Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Moab (GSW Pre Run)

Thread: Moab (GSW Pre Run)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Moab (GSW Pre Run) 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Alrighty. That was a TRIP!!!

The adventure started out Wednesday. Drove up to DIA to pick up Matt, headed to Boulder to get the trailer, had lunch at Illegal Pete's and made fun of hippies. Come back down to C-Rock and get the trailer loaded up. Then we jumped in the yota to go get Pam from work and head to Mark's for some dinner. Some GOOD shit!!! So after dinner we head back down to C-Rock and noticed it happened to have snowed a little bit here. Jeeps outside on the trailer. FAAAAWWWWKK!!!!!!!!

Kinda pissed about that. But everything melted and dried off on the way to Moab, and all my electrical shit works just fine so no worries.

Pulled into town Thursday night, grabbed some dinner at Moab Brewery and crashed pretty early. Friday morning we got up PLANNING to go run Cliffhanger and then Poison Spider Mesa. We knew Cliffhanger was supposed to be paved, but we wanted to see how bad it was. We all met at City Market as usual, only to find Cody with a completely FAWKED trailer axle. He's going nowhere. He dropped the trailer at City Market and went to get a new axle and we headed off to the trail.

Cliffhanger was about as we expected, still a couple slightly difficult options available. Here's Pam coming down the steps:

We breezed out to the cliff with no issues at all, only to find the pipeline that was to buried STILL running right across the trail. They screw the trail up, and then dont even do the work they're supposed to!! Oh well, hopefully it'll be back to normal soon. We turned around right after the cliff since we had seen what we came to see. Stopped and grabbed lunch and Matt decided my spare tire looked like a la-z-boy.

After lunch we started to head back, and I noticed the clunking and clanking from my busted driver side front UCA bracket was getting worse. Pulled over to check it out and saw that the bolt was actually getting pulled THROUGH the unibody, NO BUENO!!!! So we pulled out Keith's ready welder and took care of that. Notice the bracket laying by the welder, COMPLETELY pulled off the frame.

Here's a blurry pic of where the bolt was pulling through

Looked like some sort of crazy Jeep love fest going on.

Got that all fixed up and headed back to town. Met up with Cody and started getting his new axle ready to go. Got the new spring perches welded on and ready to go when we noticed that the bolt pattern was different on the new axle!! FAWK!!!! Ended up getting some new wheels to fit the new bolt pattern. We went and grabbed some grub and then headed out to Poison Spider for a night run. GREAT trail to do at night. No pics though. Let Pam try a few steeper obstacles, didn't tell her until she was done with one of them that her front left tire (well, technically MY front left tire since she doesn't have a Jeep yet) was about two feet in the air.

The next morning we went out to Hell's Revenge and stopped to play at Dump Bump for a bit. I don't have any pics of this yet, but I'm sure some will surface. I've got video that will be up soon, including some of Keith, ummm, well, I'm not really sure what he was doing. Cody did find some new friends though and gave some jailbait chicks rides up and down Dump Bump.

We headed out on Hell's Revenge and we all gave it a go on Hell's Gate. Pretty sweet little obstacle. We all made it alright thanks to Cody's spotting.

Then we headed over to the hot tubs. Cody proceeded to break BOTH front shafts, a hub, AND a rear disc caliper bracket in one tub. I strapped him out (have video proof of this, and I'm sure pics will surface, so much for King Strapmaster!!). Then my Jeep was running like shit, noticed it was WAAAAAAY hot. Determined the t-stat was seized shut, so we punched it open with a screwdriver and went on our merry way.

Got to Tip Over Challenge, lots of vultures waiting for some carnage, but I finessed it up (again, have video, will post sooner or later).

Then we drank beer. And I'm tired. So this is all I'm going to post for now. I've only got the pics Pam and I took, I know Keith and Matt got quite a few too, and I'll got some of the video up, although some of it is on the lines of Henley's avatar!!!

I'm jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ
    it's a hobby that rarely makes good financial sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska ZJ
    I can proudly say that I am one of the "OG's" of mutilating a perfectly good luxury SUV.
    1996 V8, Claytons, HP30/D44a locked, ARB, winch, WJ brakes and high steer, 33s, some body damage.

Admin
    I'm at the airport now, have a mid term right after my plane lands in Pittsburgh then I'll get my pics and stories up

I'm glad I took this trip, it was definately the kick in the ass I needed to get my Jeep all fixed up again.

Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention the tranny line incident. While Keith was welding up my UCA bracket he managed to "nick" my tranny cooler line with the welder.

Keith: "Umm, Dave, I just welded your tranny cooler line"
    Me: "Haha, very funny, finish welding up the bracket so we can go"
    Keith: "No, I really did, my finger is covering the hole"
    Me: "Ummm . . . . . . FUCK???"

Luckily I had picked up some 3/8" fuel line I found laying on the trail earlier and threw it in the back of the Jeep. So we cut a section off, cut the line and slid the hose on and clamped her up.

So the moral of the story, don't weld tranny lines, and pick up trash cuz you never know if YOU might need it!

Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    looks like a hell of a good time.
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

Admin
    A few more pics (all pics are at http://www.mallcrawlin.com/wheelinpics/moapapril05/ )

Dave typed "moap" instead of "moab" since he's a drunktard.

Dave saying "Hey, WTF paved the obsticles on Cliffhanger?

Cliffhanger scenery sucks!

Pam - your mouth's open!

I declare this rock "matthews kickass freakin' awesome alligator!"

this is never good

How many working jeeps does it take to fix daves busted ass jeep?

Here's where Keith nicked the tranny line (shit that was funny...) That rubber hose Dave found at the side of the road really saved his butt.

bracket welded back in place (Did I mention that Keith's the man?)

So ya, Cody lost a tire / axle from salt lake city to maob, and still pulled it on three tires

Line to the left of dump bump (I'd so flop here)

wohoo! I got to drive! (when I finally figured out how to put the atlas II in 4wd)

Ya, Cody was charing $50 a joy ride (unless it was a teenage girl just waiting to be corrupted.

follow the yellow brick road

sweeeeeeeeeeet shot of John twisting it up

Cody got owned by Mickeys hot tub (it had a few feet of water in the bottom, made that slickrock mega slick...)

uh ohhh

I loved it when Dave said "Hey, Cody, is your caliper supposed to be spinning with your wheel like that?"

John making very short work of Potatoe Salad Hill

Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff

Do The DEW!!!
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ

Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Hopefully I can get some vids up tonight . . . .

Dave's Nurse Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaveZJ
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ
    Hot Damn!! I'm not the only one that did it!!!
    ~Pam -

"Pressure - it can turn a lump of coal into a flawless diamond - or an average person into a perfect basket case"

Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Cody's Avatar
    Here are a couple from Metal Masher.

So, do we have any better pics of the 'teenage girls' so that we can get an age confirmation? More particularly the older one since I think she was at the very least 18......

Cody

Grand Slam West Planner
    Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody
    So, do we have any better pics of the 'teenage girls' so that we can get an age confirmation? More particularly the older one since I think she was at the very least 18......

Cody
    Looking for a new girlfriend?
    ~Pam -

"Pressure - it can turn a lump of coal into a flawless diamond - or an average person into a perfect basket case"

Sick pics, cant wait to see the vid
    84" Chevy K20 Long Bed-7 inch lift-38x12.50 TSL's-D60/14 bolt-Locked front and rear

94' Jeep ZJ, 5.2 liter, 6in JKS/Rubicon Lift, 33 in Trxus MT's, Rear Lock-rite..ect. (Sold)

"I Love The Sound Of 4 LO In The
    Morning"
    -----------------------------------------

Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    i hear the girls were like 12...

if they WERE 18 or so, bring on the pics.
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Cody's Avatar
    lol, they weren't 12. the younge one was probably around 15 and the older had to be close to 18.

Or maybe the corn and pototo's they feed those girls in Idaho makes them develop faster.....

Cody

Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    Sorry it took so long the post my pics. Been on the road since I got home and my Honey Do list was pretty big this weekend.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/in...?id=2128254243

By the way I vote the older one was close to 18. You can see a pic of her in Cody's Jeep. I grew up on a Farm in Nebraska and yes the corn does make the hotties develop a little sooner. So it is a bit hard to tell.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Sweet pics Keith!

Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Finally got around to putting the trip report in HTML format on the main site:

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/tripreports/moabapr05.htm

Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by MaineZJ

Keith has talked to a judge regarding a gag order on all videos taken from the pre run in order to not look bad. Once I handle this situation videos will be up.

Grand Slam West Planner
    Staff
    ~Pam -

Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    Well it seems the Judge warned me of potential charges against me for what he claims as public indecency. I have no idea what he could mean by that.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

Admin
    niiiiiiiiiiiiice

Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner JohnBoulderCO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn WJ
    Well it seems the Judge warned me of potential charges against me for what he claims as public indecency. I have no idea what he could mean by that.
    Butt crack?
    WJ, 4.7, Clayton's Front, Double Triangulated Rear, 231HD, HP44, 8.8, ARBs, TR Bumpers, Hydro Assist, 35's, Cage
    Lambo Doors - tweaked unibody
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8532

Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner JohnBoulderCO's Avatar
    Dave you have a future writing for Jeep mags, well done.

I was looking at that flex shot of me again, I didn't relize I was so flexy. I should send that to Clayton.
    WJ, 4.7, Clayton's Front, Double Triangulated Rear, 231HD, HP44, 8.8, ARBs, TR Bumpers, Hydro Assist, 35's, Cage
    Lambo Doors - tweaked unibody
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8532

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information