Thread: Best wheeling trip ever!

1. #1 Best wheeling trip ever! 
    WOW! I'm still trying to catch my breath and calm down from the excitement! This entire trip went way beyond my expectations and the 2800 mile round trip at 7 mpg was well worth it.

There's so much that I was impressed with i don't even know where to start...so i'll just babble as usual and mention a few things.

The organization was incredible...everyone who pitched in with that did an awesome job...you guys have really got it together.

The scenery was by far the most beautiful landscape I have ever seen in my entire life...it's like being in an entirely different world. The pictures do not come anywhere close to doing justice to this place...it's just something you have to see to believe.

The town of Moab itself is just really cool to be in...it's like being in a college town where you know half the people you pass by on the streets. It's just a really neat little town that you have to visit to appreciate. All of the locals are friendly as can be and seem to be very supportive of having us there as their guests. Even the hotel desk clerks are way friendlier than any I've ever met (not to mention good looking!)

Meeting everyone and finally putting faces on all these screen-names was an experience in itself. It's crazy how people who've never met can come together and seem like best friends for a weekend. There's a lot of people I met that I didn't have the opportunity to wheel with, but hopefully next year I can run some different trails and get to know those people as well. It was also really cool to see everyone so enthused in the recovery effort of Mike's jeep...that was an awesome display of how jeepers should help each other out. We all put in a huge effort and accomplished something that seemed impossible...and I'm sure it's something that Mike and Kelly won't soon forget.

There's so much more stuff that I was impressed with I could go on and on, but instead I'll stop there and just say thanks to a few people in particular:

-Pam and Dave for opening their house (hotel mallcrawlin) to all of us.

-Cody for being an awesome spotter and keeping me from tumbling several hundred feet to my death; and for helping limp the Trashcan off the trail on Saturday.

-Mike for being our tour guide on Sunday on our trip to Canyonlands national park...that place had even more incredible scenery than Moab! (Since both of our rigs were trashed on Saturday, Mike, Kelly, Geoff and I rented two TJ's and took our own little trip on Sunday)

-Hunter and Sandy for giving me the small parts I needed Saturday morning.

-Kevin, Adam, and Cody for letting us party at their condo.

-ALL of the organizers...this was by far the best organized wheeling trip I've ever attended!

I'm sure i forgot to mention all sorts of stuff, but ya'll at least get the point that I had an absolutely awesome time and I appreciate everyone's efforts that made this event possible. I had so much fun I could care less that I broke my jeep...I still got to wheel all 3 days and I can at least say I broke my rig in MOAB!

Dave's Nurse Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Staff
    Well said.

It was one hell of a weekend and I can't wait for next year when I can bust my own shit in Moab.

And Ron, Hotel MC was a blast. You are all welcome to krash at our place anytime. Just bring the WD-40 next time
    ~Pam -

"Pressure - it can turn a lump of coal into a flawless diamond - or an average person into a perfect basket case"

Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    ahh blow your load fantastic.

I also want to thank Dave and Pam. and Matt for picking me up.

i don't wana hijack Rons thread so i'l keep it short.

i already have my jeep ready to wheel next weekend. i can't wait after GSW i'm going crazy.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

Senior Member GSSW Planner chadjans's Avatar
    Don't want to steel Ron's thunder but thanks Dave for the sticker....

Chad

Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    werd...

see you next year, maybe i'll be a little more helpful.

Thread Information