Thread: Airing up and Down...pretty cool system

1. #1 Airing up and Down...pretty cool system 
    I know that you can buy a kit that does this but why not make it. It is a local guy on our local board that put this up.

http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.co...ing%20down.pdf
    Chris Depew
    Some people call me a shrink

77 Cherokee Chief S 401: SOLD
    77 CJ5 Levis Edition 304: SOLD
    84 Grand Waggy: SOLD
    95 ZJ Orvis: SOLD

I've been meaning to make something like that for years and never get around to it...

I'm interested in it for my car and other jeep with a welded rear in particular, since you can use a gizmo like this to get the tire pressure perfectly equal between a pair (or all 4) tires. Great for improving treadwear on a welded diff or handling on your car...

I made a 2-chuck version of that a while ago, make airing up and down much easier. You can get cheap parts from surpluscenter.com, from what I remember mine cost like $30 total.

- Matt
    96 ZJ 5.2 | 3" f->r + trimmin | 33's | pin stripes

Very nice,

that'd keep me from running around to each tire pulling and dragging stuff out of the back.

Hunter
    04 4.7 HO limited
    04 4.7 HO Overland
    00 4.7 with no lift or mods (RIP)
    94 5.9 with lift and mods (sold)

5. #5 Re: Airing up and Down...pretty cool system 
    that is a pretty simple system, and great for getting all tires at the same pressure, but while your at it, why not make it real convienent.

cut all the hoses to about 3 feet. put a disco on one end, and the air chuck on the other. then plumb a line to all 4 corners of your jeep from under the hood. get 2 cheap electronic air valves and a switch,mount the switch and guage somewhere convienent, and then you have a very quick portable system for both up and down. plumbed into your choice of air system you will be able to hook up, watch the guage as your tires deflate, and then unhook 4 small hoses. no dragging them in the mud, no curling them up, just throw them in the back and go. when its time to go home, hook them up again, and use your gage to air back up to what ever pressure you want, at the flick of a switch

6. #6 Re: Airing up and Down...pretty cool system 
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xs View Post
    that is a pretty simple system, and great for getting all tires at the same pressure, but while your at it, why not make it real convienent.

cut all the hoses to about 3 feet. put a disco on one end, and the air chuck on the other. then plumb a line to all 4 corners of your jeep from under the hood. get 2 cheap electronic air valves and a switch,mount the switch and guage somewhere convienent, and then you have a very quick portable system for both up and down. plumbed into your choice of air system you will be able to hook up, watch the guage as your tires deflate, and then unhook 4 small hoses. no dragging them in the mud, no curling them up, just throw them in the back and go. when its time to go home, hook them up again, and use your gage to air back up to what ever pressure you want, at the flick of a switch
    I think I might just steal this idea
    93' ZJ 4.7L STROKER, Clayton LONGARMS, 4wd conversion, 231 SYE, HPD30, 8.8, BFG 35's, 2000 manifold & injectors, Hesco fpr, Port & polish, LS1 valves, WJ Steering/brakes, KOR SliderZ & steering box brace, Clayton TB bracket and my custom trackbar, Crane ignition, B&M cooler, Tom Woods, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    We're all insane here...

7. #7 Re: Airing up and Down...pretty cool system 
    been using it for 5 years on the tj and love it. only about 50$ extra for to air solonoids

Thread Information