bill Moore Lake August 6th

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So....looks like I didn't get called to come rescue anyone. I take it it went good?

Corey

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Colorado 5.9's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JpRngr
    So....looks like I didn't get called to come rescue anyone. I take it it went good?

Corey

Not quite. At least with me. After doing Bill Moore & we got to the Trail head of S.C. I found that I had no steering at Idle. If I bumped up the RPM's just a tad it would come back. I don't yet really know why other than I think I was just too damn hot. I didn't do S.C. I just came back home not knowing what was up. Also that DAMN poping came back 2/3rds the way down Bill More. I was really getting bad.

After letting the thing cool off for 4 hours this evening I pulled the track bar bracket & track bar. Everything looks good. Welds and all. This is what I can see with the powder coat on there. Even the bushings on the track bar. Hell there was no wear to them at all. Even after 3 years.

It looked as if the bracket has been sliding side to side a bit though. I cleaned everything up, painted the bracket & torqued the bracket bolts to 90ftlbs per Kevins Instructions. No poping so far.

Then I started the jeep up. Steering is back to normal. Very easy at Idle again. I guess I'm just going to install a cooler for it. Scott Mueller has a good writeup I'll follow. While I'm at it I might as well do the tranny cooler too.

http://www.kevinsjeepparts.com/techa...ingcooler.html

As late as it is (1:13) & no word on what happened the rest of the day I kinda think something went wrong. There could have been a very long wait up there. Seems allot of other people were going up besides our group.
    98ZJ 5.9, 7" T&T's Long arm kit with belly pan,frame stiffeners,trusses front & rear. 35X12.50 16 BFG KM2's.4.56 Gears, Trail Ready Rear Bumper,Arbed HP D30 Aussie locked rear,ect.ect. Latest 5.9 Pics.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Everything went fine, just a long day. No major carnage, I think I knocked a rock light loose and Pam kissed her rockers a couple times on Spring Creek. Few of the other guy had some minor issues, but no major damage to anybody. It was just a long ass day, I can't even figure out how many rigs we had on the trail, we started with 11 but I know we ended up with way more than that.

I did have a nice encounter with a CSP Trooper on my way home though, nice little $18.60 ticket for the uber bling purple neon license plate frame.

That was one very long day. Had a blast and got to meet some really nice people. Glad to hear your steering problem wasn't anything major.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Colorado 5.9's Avatar
    Me too! At least so far it isn't. Since everything seemed to be back to normal after it cooled down. Over heating is the only thing I can think of. I think it was AprilzWarrior or maybe GoingOffRoading said the stock pump is inadequate for the PSC 621mr. Maybe that's why. Once it get's to a certain temp, it can't pump at well at idle.
    98ZJ 5.9, 7" T&T's Long arm kit with belly pan,frame stiffeners,trusses front & rear. 35X12.50 16 BFG KM2's.4.56 Gears, Trail Ready Rear Bumper,Arbed HP D30 Aussie locked rear,ect.ect. Latest 5.9 Pics.

We had 13 total on SC, when Mike was able to get his CJ2a running. I was actually amazed at how fast we got through Spring Creek. I was thinking 2-3 hours min. on the rock garden, but everyone made it through ok. Camping was fun, although some IDIOT came through and trashed the cabin, broke a couple shutter and tore down cabinets for fire wood. I'm getting some supplies today and taking the kayak up to Loch Lomond and then off to go fix up the cabin.

Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner JohnBoulderCO's Avatar
    Long day but fun.

Mike got a love tap going up Winch Hill. The only one that had issues with it. Maybe those MT's are old and hard don't stick anymore.
    WJ, 4.7, Clayton's Front, Double Triangulated Rear, 231HD, HP44, 8.8, ARBs, TR Bumpers, Hydro Assist, 35's, Cage
    Lambo Doors - tweaked unibody
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8532

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information