Thread: I NEED A RIDE!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 I NEED A RIDE!!!!!!!! 
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    Ok,

This should probably go in the GSW forum, BUTTT due to the lack of frequent trafic there i'm posting it in here.

I am flying into Denver, CO and gettng a ride with Matt to the Moab for GSW the problem is that i have no ride home.

I have not booked my flight yet but i will need to do so very soon to ensure a good rate.

What i am asking from you guys is ANYONE who is not a psycho or a rappist or a blood thursty animal. that is gona be at GSW and would like to help out a fellow ZJer find his way back the the Denver airport. Please let me know.

i dont' mind workign around your schedual. but at this point i have a forsure way the GSW and no ride back.

Thnks
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Cody's Avatar
    how bout you finish your shit up, tow it to GSW, and stop bitchin ?

I'm not even mechanically inclined (ask anyone) and I could build a fuckin rocket ship that runs of empty beer cans and potato skins between now and June.

Cody

Staff
    because i plan on doing alot more and i don't have the time to rush it right now. between working 12 hour days, the GF, and the rest of my life i don't have ALOT of time to work on this. usually 2-3 hours in the week and 4-5 hours on the weekend. I still have to build the cage, rebuild the motor. rebuild the tranny, find and rebuild a D300, sort out the electrical to the bare minimun that ir required to run that thing. and oh wait.....BUY a trailer.

flying is gonna cost me 250 return and i would spen double that in gass just to get there if i drove. i want to come and check it out. but bringing the jeep is just not in the cards. IF for some fluke i get fired and spand all y time and money on the jeep and it gets done i will be the first person in line at the budget rent-a car to rent a trailer and tow it down. but its not going to hapen.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody
    I'm not even mechanically inclined (ask anyone) and I could build a fuckin rocket ship that runs of empty beer cans and potato skins between now and June.
    SIG!

Why not fly into somewhere besides colorado, like somewhere where you can get rides to and from?

Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Cody's Avatar
    you know, moab and grand junction have airports.

Also, worst case scenerio, there is a shuttle that runs back and forth from Salt Lake it it's like 50 bucks or something. I'd offer a ride back to SLC, but I will likely be all filled up in the dodge as it is.

Cody

Half of the people coming are from CO. It shouldn't be a problem getting a ride back to Denver.

Jason
    83 Scrambler, d60, 14bolt, ZJ 318. Yeah Yeah, it's a pile of parts, but someday...

68 Commando on 32's for wheeling

Staff
    cause i'm meeting up with Matt and Dave (i think) in Co
    EPIC POLYMER RACING

Senior Member MallCrawlin Supporter
    I did this last year. Of course I was coming from Atlanta. But the best place to go was Denver. And there are a ton of guys that come from that area. I even tried to get a flight from Denver or SLC to Moab but the shuttle flights were not a very good schedule and I could have rented a car and got there for about the same money and about the same time. Everything just turned out to be a wash except getting a ride from someone from Denver. I ended up getting picked up by tenmile, but there were a bunch of other guys willing to help out.

Funny story about that. When I got to tenmiles place, the next morning we were getting ready to head out. I was making the pancakes in the kitchen and in walks in a good buddy of mine from South Florida when I was in high school and college. I've never talked to this guy in over 7 years and had no idea where he had gone. But there he was standing in the kitchen too. You never know who you'll run into taking a trip and meeting up with people you've never actually met before except the internet!
    www.grandslamsoutheast.com
    SOLD: 98 ZJ, 6" Long Armed, Locked 33" MTR, HP 9" and HP D30
    My Build Thread
    94 YJ, tons and 40s, no leafs, 5.3/4L60e
    04.5 Dodge 2500 CTD 4x4, Smarty Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Pearce
    I did this last year. Of course I was coming from Atlanta. But the best place to go was Denver. And there are a ton of guys that come from that area. I even tried to get a flight from Denver or SLC to Moab but the shuttle flights were not a very good schedule and I could have rented a car and got there for about the same money and about the same time. Everything just turned out to be a wash except getting a ride from someone from Denver. I ended up getting picked up by tenmile, but there were a bunch of other guys willing to help out.

Funny story about that. When I got to tenmiles place, the next morning we were getting ready to head out. I was making the pancakes in the kitchen and in walks in a good buddy of mine from South Florida when I was in high school and college. I've never talked to this guy in over 7 years and had no idea where he had gone. But there he was standing in the kitchen too. You never know who you'll run into taking a trip and meeting up with people you've never actually met before except the internet!

That is CRAZY, i mean, what are the odds?
    94 ZJ, 6" lift, 231, locked F&R. 8.8, 36" TSLs.*SOLD

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 6.6L LLY Duramax/Allison, Edge Juice/attitude, 4" straight pipe(lost the muffler & kitty), debadged, limo tint, V1, shimmed PRV, AFE intake, HID's, 285 REVOS.

Staff
    Ok well i'm booking the flight for my return on the 13th and i'm gonna take the latest flight out, 930.

so if no one wants to help out then its time for some trains planes and automobiles.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING

Dave's Nurse Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Staff
    Kraga, I'm sure there will be someone coming back this way that you can hitch a ride with. There are quite a few people heading out from this direction. If not, we'll strap you to the back of Dave's ZJ.

And since Matt is staying with Dave and I before he heads out with us to Moab, I'm pretty sure that means you'll be staying here too
    ~Pam -

"Pressure - it can turn a lump of coal into a flawless diamond - or an average person into a perfect basket case"

I should be coming back through on Monday...

-J
    ZJ: 6.5" LA's... 33's and stuff.

Staff
    Sweet. So i know i'm not going to be stranded. can't wait to get to moab.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING

Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    I will be going back to Denver on Sunday afternoon. If you run out of options by then let me know and we can drive you back Sunday. You can then get a room near DIA or fly stand by.

I will warn you that I will be with my 3 kids so it might be interesting for you.
    You can watch movies and sing songs with them.

My kids are not exactly the meek quiet types.

Seriously if you are in a jam let me know.

Keith S
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

16. #16 Re: I NEED A RIDE!!!!!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraqa
    is ANYONE who is not a psycho or a rappist or a blood thursty animal. that is gona be at GSW and would like to help out a fellow ZJer find his way back the the Denver airport. Please let me know.
    What do you have against rappists? they're just black dude's trying to make a living bustin' rhymes man...you don't have to be afraid of them.

Pam....so does that mean i'm staying at your house too? should be a good time.

Staff
    if i remeber correctly. Pam don\y you live with Dave and if me and matt and ron are stayign there...................soemone gettin drunk.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING

i'm sure i'll be tanked cause at that elevation it'll take me like a half beer to be gone.

and i call the spare bedroom!!! ha ha ha..you silly sallys can play swords w/ each other on the couches or on the family room floor.

i'm a prissy bitch....i ain't sleepin on the floor.

wait...i've got a plan. we'll sit around doing vodka shots, but i'll drink water while dave downs vodka, then when he passes out and collapses on the kitchen floor, i'll go upstairs and sleep w/ Pam and snuggle up w/ her nice cozy pillows. ahhh...that sounds better.

Grand Slam West Planner
    Staff

Ron, I wouldn't want to be you in that situation when Dave wakes up, hung over and pissed off that YOU are in OUR bed with ME and my cozy pillows .

Yes, Kraqa, Dave and I live together. We have TWO spare bedrooms. Ron, the second spare bedroom will have a bed by saturday. So that makes two beds a sofa, the basement with the cat and a whole lot of floor space. Oh and I think I can snag an air mattress too...

Someone is getting drunk????? I'm thinking the whole damn house will be drunk.

2.5 bathrooms by the way. One is a private bath off the master bed so you guys can fight over the other two.

So at Hotel Mallcrawlin we have

Matt
    Kraqa
    Ron??? You are confirmed for GSW are you really gonna make it?
    Puma (rumor has it) And I promise Puma, I don't bite and I won't bitch slap you. Least not very hard

Make you reservations now, it's getting crowded round here.
    ~Pam -

"Pressure - it can turn a lump of coal into a flawless diamond - or an average person into a perfect basket case"

Staff
    sweet. shotty anything but the basment with the cat and mould.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING

Grand Slam West Planner
    Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraqa
    sweet. shotty anything but the basment with the cat and mould.
    umm...Dave insists you keep my cat company. But on the plus side, no mould here in Colorado. To damn dry.
    ~Pam -

Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    booked my flight earlier today. I'll sleep with your "cat", Pam.
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

Grand Slam West Planner
    Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma297
    booked my flight earlier today. I'll sleep with your "cat", Pam.
    I'm not sure you'll like my cat Puma. For starters, it's an "older" cat and we know how you feel bout "older" cats. And besides, it's shaved. . . not very soft as far as cats go.

By the way, Matt has called Dibs on the spare bed. Futon and sofa up for grabs still...speak now
    ~Pam -

Admin
    Ok, I call dibs on teh spare bed so I'm not sleeping with "pams cat" and also so, well, so dave doesnt fucking kill me!

Anyway, I'm getting Kraqa and Puma at the airport and getting them to Dave and Pams (HOTEL MALLCRAWLIN!)

I can get both of you to Moab (only one front seat though) and I think Kraqa called dibs on front. Mark might have an open passenger seat in the chevy towing the TJ, but when we get to GSW Mark has dibs on my passenger seat.

Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Ummm, wow. That is all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thread Information