Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Suspension gutted. - Page 13

Thread: Suspension gutted.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. #301 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Quote Originally Posted by JTJeepen98 View Post
    SORRY GUYS, I can't post treads and this is the only way I know how to ask. So anyways, How big of a lift do I NEED TO RUN 35's? What do you guys recommend for the lift? PLEASE HELP.

Can we please get this smiley?
    Poetry in commotion.

2. #302 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    SORRY GUYS, I can't post treads and this is the only way I know how to ask. So anyways, How big of a lift do I NEED TO RUN 35's? What do you guys recommend for the lift? PLEASE HELP.

You can start your own thread in Newbie Tech. But questions like that are pretty dumb and you can easily find your answer by searching and reading the archives.

Any of your future hijacks will be deleted, and if it continues other action may be taken.

3. #303 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Like I had said I can't post my own, and yes your right kindda shitty of me.
    Obviously, you're a member of these forums so you have been prompted to read the rules. I suggest you do so. These rules clearly state that this is not a forum for dumbass questions like that. Go to JU or NAGCA, or use the SEARCH function, it's very easy. You can post, but not in tech forums. This means Chit Chat, General Grand Talk, Newbie Tech, and Repair Shop (I think) are where you'll be spending your time.

You don't like it, GTFO
    Poetry in commotion.

4. #304 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    I haven't posted in this thread for some time. Looks like I will start it back up. ZJ has been taking a beating the past few months and especially this saturday.

Here are the plans.

I need to fab up all new lowers with 1.25 heims. Move the lower mounts to the top of the axles. New shock hoops, and lower rig about 4" with some slight fender modifications. My TR bumpers, and gas tank skid will be for sale as well as what is left of my ORGS sliders..... 41" IROK radials, and I want to find a high pinion 60 for the front.

I want to get this done by EJS..... Lets see what happens.
    Last edited by Tommy; 07-01-2008 at 12:46 PM.

5. #305 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    first dibs on the bumpers!
    93' ZJ 4.7L STROKER, Clayton LONGARMS, 4wd conversion, 231 SYE, HPD30, 8.8, BFG 35's, 2000 manifold & injectors, Hesco fpr, Port & polish, LS1 valves, WJ Steering/brakes, KOR SliderZ & steering box brace, Clayton TB bracket and my custom trackbar, Crane ignition, B&M cooler, Tom Woods, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    We're all insane here...

6. #306 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I want to find a high pinion 60 for the front.

I thought you were running the HP60 ? Hmmm

I guess no Fordyce run huh ?
    Solid HP60 40 Spline 300M shafts
    Built 14B. 40 Spline 300M shafts

Quote Originally Posted by DankNesS
    MallCrawlin is like the mafia... if someone doesnt vouch for you then they just rip into you on every post

7. #307 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Cody's Avatar
    seems like he was running one of those vacuum disconnect dodge 60's....but I don't remember if they are HP or not. I'm assuming not since he is in search of one.

I'm not sure how you are going to get any sort of useful separation of those links if you mount the LCA's to the top of the axle. Really, you just need them to not be lower than the bottom of the tube, and then you could push the front end forward enough to build some tall UCA mounts on the axle side.

as for lowering 4", I'll never be against that. less is almost always more.

1.25" heims are strong, but make sure you don't get cheap ones from some ag store. I ran them and htey held up well, but I don't think I would run them on a DD rig. I'm pretty partial to the Tera joints for a rig that sees DD action, but there are a handful of other pretty stout joints out there these days.
    Resident hater of tall lifts, dana 44's, 4.0's, stingers, exo cages, and ZJ tow rigs....and the word "overlanding"

8. #308 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Yep, I currently have the vacum discconected dodge d60. It has done me well and this is the first time I have had a break. 2 years of wheeling.... Even with the posi-loc cable actuated shift fork deal. I could just replace the shaft and keep running the hell out of it.

Has far as the heims are concerened they are going to be expensive. I will either buy them from Kartek on Blue Torch. All new bungs, misalignments spacers and the needed bolts and nylocks from a local hardware store here.

With regards to the separation in the links. I see what you are talking about....

Fordyce is not looking good right now...

9. #309 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    I dont mean to be a downer but CA mounts on the top of the axle isnt the best of ideas. Lower arms have a lot of stress on them. By putting mounts on the top of the axle you are introducing the mounts to rotational stress and torque whereas mounts on the front of the axle (assuming we are talking rear axle) the brackets would only have planar lateral loads front and rear put on them. Theres a good chance by putting mounts on top of the axle if you wheel hard you could shear them off.
    Josh

98 XJ low and slow on 35s

http://www.rok-freekz.com

10. #310 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Senior Member GSSW Planner chadjans's Avatar
    Man you web wheelers kill me sometimes. If you maintain your vertical seperation between lower and upper mounts it doesn't matter where you put them. Run you lowers on top or in front of your tubes. To raise your uppers build a taller bridge / truss. Maintain atleast 8 inches of seperation and go wheeling. There are plenty of people running arms in front or on top of tubes and have yet to see a mount rip off due soley to this location.

11. #311 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Cody's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chadjans View Post
    Man you web wheelers kill me sometimes.
    Is it legal for the worlds ultimate web wheeler to call someone else out on web wheelin? It's like rainman calling hellen keller a retard.

Maybe you guys can get together and throw keyboards at each other.

as for the problem at hand, I don't think anyone (other that Kirsch) was saying you couldn't put the lowers up there....my point was it would be a pain in the ass to try and find a place to fit the uppers when they have to be 6-10" above the lowers and teh lower are already on top of the axle. There isn't exactly a glut of room between hp60 and ZJ motor.
    Last edited by Cody; 07-01-2008 at 06:26 PM.
    Resident hater of tall lifts, dana 44's, 4.0's, stingers, exo cages, and ZJ tow rigs....and the word "overlanding"

12. #312 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Senior Member GSSW Planner chadjans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Is it legal for the worlds ultimate web wheeler to call someone else out on web wheelin? It's like rainman calling hellen keller a retard.
    I spend more time in the garage working on my junk then talking about it on the internet. Just wish I could get wheelin.

13. #313 Re: Suspension gutted. 

Cody
    Solid HP60 40 Spline 300M shafts
    Built 14B. 40 Spline 300M shafts

Quote Originally Posted by DankNesS
    MallCrawlin is like the mafia... if someone doesnt vouch for you then they just rip into you on every post

14. #314 Re: Suspension gutted. 

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to Cody again."

15. #315 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    A little travel....

16. #316 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Nice man. I guess that rear quarter panel protection never happened? you need SOMETHING back there, damn yours is beat up!
    95 Rubicon ZJ-60/14b-40" LTBs on 17" ORO beadlocks-full hydro
    Uber one Ton ZJ Tech
    PSC Full Hydro Tech for ZJ
    Crawler Ready Motor Mount Install

17. #317 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Yeah, I know... I feel like an a$$. The guy I had lined up couldn't do it...

I need to figure something out.

Stuck...

Last edited by Tommy; 07-07-2008 at 01:46 PM.

18. #318 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Fack old thread but damn. Im no web wheeler just throwing out my 2 f'in cents. If you guys dont like it i dont care. I did my own work on my own jeep. Also am an engineering student at RPI. I guess i dont know anything about stress or torque right.....? How many of you have your Lower CA mounts on the top of your axle?
    Josh

19. #319 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    what the fuck are you asking?
    This person should be taken as seriously as a heart attack while piloting a zeppelin over a bacon factory, which is the most serious of heart attacks, because if that zeppelin crashes into that bacon factory all of us will be without bacon and that simply will not do.

20. #320 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsch98ZJ View Post
    Fack old thread but damn. Im no web wheeler just throwing out my 2 f'in cents. If you guys dont like it i dont care. I did my own work on my own jeep. Also am an engineering student at RPI. I guess i dont know anything about stress or torque right.....? How many of you have your Lower CA mounts on the top of your axle?
    What the hell, do you want a cookie or something?

21. #321 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Nope just saw that someone commented and literally called me a retard bc of my post here. I dont call anyone else out on here for their opinion. I was just voicing my opinion since everyone else can and seems to think its cool to flame you if youre opinion doesnt coincide with theirs. Too many around here have web cojones..... It is an old topic but if you read back youll understand my post, dont want a cookie or anything of the sort just venting.
    Josh

22. #322 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    No one called you a retard... it was an analogy of you and Chad.

Take your e-ego and get out if you can't take some criticism.

Kirsch, your post was worth it, I think it was just a bit misunderstood. Chad was just saying that you COULD run the lower mounts on top of the tube, as long as you have enough vertical seperation between the upper and lower arm mounts.

I don't recall who mentioned it above, but there could definitely be clearance issues either way. The oil pan gets closer and closer...
    Krash80: And my trailer weighs 8,000 lbs empty.
    CurtP: What does your house have to do with any of this?

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much, it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.
    ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

23. #323 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Someone didnt call me in the retard in the thread, someone reviewed my post and commented "retard" Its cool though. I was just trying to contribute to the thread......
    Josh

24. #324 Re: Suspension gutted. 
    Admin
    It would be "cool" if you weren't acting like a butthurt idiot over some rep comment in someone elses thread..

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
Thread Information