Thread: Top of the World Trail

1. #1 Top of the World Trail 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner PassRunnerZJ's Avatar
    Is the Rose Garden Hill going to be included in this run and the Onion Creek narrows?
    '98 ZJ, 33s and an XJ drivetrain, Iron Rock Offroad 4.5" Critical Path suspension lift, D44i, custom rear bumper w/tire carrier, KOR ZJ Radiator Support
    '95 ZJ - after 208k and the fun gear swapped to the '98, now it gets setup to sell
    '01 WJ, T/C skid, K&N replacement - wife's DD
    '04 Honda Civic - my DD

Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Cody's Avatar
    I thought onion creek was off limites now--or permit only. I could be mistaken though...

Cody

Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner PassRunnerZJ's Avatar
    It could be. I'm just I-wheeling and reading trail reports that could be too old. Although the site I was just looking at seemed to be from RR4-Wheelers information. http://www.moabutah.com/Resources/JeepingTop.php But that doesn't make it gospel since the site's authors could have grabbed old information and failed to verify. Too bad if it is since it looks like a cool scenic drive from some of the other site's pictures I saw.

Links to other trails: http://www.moabutah.com/Resources/Jeeping.php Their site seems to be both eco and 4x4 friendly, as long as we Stay On The Trail and pack out or trash.
    '98 ZJ, 33s and an XJ drivetrain, Iron Rock Offroad 4.5" Critical Path suspension lift, D44i, custom rear bumper w/tire carrier, KOR ZJ Radiator Support
    '95 ZJ - after 208k and the fun gear swapped to the '98, now it gets setup to sell
    '01 WJ, T/C skid, K&N replacement - wife's DD
    '04 Honda Civic - my DD

Yeah, the RR4W and the newly organized Moab Friends for 4 wheeling are both great organizations that do a ton of work to keep the trails open down there. I can double check on the onion creek thing, but I swear I remember being part of a conversation with the Utah 4 Wheel Drive assocation regarding how they were upset about the onion creek situation and how it was a very unique area (apparenlty their is some natural phenomenon that makes the creek actually smell like onions--a natural spring or something in the local plant life.....). I don't remember if it was closed , or just under fire, but there is something going on in the area.

leaving in 50 hours!

Cody

Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    Cody,

Please do check on this. I WAS planning to offer Onion Creek after Top of the World if time permitted. (Assuming, of course I don't get lost, since I've only gone the trail once!!!)

Tom Z.

i'm on it

Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    According to the BLM, the Onion Creek ROAD is open. You can't drive IN the creek itself (unless the ROAD crosses the creek). I've never done the trail - did the trial use to be through the creek? If not, then Onion Creek would be an optional trail, time permitting, after Top of the World.

Thread Information