Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Project: Kraq-Rock (New Skins 3 link 1/2 done) - Page 2

Thread: Project: Kraq-Rock (New Skins 3 link 1/2 done)

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Kraqa - I am really interested in this build, but doing it to fit 38" TSL's just doesn't seem right. I'm running 37"s IROKS which are only 0.9" diameter smaller at 6.5" lift and don't have any issues. That's with 13" travel shocks in the rear w/ ~5"/7" up/down travel and some cushion built in.

Keep the updates coming. this is going to be an interesting thread. this definitely gets the juices flowing in my brain as well.

Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    MSVANCE,

i will be moving up in tires VERY soon after the chop is done. with the 70 in the rear i'm thinking 42+.

as for the pics well here they go:

cut my old rocker out

here is the rocker

the new line marked with tape (the poor mans straight edge)

The rear modifed, this is the line i picked fot the back it should change much now.

the peice going into the frame is 4x2x.125 HSS it is just a transition from the bed to the frame. it go's 4" back into the frame rail and will be seam welded around the frame rail and plug welded in. the "bed" with b 3x2x.125 HSS this is it with me holding it in place

EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

Staff
    MSVANCE,

i will be moving up in tires VERY soon after the chop is done. with the 70 in the rear i'm thinking 42+.

as for the pics well here they go:

cut my old rocker out

here is the rocker

the new line marked with tape (the poor mans straight edge)

The rear modifed, this is the line i picked fot the back it should change much now.

the peice going into the frame is 4x2x.125 HSS it is just a transition from the bed to the frame. it go's 4" back into the frame rail and will be seam welded around the frame rail and plug welded in. the "bed" with b 3x2x.125 HSS this is it with me holding it in place

EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer

Staff

EPIC POLYMER RACING

Look at all that rust inside the rocker... hmmm, makes me wonder how mine looks inside! :!:

Nice work man, I can't wait to see how it looks finished! Keep on posting pics of your work.
    ZJ 5.2 V8
    XJ 4.0 I6

kraqa - tru tru. 42's are definitely the ticket!

keep it up. This is awesome being able to see how everything looks on the inside of someone elses ZJ

Staff
    it truly is nice
    EPIC POLYMER RACING

Staff
    well here is the progression.

here is the frame rails the bottom notch is for a support braket i will do later.

the frame rail "transitions" welded in, notice the plug welds.

the transitions cut

the bed rail in

EPIC POLYMER RACING

WOW man, this thing is gonna look awesome when you get done with it! I cant wait to see this thing finished. The transitions from square to round are gonna look real nice. A lot of buggies around here have it and it ends up being really really nice! Good Luck!
    Michael
    97 ZJ - 60/44 | 37 Iroks | heavily modified RK lift :p
    00 Integra - 10.44@141mph

Staff
    i'm suprized no one commented on my bling bling home made white gauge pod.

Whoo....WHOOO
    EPIC POLYMER RACING

Quote Originally Posted by Kraqa
    i'm suprized no one commented on my bling bling home made white gauge pod.

Whoo....WHOOO
    I was about to comment that its nice to see you are still keeping the bling alive. Looking good so far. Makes me wish I had kept my ZJ, but there will always be something else to build up later on down the road. BTW, did you ever figure out that solidworks shit?

-Brandon
    "If I had it my way, I'd have every girl sent to North Carolina to learn to talk and smile with that southern accent that drives me wild." -- Hank Williams

Staff
    no i never ended up playing with it enough. thats ok. i think i figured out what i wana do with my cage. plus once it is done if i get any "needs more triangulation" then i know i MIGHTneed to add to it. that or tell someone where to go and how to get there.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING

definitely looks like good progress, but I have some questions/comments -is your new "frame rail" higher than the old "frame rail"? if not, it seems you could have achieved the same thing by leaving the unibody to that point in tact along with the existing floor and just added tube from there for the cage and structural support. this way you do have a better foundation and you can do it your way, but seems like you would have went for something "different" or "more" if you are going through the hassle.

I guess I visioned that you were going to just continue the tube at that 45* angle to where it basically interesects with the tape that you have layed out on the 1st page. I personally like that idea better, but it's also your buggy and not mine. You gain a little extra room this way i guess, but the way it looks now, you should've had room for the cell just behind the seats then if you continued up at the 45* then you could have built a rack for a cooler and tool box area. I think it would look a little cleaner and more buggish to me anyhow. but i am sure you have plenty of ideas in your head as well.

just my 2c. later.

Quote Originally Posted by msvance
    bash
    :lol:... I think it's looking good man, can't wait to see where this ends up.

Staff
    This frame rail is 2" higher then stock.

My reasons for doing it this way is that the old frame rails were cracked and separated front the floor boards in some locations. They were just a pussy hair over 1/16" thick. and they had a bunch of crazy support brackets welded on to them from the factory that made it look like crap. If you look at how the frame is constructed it is a U shape with two tabs at the top spot-welded to the floorboards. Not very strong. It gets most of its structural values from the rear lift gate and C pillars. i guess i could have re-used it but the point of this project is to use the ZJ platform as a buggy and get rid of allot of the turd aspect of it.

as for the tank it will sit on top of those frame rails. i want to keep it there in order to balance out the weight of having a relatively light rear end with a monsterly heavy front end. The more i look at this im thinking i might wana have the spare go oger the rear since the spare tire is a consistent weight where the fuel tank will get lighter as you go. so puttig the tank behind the seats might not be a bad idea. this is why i'm askign your opinions. thanks man, this board is great.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING

Staff
    a nice touch i think.

EPIC POLYMER RACING

Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    nice skateboard deck on the floor. do you still skate? kinda thought it was a lost art.
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

The Oil Dude MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Puma297
    nice skateboard deck on the floor. do you still skate? kinda thought it was a lost art.
    No the skateboard was cheaper than buying a new creeper I think :lol:
    Your #1 Source for Amsoil Lubricants

Lube it or Loose it!

gonna build a house with that hammer? :flipoff:

looking good :thumbsup:

That is just awesome! 8)
    84" Chevy K20 Long Bed-7 inch lift-38x12.50 TSL's-D60/14 bolt-Locked front and rear

94' Jeep ZJ, 5.2 liter, 6in JKS/Rubicon Lift, 33 in Trxus MT's, Rear Lock-rite..ect. (Sold)

"I Love The Sound Of 4 LO In The
    Morning"
    -----------------------------------------

Staff
    ever since the x-games wereintroduced the popularity of skate boarding has skyrocketed. look at performers like avril lavine and stuff tones of punk bands are out now. i don't skate i snowboard in the winter and skim board in the summer but the skate deck is for a balance board for the off season and part of my re-hab training from the accident.

as far as the hammer i dont' knwo what your talkign about but LOTS can be done with a mallet and a big sloted screw driver.

thnx for the comments. keep em comming.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING

claw hammer, used for woodworking:

just raggin on ya

Staff
    all yes but that claw in nice for wedging things with. or even better turn it around and hit stuff.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING

Staff
    well i got some more on the rockers.

EPIC POLYMER RACING

is that 4x4 for the rocker?

Thread Information