Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
carnage list - Page 2

Thread: carnage list

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dave's Nurse Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1
    LoseranaZJs idea of a good time is the RE tool, astrolube and a raccoon.

Hunter
    At least Dave idea of a good time inclueds the Bra and panties

And Hunter, I'm glad you were spared the moment of confusion that Dave had when he found the tag in question, turned to me and said, "Babe, wonder how this got in here?"
    ~Pam -

"Pressure - it can turn a lump of coal into a flawless diamond - or an average person into a perfect basket case"

I'm just glad he saw me leave my room and walk across the parking lot to your side before he found the tag. Dave might have put the Puma on me.

Hunter
    04 4.7 HO limited
    04 4.7 HO Overland
    00 4.7 with no lift or mods (RIP)
    94 5.9 with lift and mods (sold)

I think I actually straightened some thing out on mine. It's been driving smoother than before the trip. betta knock on wood huh...

Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    I'm just glad he saw me leave my room and walk across the parking lot to your side before he found the tag. Dave might have put the Puma on me.

Hunter
    raaarr!!!

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin

Hunter
    I didn't even find it til we got back home!

Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    Well smiley took some early carnage and but still holding himself in place.

Ohh yea I broke two rear drivers side axles in two days. Looks like I have a bent housing. Must have bent the housing at the Pre-run when I broke the spider gears in my ARB.

I am planning on my axle swap and it looks like it will be a D44 from a late model Rodeo. The 8.8 is a close second.

Keith
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

That was a real heartbreaker, Keith! I can't believe it happened on the first trail on the first day. Guess we'll have to do Golden Spike at GSW '06!

Stan

'98 ZJ 5.2L with 7" KOR lift, 35x12.5 MT/R's
    D30HP 760 axles/u-joints with Ox in front, 8.8 with Detroit in rear

Build and offroad pics at jeepsite.net

Hey Keith keep us posted on the axle swap.I want to get 33's but with the weak Dana 35 Im not going to take any chances on busting the axles.Did you get the WJ home?Or is it still in MOAB?
    01WJ,6" with other do-dads...

My Jeep is still in Moab. I had Cub Scout Camp this last weekend and will be going to Moab this Saturday to get it.

I will keep you posted. I am trying to have both ABS and Speedo work but my priority will be speedo. Worst case scenario will be to run the speedo sensors on the front tone rings and pull the ABS fuse. Since my Jeep is in Moab I have not been able to count the front axle notches but from memory it seems they have the same number as the rearones.

The Rodeo 44 is the same width as the WJ but is has 6 lugs. I am running spacers now with my stock rims therefore I can use spacers with 6-5 lug conversion to run my rims. Otherwise the 8.8 is only 59.4 and I will need to put 2 inch spacers on each side plus run new rims to get my back space correct. Both axles come with 4.10s which is the ratio I have already. I found a used Rodeo Iron D44 with an ARB but the guy is out of town and I have not looked at it too close yet. My guess is I will be able to mil and press my tone rings onto it because they have their rings on both axles like a WJ does. The 8.8 has one ring on the ring gear but others have moded them to have them on the axle ends. A couple other tricks may work like filing every other notch on the 8.8 tone ring and then run a true speed to correct the final count. Not my favorite idea but maybe what I need to do.

The quest continues. I need to save up some time and money but want to get it done by end of July to be able to wheel a little this summer. Otherwise it will be fishing for us at the local resevoirs where my Bug or Volvo can reach.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn WJ
    My Jeep is still in Moab.

It's OK Keith, so am I, I'll keep an eye on it

Although I've been in Arizona for the last week since GSW, I just ended up right back here again, haha

Matt,
    You still gonna be out there on Sat? That's when we're going to get Keith's Jeep.

Corey

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by JpRngr
    Matt,
    You still gonna be out there on Sat? That's when we're going to get Keith's Jeep.

Corey
    Nope, I'm just passing through here ont he way to CO this time. Mark and I are considering coming back though, we're debating between CO wheeling or coming back here. Hmmmmmmmm... decisions decisions...

Maybe you can get a trailer and tow my WJ back to Denver. Then Corey and I can sip a couple of Brews on Saturday instead of driving back and forth to Moab. See ya Saturday.

Seriously thanks for keeping an eye on it. I thought you were going to CA instead of AZ. I will be at the Rubicon in July but with a Rented Exploder. Should I try it?

You should spend some time in Colorado I am sure several Grand Owners will be wheeling the next couple of weeks. Prime season is now and of course my Jeep is down. I suggest you spend a day or two in the Buena Vista area and run Chinamans, Holy Cross and perhaps of few others in the area. Chinamans is one of my all time favorite trails. You can make it as hard as you want or as easy as a stock rig can do.

Admin
    Ran Chinamans and Holy cross last year, made it rather hard

Beaua vista is still up for grabs if the snows melted a bit, haven't heard of anyone making it through this year yet, so I'm told.

I think it's gonna be CO wheeling just for the sake of gas

the Con got nixed when I realized I bent my steering column and my steering pump is about shot, as well as a taco'd unibody. I want to stick to things that are easier to get my busted rig off of!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information