Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Project: Kraq-Rock (New Skins 3 link 1/2 done) - Page 4

Thread: Project: Kraq-Rock (New Skins 3 link 1/2 done)

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    i was working on our accounting server at work and it only recognizes caps. and the spelling. well i suck and i was typing fast so that i wouldn't get caught by the boss.

here go's the new stuff

the spring perch bracket, i used the sping "center pin" frm the stock rear. and i will re reusing the stock bump stops.....thats for another post tho.

in that one you can see to the left the start of the main hoop. that will tie into the roof and be fully seem welded to the roof sheet metal. yes it will be out of squar. makes for a nice flat surface to place my snaps for the tauno cover.

EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

How come u don't go with coilovers?
    94' grand cherokee, 5.5" on 35's...yay! now i need to make more money!!!

Staff
    well contrary to popular beleif. i'm broke. for the price of two coil overs i can finish this entire project. most of this material i'm getting for free the only thing i'm going to really have to pay for is the ERW and the price to rent a tube bender.

300 for the tube 65$ a day for the bender.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer

Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    $65 a day? :shock:

you can get one of those bottle jack type manual tube benders for under $200 around here. Works pretty well and doesnt kink the tube.
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

Senior Member GSSW Planner chadjans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraqa
    well contrary to popular beleif. i'm broke. for the price of two coil overs i can finish this entire project. most of this material i'm getting for free the only thing i'm going to really have to pay for is the ERW and the price to rent a tube bender.

300 for the tube 65$ a day for the bender.
    Be careful, you could just buy one if you have it enough days.

Bottle jack benders are gay.

Chad

Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chadjans
    Be careful, you could just buy one if you have it enough days.

Bottle jack benders are gay.

Chad
    having a crappy part time job because of school leaving no money for a real bender is gay.
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

Senior Member GSSW Planner chadjans's Avatar
    I agree, but I can find better things to do than fill tubes with sand to prevent kinking of tube, or risking putting kinks in expensive tube

Chad

Staff
    this is fully hydrolic. and to get a bender send over the boarder it would cost me more then 1000 once i opay freight duty tax and buy a die. so for a weekend i can swing 200$
    EPIC POLYMER RACING

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...y/100_1234.jpg

How'd you bend the metal for this piece? Have you got a press brake or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ
    it's a hobby that rarely makes good financial sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska ZJ
    I can proudly say that I am one of the "OG's" of mutilating a perfectly good luxury SUV.
    1996 V8, Claytons, HP30/D44a locked, ARB, winch, WJ brakes and high steer, 33s, some body damage.

Staff
    we have a 150 ton break at work. i knwo its cheeting but oh well. i'l take it.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING

The Oil Dude MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    What no tubing bender at work??
    Your #1 Source for Amsoil Lubricants

Lube it or Loose it!

Staff
    i wish.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING

Staff
    oh and i have a bottle jack PIPE bender and it kinks pipe tliek theres no tomorrow.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING

I like a little kink
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ
    it's a hobby that rarely makes good financial sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska ZJ
    I can proudly say that I am one of the "OG's" of mutilating a perfectly good luxury SUV.
    1996 V8, Claytons, HP30/D44a locked, ARB, winch, WJ brakes and high steer, 33s, some body damage.

Staff
    kink is good, not when it is trying to save your life.

this is my shock mounts and it will have my bump stops on it as well as limiting straps and my rear hitch will eventually tie into it.

lots of adjustability for the triangulated shocks

and a few more of the rocker all welded up in place. did i mention how much i hate welding 22 guage with a miller 250.

EPIC POLYMER RACING

16. #91 ;) 
    its comming out sweet! keep the pics comming.
    Is that right?

Staff
    what do you guys think abotu ditching the rear coils and going to 1/4 elliptical. i really liek the idea and it seams to fix my short sring problem. just tossin some ideas out there/
    EPIC POLYMER RACING

Staff
    ok its settled i'm picking up my rear leafs for the 1/4 elliptical tonight.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING

Kraqa - I've seen 1/4 elip work and work very well. The good thing is that ithey make it fairly easy to change ride height and also spring rate by adding/subtracting leafs. This is going to be very interesteing to see how it turns out for ya!

Also, i have some questions about your rockers. how did you have your old ones welded in? just to the parts of the "body/frame" that the tube contacted? this time you added support braces. Did it not work well the way you had it before, did you just want more support or what? Did it require cutting away anything (supports, etc.) to put the tube flush on the underside? Also, it looks like the support braces dig in to the undercarriage a bit. are they actually exposed in to the floorboard? Basically, I'm trying to figure out how i want to do my rockers and the way you have them is about perfect. I think i would like to use 2x4 instead, but pretty much the same idea. however, mine is still full bodied so i need to keep it clean like the rest of the vehicle for now.

thanks.

can't wait to see the 1/4 elip!!

:?: Ok, somebody tell me what 1/4 elliptical is? I haven't heard of it before.

you chop a leaf spring in half, bolt the middle of the spring (where it was chopped) to the body and then bolt the end to some kind of swivel deal to the axle. The neat thing about 1/4 eliptical is you can have truely progressive spring rates. There's a team in jeepspeed that did 1/4 with something like 36 spings... each one being very thin but add them up and every 1/2" of suspension travel allowed for a different spring rate. With 1/4 eliptical, he's still going to have control arms and everything, just not coils.

Staff
    well generally goingoffroad got the concept. but i'm doing mine a bit difrent.

i'm going to cut the spring in half then bolt it inside a peice of hss tubing and have a heim joint at the other end of the hss. that will be connected to the frame. i will use a sheckle at the axle end. then the hss will have a bump stop on the frame so at rest the spring is "leaning" on the bump stop and carying the weight of the vehicle. but under articulation the srping can pivot down as the axles drops in the same motion as the control arm. essentially i will have unrestricted down travel and a variable spring rate on the up travel. thie only thing i will have to do to make this work right is run a rear swap bar to ballance out the rear end and then limiting straps. shoudl allow for stupid flex that i will mostlikly not use half of . but i can chage the ride hight and articulation as i please.

i didn't get the springs last night i will progress on the cage for now and do the springs at a later date after i'v reaserched it some more.

msvance

my old rockers worked fine i welded them to the body only. although once the body gets a dent above the rockrer HSS the slider will eventually torque its way on a angle and making it the body hit the bottom of the doors. not cool. and yes the a & B pillars must be modified inside the rocker to work correctly if you want to gain anymore clearance then stock.

and i though ti included a pic of how the first support go's through the floor. it would not be the best option for a DD IMHO>

i hope this helps if other pics are required let me know.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING

oh ok, thanks for explaining... Sounds like a odd setup, I gotta do some research about it. I am anxious to see how it will work on your ZJ.
    ZJ 5.2 V8
    XJ 4.0 I6

Staff
    so i took the jeep for a spin today with the sun out and plus i had to turn the jeepo around to do the other side. i'l tell you one thing. man i love the amount of visibility this thing has especially with the doors off. soooo much nicer then befor. makes me way more excited to finish this thing and get back to that thing i call wheelin.

the other rocker hutted

floor chopped to match the other side

this is the inside of the rocker. that peice of rusty angle iron is what i had to do to make my previouse rockers fit. it did the job at the time but i'm doing it right this time

this is the hole for the frame tei in support

Nice and clean!!! bling bling

EPIC POLYMER RACING

nice

Thread Information