Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Nova Scotia rig

Thread: Nova Scotia rig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Nova Scotia rig 
    hey, I may be your most prolific lurker. Here's some pics and specs on my '93 Limited. It's no rock buggy, but we don't have that terrain here.

I home fab/wrench everything.

4.0/aw4/231

Lift: ye olde f>r, with 3" front spacers. Upcountry v8 coils all around.

axles:hp30 and a very nearly done rear xj d44 with a Detriot and discs. d35c till xmas. I had swapped in yj 4.10's, sticking with that for the time being.

Protection: front and rear bumpers, big ass rockers, gas tank skid, tcase skid.

Mods: K&n filter w intake tube thing, Magnaflow muffler, Taurus fan with raised rad. I really like the raised fan setup.

control arms are dom, and 1" b7 threaded rod. I did my own weld-in inserts by turning down coupler nuts on a lathe.

b4 xmas I plan on getting the d44 in, and 33's on.

wheelin Cape Breton

driveway shot

raised rad/electric fan

D44 in process

I have these tires in 33X12.5 on black rockcrawlers. (Dayton's)

artsy shot
    93 4.0/aw4/242/hp30,lockrite,hi-steer/d44 Detroit,discs/43"LA's/E350/Efan/raised rad,gas/33"TSL/beadlocks/wagbox

Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, CANADA

That looks pretty neat. Do you have any more pictures of that rear bumper?

very nicely done... infact very very nicely done

Damn nice fabrication!
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ
    it's a hobby that rarely makes good financial sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska ZJ
    I can proudly say that I am one of the "OG's" of mutilating a perfectly good luxury SUV.
    1996 V8, Claytons, HP30/D44a locked, ARB, winch, WJ brakes and high steer, 33s, some body damage.

disc brake set up coming together:
    E350 master/88 xj dual diaphram booster/95 rotors/88 calipers.

93 4.0/aw4/242/hp30,lockrite,hi-steer/d44 Detroit,discs/43"LA's/E350/Efan/raised rad,gas/33"TSL/beadlocks/wagbox

looks awesome

What did your e fan come from? Looks like a good fit.

Fizzord Tauras. Notice there is nothing below the framerails.

Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    is that a taurus rad too????
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

new stock 4.0 zj. it's tilted back to fit up under the hood.

2nd pic sucks.
    I can take some more.

E350 master and xj boooster.
    -drilled holes out to 5/8"
    -ground outside holes to fit into booster.

hopeing to get this bitch in over the weekend.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    ...It's all shiny :shock:

one more rad pic

E350 is in. I hope my brakes need to be bled really bad, 'cause they suck ass right now. I'm going to re-bench bleed and at the wheels again today. This should still work with the stock d35 drums, right? (d44/discs not in yet)

It is much smaller, lots more room to work. You can get at the steering intermediate, motor mount, intake/exaust WAY easier. Can you use the ABS pump for anything cool? Hydraulic paint-ruiner for tailgaters?

I plumbed the same as AlaskaZJ's from the write-up section. No proportioning valve. Anybody NOT using one on the street? And I have a zj one for rear disc, could this work?

Compression fittings: Yay or Nay? ....so easy to use!

Compression fittings on brake lines are illegal in most (if not all) states. Not sure about Canada.

To do it right, you need to double flare the ends.

snow's not too deep to keep us out of the woods yet. here's the zj with the rear d44 in and 33's on.

nice

18. #18 started longarms 
    all search, no questions got me this far..... thx pirate4x4 and mallcrawlin.com. webwheelin at it's finest, hopefully i'll wind up with a suspension that works first time out and is suited to one ton axles and more lift in the future. I've tried to incorporate adjustability for wheelbase and lift height in the arm mounting locations. and have adjustable anti-squat. <----hopefully! i'll put up some pics and dims and see what you guys think in a few days. need a little help with the rear upper link mounts.

and as much as this is a fun fab project, it is also to address the soft unibody. i've ripped off the rear upper uca mounts 4 times since x-mas, and haven't been able to get on my rig since i got new rubber and a locker. everytime, it just ripps the fawking uca mounts out.

i bought a dumb car to drive to work. it's white and has no lift.

yeah, they are square. yu gotta problem wit dat? ;D
    looked a lot at Kraqa's set-up.

beginnings of belly-up skid and trans cross member unit.

subframe:

lots more to do. front radius arm, rear upper adjustable links, the subframe for the other side, finish the skid/crossmember. and get the subframe fitted and welded in.

rear will be 5-link, front will be 3-link, radius arm style.

keeping 33's and same lift directly after arms are done. then need to find some rims for michelin XL 36x9x16. when i get those, i'll throw some 2" spacers in. it's lifted with just coils right now, room to grow.

wb is at 110" now over stock 106". this new set-up will let me move the front forward another 4". and the rear can go back once the gas tank gets moved. rear is already +4"wb.

long arms are done and wheeled upon. Annapolis Valley Jeep Jam. missed the first day due to a fucking blown fuse, but had a really good time otherwise. the zj worked awesome. the trail is called Ghost Train, it parallels a 200yo abandonded rail line. dry with rocks stickin out. We've had crazy amounts of rain here lately, so it was nice to be able to stay out of the mud.

couple of ramp pics. i'm running limiting straps, it's setup for 4.5" lift right now. it will easily flex more than this.

trail shots

more pics

the red zj has dual arb's. it's low, but dude was getting used to the v8, so it was a good show.

non-zj, but cool. hp60/14bolt. coilovers.

literally pulled the zj out of the garage after a 2.5 month build, drove around the block to see if it deathwobbled, then 2.5hr drive to the valley to wheel for the weekend. what a blast!

ps: don't use the diagnostic 12v supply in the drivers footwell to power anything. it has a 12v source, but if you blow the fuse, it kills fuel pump, ignition, trans controller, etc, etc. with 36 hours no sleep, it made me miss the first day of Jam. my own diagnosic skills weren't up to the task of figuring that one out!!!

Jan MacLean

looking good!
    ZJ 5.2 V8
    XJ 4.0 I6

Looks like everything came out great!

One question though: 2nd trail shots post - sixth pic down - what the hell happend to that steering?

Was wandering the exact same thing about that steering. WTF That sucks
    96 5.2 w/ stuff

it's just a bent tierod. it's wierd that it bent downwards, they usually go backwards into the diff.

we just took it off and one of our buddies 3 rigs back who owns truro-offroad.com sold him a brand new alumiflex from toys by troy. i installed it and away we went. 20 minutes. we had used spares, but dude just got off an oilrig, so he had 20 paychecks to blow. sometimes it's easier just to buy a new one.

I wish I had paychecks to blow. Jealousy.
    96 5.2 w/ stuff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information