Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Urban Assault Vehicle - Page 2

Thread: Urban Assault Vehicle

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter TrojanMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nate
    That's some messed up shit when your working on your Jeep and a clud of mud falls down and you remember the trail and when you ran it. haha.
    That's east coast wheeling for you
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ
    This thread proves that wheeling is better than the internet.
    Weavsworld: i dont know shit about MC, i just make it work

AK wheeling too. I had some peat moss stuck behind my winch I found when I pulled my bumper off... I got stuck in that shit like 2 years ago. I still find silt from when I got stuck out at the ocean.
    03 Subaru WRX
    98 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD
    98 Jeep ZJ
    95 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD

Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    well after 2 weeks of being off work, one week of those being in Moab for GSW05 and the other week chillin at the beach, i need to get my lazy ass back in gear and finish some of my junk up. I finally have all my parts for the HP30 and I will be dropping it off sometime next week to get the gears done. Anyone in the NC triad area i highly reccomend Goferit Offroad, Sheldon does very good quality work for cheaper than most the other guys, he's good to deal with.

To all of you hardcore techies, sorry I'm not doing my own gear install, i dont have the time, tools, resources, etc, for all of that. If there was someone nearby that could teach me I'd be all for it but there ain't, so thats that.

BTW please flame me for the cover, it'll accent my yellow skids, fan shroud, etc quite nicely.

XJ knuckles:

housing dissassembled:

cover:

Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    PS...to my knowledge i was not anally raped...but i did have some strange shits the next day.

I pay taxes so the government can pay for a bunch of white trash and shitbag illegals to have free medical care/welfare. Lovely.

I thought this ramp was for exhaust work.
    I wear saftey goggles when working under the jeep now. I can't stand shit getting in my eyes. I do frequent the car wash to get the undercarriage though and that helps a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody
    Make it, Break it, Roll it.
    Cody
    Not necessarily in that order.
    All of which ends in a Beer celebration or Beer Grieving.

I really need a new place to host pictures. Imagestation works about 50% of the time.

The Oil Dude MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    I've got all my stuff on FotoTime.
    Your #1 Source for Amsoil Lubricants

Lube it or Loose it!

Here's what I use: http://photobucket.com/
    2000 WJ, V8
    Some crap, Adding more crap all the time.

got that pos xj axle under ther yet?

my gear guy is pretty slow. however i did put in the MOOG ball joints (damn those are $$$) new CA bushings, and other random stuff. the gears should be done in 8 days, I'm in line, but hey ya can't beat the price.

in the meantime there should be a rear bumper/tire carrier showing up to my front door sometime this week. its coming from canada so I'll let everyone guess from whom I'm getting it.
    Last edited by ELLLLLIOTTTTT; 09-27-2005 at 08:01 PM.

Staff
    Congrats on teh bumper, that thing is awesome.

Lube it or Loose it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cue-Ball
    Congrats on teh bumper, that thing is awesome.
    thanks Dirk, its no trailready but i know the craftsmanship will be top notch. i'll post pics when it gets here.

Staff
    Yea but you have a swing out tire carrier, something I really wish I had.

Lube it or Loose it!

so I'm switching all my photos to photobucket so you whiney vaginas will quit bitching about imagestation and my fat red X's.

as of right now my bumper should be here on wednesday and after a few coats of paint will be ready to be put on. also my HP30 is almost ready and I have decided to put a lockright in it before it goes under. in retrospect I really should have built a D44 but they say hindsight is 20/20. School is starting back in late august so I'll have to chill out on messing with this money pit, messing with that 8.8 sure threw things off for me last semester. Anyway pics will come as soon as shit is ready.

be good MC fawkers.
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

Staff
    I hear you Elliot on the hindsight thing. The more time that goes buy the more I too wish I did a HP44 rather than the HP30. Oh well, I am thinking after I finally get my shit done I will have paid off some bills and gotten a little more out of debt, then I am thinking Currie RockJock 60's front and rear, can you say BLINGEDY BLING??

Lube it or Loose it!

ok so i've been incredibly productive in the last 2 days. I ripped out my carpet in the rear (only because my hatch leaks and it was mildewy) and threw down about 3 coats of hammerite paint, looks good. I also drilled a few holes in key locations to drain some of the water and for when I spray it down but making sure to keep it far from exhaust fumes.

2nd I added a set of 2" spacers on top of my springs to give me a little extra clearance. I am getting it down to a science, me and a friend installed the spacers, changed brake pads, greased everything, and cleaned up within 3 hours.

Also this morning I got wal-mart to balance my new set of 33x12.50 BFG M/T's. At $4 per tire I couldn't say no. When I used to swap between my 32" MT's and 32" AT's (for trail and street tires) they eventually started voiding the entire balancing fee and only charge to mount each one.

I've still decided to trim up my fenders a little so I have no chance of rubbing them when fully flexed, however I gave up on my hope of running 35's. Basically it is just not feasible on a DD jeep that sees several highway miles. Also like I said with school starting soon I need to focus more on better grades and less on building up a POS biblewagon.

Last and certainly not least, I got my rear bumper and tire carrier in today. It looks pretty nice after a little cleanup and I probably will throw a few coats of paint on it. I've got to say Kris did a damn good job designing and building this thing. It looks solid and hopefully will stand up to a good bashing. The greasable bushing is also a nice little touch and will hopefully keep things tight and lubricated (just how I like them ) just having a small problem getting it on, see post in newbie tech.

I've been trying to get pics for the last couple days but keep forgetting, I'll update very soon with pics so keep your eyes open.

Last edited by ELLLLLIOTTTTT; 12-18-2006 at 03:17 AM.

there were a few small problems with the rear bumper. first of all the support brackets that hold in that stock piece of tin bumper were completley seized onto the the nut and after torching, pounding, and cursing it still didn't come off. the only way i could think of getting it off was to weld a nut onto the threaded section of the stud and wrench it. Well guess what, it worked.

also the bumper comes up just a little high and my DRIV side taillight is kinda sandwiched in there so I'm thinking any kinda rear end twist and that taillight will crack, but i'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

along the same lines the tailgate is shutting very strangely after the bumper is on like the latch is not really adjusted right. I had to crack it open and repair it once before because the striker had gotten pushed up into the door over the years, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

The only other issue I encountered is that the tire on a stock wheel sits it too far back on the body and it wouldn't bolt down too tight. Not a problem I just flipped it around for now, now I just need another AR-767.

Thanks for the help dad.
    Last edited by ELLLLLIOTTTTT; 12-18-2006 at 03:18 AM.

Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    that thing look spritty sweet on your rig.

and ya i built that tire carrier for 4.5" BS.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

how far into the unibody rails does that bumper go in? I bet they start to crack with that tire on there.

doubtful, it slides in pretty far and is held on by the same holes as the trailer hitch. if it can stand up to the duties of towing with a hitch + 100's of pounds of cargo i'm sure it can hold a 60 lb tire without a problem.

Staff
    Looking good man.

Wish I had a swing out carrier on my TR's.

Oh well, next project maybe.

Lube it or Loose it!

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    DUDE!! I hope the tire isn't covering up your Puma sticker!!!

Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    i'l bet you they don't i ran liek that for over 2 years with zero problems and i smashed that bumper HARD>
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

omfg

i didnt know you could put your headrests in the bottom of the seat like that...

i want your 8.8 when you roll it and have to part it out.
    ZJ and a broke-dick XJ

Thread Information