Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Suspension gutted. - Page 10

Thread: Suspension gutted.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. #226 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Here is a look at the new beadlocks.

2. #227 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Nice wheels... and 450R!

3. #228 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Thanks. Bought the trx450er for the wife.

4. #229 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Swaped out the rear coils to the front and with the preload adjusted the zj sits an inch lower. Ryan also welded up the rest of the beadlocks. We are 5 for 5 with no leaks. I still want to get it down another 4" so we are going to extend the tabs for the shock mounts. I also am going to run a little lighter springs in the rear.

I will end up with 250 over 300 in the front and 200 over 250 in the rear. It should put me right where I want to be and have some preload adjustment back.

5. #230 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Got the springs all swapped and the truck dropped a couple inches with that. I expect a little more with some spring sag as well. So I am now running hte 250/300's in the front and 150/300's in the rear. We will see how it does, but I think I am going to be happy with how it sits now. In case you are wondering the tops are measure 14" and the bottoms measure 18".

6. #231 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter ogdak's Avatar
    nice pic
    Jeep ZJ 5.2Ltd '94 "To much to do"
    Build
    Dutch version
    Picture's off events we went to

7. #232 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Thanks ogdak.....

Fits in the garage now. Another bonus..

8. #233 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    I haven't posted these yet since Ryan fixed the front 4-link. But here is the new front mounts after the break at TDS. Main coolant hose ruptured today on a mission for milk and tortillas.

Last edited by Tommy; 06-14-2006 at 12:36 AM.

9. #234 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Are those longfield or rockstomper beadlocks? Got mine done last week but didn't get so lucky so 3 are getting dismounted for leak repair .. Looking good though, still sitting WAYYYYY tall..

10. #235 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ
    Are those longfield or rockstomper beadlocks? Got mine done last week but didn't get so lucky so 3 are getting dismounted for leak repair .. Looking good though, still sitting WAYYYYY tall..

Neither, they are weld on beadlocks from Great Lakes Offroad. Bought them off Ebay. For all 5 including the cost of rims and hardware I am in a set of beadlocks for $660.00. With 0 leaks. Hats off to Ryan for welding them up for me.

And as far as it being tall still, it is down like 6" since I brought it down from the shop. If it needs to go down anymore maybe 3". I am going to take it out and see how it feels with the new spring rates. I am planning a trip to four dyce in sept. If it needs anything it needs swaybars, and an atlas....
    Last edited by Tommy; 06-14-2006 at 10:44 AM.

11. #236 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Spaking of swaybars. I am looking at setting up currie antirock swaybars front and rear. When I set these up does it matter if the arms for the sway bars are set inboard or outbaord of my CO's?

12. #237 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Now that I think about it. The question above was dumb. They would have to be setup inboard of the CO's. Now I just need to measure.

13. #238 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Looking great Tommy.

14. #239 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Ah yes, GLO, but 660? damn, I did my set of 5 for 230(rings)+ 30(hardware)+120(rims)= $370.. Did you buy your bolts from ace hardware individually or something?

Are you just dead set against trimming it? Seems like your COG would be murder on the trails with the body up so high like that with the cage and spare in it..

15. #240 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ
    Ah yes, GLO, but 660? damn, I did my set of 5 for 230(rings)+ 30(hardware)+120(rims)= $370.. Did you buy your bolts from ace hardware individually or something?

Are you just dead set against trimming it? Seems like your COG would be murder on the trails with the body up so high like that with the cage and spare in it..

The rims were close to $70 a piece from 4wheel parts and I bought 5= $350 $250 for the rings and another $40 for hardware. So $640, I had bought a few other things from the hardware store. All the bolts and nylock nuts were bought from Hanks Hardware in Temecula. And by the way your beads look sick. There are 24 bolts per rim on those? It was kinda hard to count. Mine are 32 per rim.

Not dead set at all about not trimming it doesn't bother me. The front is already trimmed some from when I was running 35's on the short arms. But I have yet to really feel like I am going to go over except for once at TDS and that was back over front becuase I dropped down a decent ledge..

Similar rims on 4wheelparts website right now:
    16x10 Size 8-6.5 Bolt Pattern 4" Back Spacing
    PCW97-6181
    $85.25$80.99
    Last edited by Tommy; 06-14-2006 at 08:18 PM.

16. #241 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Hey ATL. Can you do me a favor. Pick a spot on your zj. And take a measurment. I am curious to how much higher mine is than yours. I am guessing 6" from just looking at pics. Maybe the door handle...

17. #242 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Aw man I wish you had asked on here, I bought steel wheels from US WHEEL through summit in a custom backspacing for 25.99 a piece shipped. Plus the 10 dollar or so handling fee.. Next time, or to anyone reading this, just call their 800 number and ask for Ethan, he will get you what you need at an awesome price.

Yeah I think the beadlocks turned out pretty nice, I had to go ahead and get them when I saw what they looked like for the price they were asking. They're 24 bolts per rim without an anticoning ring and drop inside the wheel lip. OffroadOverstock.com if anyone is wondering..

That's a good idea to measure, I'm curious too.. I'll get you a measurement from bottom of the front edge of the rear door handle to the ground as soon as I get the tires back on and the heep at ride height.
    Last edited by ATL ZJ; 06-14-2006 at 09:49 PM.

18. #243 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    That was a damn good price. Nice work. Thanks for getting the measurment when you get a chance....

19. #244 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    52 inches from front edge of the door handle bottom to the ground.. whadda you got?

20. #245 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    57" inches from front edge of the door handle bottom to the ground... Thanks ATL...

21. #246 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    After a couple trips to miller and driving around the springs have sagged to about where I wanted the ZJ to be. I am currently at 55" inches from front edge of the door handle bottom to the ground. This thing is down a ton from when I first brought it home.

22. #247 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Due to my trip to Fordyce I busted a few things suspension related components. I need to rebuild to lower controls arms, passenger front and passenger rear. I had the upper control arm mount on the passneger side rip half way off as well. See below. I started to cut all the tabs, gussets, and what not for the new upper mounts today. I will be redoing both sides a little differently. I will be posting some pics as I get a little further along, and when i get them complete. I plan on not having these break again........... LOL. I also plan on chopping up the doors for some half doors.

23. #248 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    I heven't tac'd these up yet, but this is an idea of how I am setting up these new mounts. I still have a couple more pieces to cut and it will be boxed as well so you wont really see all the tabs I have made. It will be welded to a sleeve I already have on the unibody.

24. #249 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Once I get my welder setup I will be fixing this. But here is an idea of how mu7ch the rear has shifted. Probably about 4" to the left.

Last edited by Tommy; 01-23-2007 at 02:02 AM.

25. #250 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Well that is a shitty pic. You cant even see, anyways it is............

You can kinda see the CO's angled differently.

Thread Information