Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Suspension gutted. - Page 9

Thread: Suspension gutted.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. #201 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Damn it Kraqa say something!!!!!!! j/k It was totally my fault they broke off. I was climbing about a 3 ft ledge with the driverside front about 2 ft of the ground and gave it way to much throttle. Drive shaft hit the ground broke the straps on the yoke and ripped the link mount off the axle. It wont happen again. We are going to raise my upper axle side mounts and box them in, as well as box my upper front link mounts on the body side. Cage will be going in and seats to. Plan on taking carpet and seats out for buggy seat and rhino lining. The rig seemed very stable, and like i said i was really surprised when the only time it almost did roll was back over front dropping from a 4 ft ledge just about straight down.

2. #202 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Nice carnage! Too bad about the coilover shafts though. That definitely sucks.

If you do rhino-line it, make sure you take the time to grind out all that wierd carpet glue thats plated to the floor. Its the one regret I have with mine. It discolors where that glue is.

3. #203 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Got the CO's rebuilt. Shit was a cake walk. Drive shaft will be back on Tuesday. And we are good to go. All I need now is replace the ferule for my front arb becuase the line was snapped. Ordering the tube for the cage monday and will have the interior gutted this weekend. Raised the mounts about an inch on the axle side mount for my front uppers and gusseted the hell out of them. I think Ryan did a dope job on these and look a ton more beef than the old ones. This weekend we plan to do some more plate work and gusseting. Hopefully have my pro-tools benders and die set by next week so we can pound out the cage. The cage will be extending threw the roof, so we will have a type of exo over the roof. Plus weld on beadlocks as well. Still a ton more work to do before EJS...................................

4. #204 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    Can't wait to see the cage work!
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

5. #205 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    You keep listing all my plans and dreams! Can't wait to see this thing in person! Have fun at EJS. If you need any help driving it, let me know!

6. #206 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Thanks guys. Got all of the interior gutted. DOM will be here tomorrow. And I will pick up my bender tomorrow as well. We went through and gussetd all of the CA mounts and plated the rear truss a bit. More painting to do, but it looks good. I am excited about getting the cage done. Sure is a ton of tube to do what I want though..

7. #207 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    A few more pics from TDS. Nothing to cool.

8. #208 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    Sweet.

Man I need to finish my shit...

9. #209 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Here are some pics of the cage. keep in mind it isn't done yet and we still have some more work to do. But it is coming together.. What do you guys think?

10. #210 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    you do you kraqa or someone will have to say MORE TRIANGLES
    8" RK/ Acos lift, rancho rs9000x shocks 32" extended, Claytons Longarms, with 38X12.5 TSLs, Custom Rear bumper, custom front bumper, Waggy D44 front 4.56's and Detroit locker with warn premium hubs and yukon alloys and 8 lug conversion, D70 out back with 4.56's and Welded, 242 transfer case, 1 Ton steering setup. Rhino lined interior, olive drab exterior, and PSC 1.75" hydro assist ram.

11. #211 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Quote Originally Posted by OverkillZJ
    Sweet.

Man I need to finish my shit...

Ummmm Ya!!!
    Im not crazy cuz i take the right pills every day

My Old ZJ

My Rover
    '74 Land Rover Series III 109 Ex Norwegian Military. Right now the only things holding it together are a few rust gremlins holding hands

12. #212 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Quote Originally Posted by 97trxuszj
    you do you kraqa or someone will have to say MORE TRIANGLES
    Like I said not done. If you noticed there is a main pillar that need to be set as well..... Leaving for EJS sunday. got our work cut out for us.

13. #213 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    right, hope you get it done. Its a very well built and awsome rig
    8" RK/ Acos lift, rancho rs9000x shocks 32" extended, Claytons Longarms, with 38X12.5 TSLs, Custom Rear bumper, custom front bumper, Waggy D44 front 4.56's and Detroit locker with warn premium hubs and yukon alloys and 8 lug conversion, D70 out back with 4.56's and Welded, 242 transfer case, 1 Ton steering setup. Rhino lined interior, olive drab exterior, and PSC 1.75" hydro assist ram.

14. #214 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. I know, still have the beadlocks to tackle, and a ton of cleanup work to do. I have a feeling saturday is going to be long...

15. #215 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Look's real good only problem is it is going to be hell getting in the front seats.

16. #216 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Looks like it but, it really isn't. They slip by. I know it is really minimal, but the headliner drives me nuts now. I need to take it out.

17. #217 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MUDDTRACKS
    Look's real good only problem is it is going to be hell getting in the front seats.
    it doesn't really look too bad. Same as the EOR cage and it doesn't really interfere when getting in and out.

The cage looks really good, is that 1.75 DOM? Are you going to tie the seats into the B-pillar X? (assuming you put one in there)
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

18. #218 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Senior Member GSSW Planner chadjans's Avatar
    You should have taken the headliner out. You could have tucked the roof bars closer to the roof. When is the b piler and x brace going in?

Chad

19. #219 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    How many sticks of DOM did you use? And it looks like 1 3/4". I'm still debating between 1 5/8" and 1 3/4" for mine..

20. #220 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Man, you don't waste any time! Looks awesome!

21. #221 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Thanks guys. 1.75 dom .125 wall. I bought 200 or so ft of 1.75 dom and 20 feet of 1.25 dom for handles. What we have done so far has used close to 100 ft or so. They came in 17 ft lengths. B-pillar and x-brace are going in this weeked. Leaving for moab sunday, hopefully. Sill got the weld on beadlocks to do. Allot of work to do still.

22. #222 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    good luck man

23. #223 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    So yeah, I am drunk right now, Just got back from Woodys tavern 4th day in a row. But did hellsgate and escalator today. Got some good video. Once I get a copy I will attach a link. Back to COORS dawgs!!!!!!!!!

24. #224 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy
    So yeah, I am drunk right now, Just got back from Woodys tavern 4th day in a row. But did hellsgate and escalator today. Got some good video. Once I get a copy I will attach a link. Back to COORS dawgs!!!!!!!!!

Wooooo HOOOOo!!!!
    I break stuff.

25. #225 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    EJS was fun. We finished the cage before I left and the rig did well. Like I said we did escalator and hell's gate. Ran Poison Spider Mesa, Hells Revenenge, Some of the Golden Spike Trail. Some of Metal Masher and got half way up Rusty Nail. I needed my beadlocks, I was running 15 PSI the whole trip. Learned allot about the rig and have a new round of changes to do. Still have the weld on bead locks to, going to lower the rig about 6" or so and get new springs to keep the same up and down travel I have now. Having no preload on the CO's makes for a noisy week. Some trimming to do, and an ATLAS to buy and install. WE will also be putting PRP buckets, and a PRP bench in the rear as well as rhino line the floor and remove headliner to rhino line there as well. I want to have the cage and hoops in the rear rhino lined as well. Another thing on my list is to get rid of the UNIT bearing hubs i have on my dodge front 60. I have done some reading about how the ball joints are the same verse a standard ford ball jointed 60. I am wondering if those knuckles might fit. Something I want to figure out. Buying the dynatrac kit is out of the question becuase it is so expensive. But the most exciting part of the trip is the intrest my wife is having. She wants a rig now. Once my build is done I am going to start a build for her. We already have a ZUK Sidekick so that is probably what i am going to build. Comp cut, atlas 4-linked like my rig front and rear, 16" sway a way's, full widths or toy axles. Basically same crap as my rig but smaller, and probably more capabale. That is the funny thing.

Thread Information