Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Here's mine

Thread: Here's mine

1. #1 Here's mine 
    Well it isn't alot but it has come along way in the last year.

3.5" RE lift with 1.75" spacers, 32" BFG MT's, Lockrite in the D35, custom front bumper, Warn M8000 winch with plasma rope, beefier steering from a 98 V8 ZJ, Warn Diff cover, gas tank skid with shackle bracket and D-ring, 57 series KC lights, rocker protection being made, and custom heat reduction vents lol.

2. #2 ZJ pic 
    I had to throw that poser pic in but here's one of it cleaned up a bit...

nice jeep. hows the lock right hold up in the d35 with 32's? break shafts much?

It has held up great, only had it about 6 months but I have been on plenty of trail runs since I got it and it does exactly what it is supposed to and with no problems so far. I carry spare axle shafts but haven't ever had one break which is impressive since I can be pretty hard on them at times.

I just gave it that special touch when I installed it haha. :roll:

Meat- Take that damn tire off the roof. Or do you need to see the video of me pinned upside down in my rig again? Sure your not gonna take the lines I did and do but if you go over with that tire up there....smoosh.

Eska was made for Jeep Pictures. That is really nice.
    "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to the countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process. The responsibility of the United States in this conflict is to eliminate weapons of mass destruction, to minimize the danger to our troops and to diminish the suffering of the Iraqi peole." - Nancy Pelosi circa 1998

And your rebuttal Ms. Communist bitch?

Tire on roof BAAD. Brent proved that. That's for kids in highschool with the stock tire on the roof, and 30"s on the Jeep

Jeep looks good though. I remember when mine was that purdy.
    1994 ZJ w/ 5" body lift and 33" Thornbirds

I thought this ramp was for exhaust work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska ZJ
    Meat- Take that damn tire off the roof. Or do you need to see the video of me pinned upside down in my rig again? Sure your not gonna take the lines I did and do but if you go over with that tire up there....smoosh.

Eska was made for Jeep Pictures. That is really nice.
    I haven't seen it.. I wanna see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody
    Make it, Break it, Roll it.
    Cody
    Not necessarily in that order.
    All of which ends in a Beer celebration or Beer Grieving.

I can't find it...seems as the place that was hosting it deleted it from the archives.
    "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to the countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process. The responsibility of the United States in this conflict is to eliminate weapons of mass destruction, to minimize the danger to our troops and to diminish the suffering of the Iraqi peole." - Nancy Pelosi circa 1998

10. #10 tire 
    I don't put the tire on the roof for looks, I mean come on it's a 50% tread AT not a swamper. I do it to save room cause I have a big rubbermaid spare parts container back there with my tool box and usually I have camping gear and such too, I basically can't take much with me if I have that laying on the floor in the back.

I thought this ramp was for exhaust work.
    Take out the back seats. Cut the seat supports out, and it'll quadruple your storage. I had the same problem, but after I did that, I've more space than I need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody
    Make it, Break it, Roll it.
    Cody
    Not necessarily in that order.
    All of which ends in a Beer celebration or Beer Grieving.

if the spare is that small just put it in the stock location its not a 12.5 is it? surely you have that much space in there?
    other wise wee need a pic of your cargo area for orginizational pointers hehe.

AK find that video..... :lol:
    04 Rocky Mountain - 242, 4.0 - Stock for now
    ZJIpsomatic @ NAGCA

13. #13 tire 
    The spare is a 32x11.5 and I had it in the stock location standing up for a while, I used ratchet straps to hold it there but with all the bouncing around on the trails it tore the little stock hooks for tie downs out of the plastic on the inside of the jeep. I left it back there for a while without it being tied down but it just made to much noise while rolling around. I thought about taking the seats out but there have been plenty of times that I have used them when people wanted to go on a trail ride and didn't have a 4x4 or it wasn't quite trail ready. As soon as I get CA drop brackets I will be going with 33x12.5's so it will be an even bigger pain in the ass to put it in the back. Oh well atleast we aren't driving TJ's or we'd be really fawked.

Yeah you guys need to see the video of him rolling it, Brennt gets a little scrape on his hand and then he starts screaming and crying, it's great just kidding you took that shit like a man I would have been screaming like a little girl if the windshield crushed my hand.

If you want to know my ghetto fabulous full size (33 x 12.5) mounting for the spare, I'll tell you. Originally I used a ratchet strap on the stock spare mount, and attached one end to the floor loops. That quickly busted out when things got rough. So I decided to run one end of the ratchet strap to the rear seatbelt mounting point, and one end to the stock spare mount loop which is plenty strong. I haven't had any problems yet nor do I anticipate any. I'm also able to squeeze a full size spare in there, at normal pressure.

I've been thinking about drilling into the floor and installing some high strength tiedown loops in the back to hold things down, too. Just gotta find a spot in the floor that's strong and not above anything crucial. Tired of hearing my toolbox rattling dammit!
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ
    it's a hobby that rarely makes good financial sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaska ZJ
    I can proudly say that I am one of the "OG's" of mutilating a perfectly good luxury SUV.
    1996 V8, Claytons, HP30/D44a locked, ARB, winch, WJ brakes and high steer, 33s, some body damage.

15. #15 Re: tire 
    Quote Originally Posted by 95 ZJ
    Yeah you guys need to see the video of him rolling it, Brennt gets a little scrape on his hand and then he starts screaming and crying, it's great just kidding you took that shit like a man I would have been screaming like a little girl if the windshield crushed my hand.
    Well I almost did scream when Chris started prying on my fingers with that crowbar. I think he busted one when he did that, or atleast strained the bone really bad cuz it hurt and wouldn't move for few weeks. Oh well, it's only a finger, I have 9 more. It is kinda freaky to watch your fingers turn purple right in front of you though.....

Why do you guys need ratchet straps for your spares in the stock location? I just cut the stock hold down in half and welded in an extension on Cristi's Jeep. Then put it through a lug hole with a nut to secure it. We did this with up to a 32" or 33" spare.

Corey

Quote Originally Posted by JpRngr
    Why do you guys need ratchet straps for your spares in the stock location? I just cut the stock hold down in half and welded in an extension on Cristi's Jeep. Then put it through a lug hole with a nut to secure it. We did this with up to a 32" or 33" spare.

Corey
    Me too. Holds the 33" MT/R spare in my WJ just fine. And I carry lot of stuff back there with it.

Jim
    White 2002 WJ Ltd (aka The Geezer), 4.7L V8, Dynatrac 44 front/60 rear, ARB Lockers, 4.56 gears, 3.8 Atlas II, Clayton's Long Arms, Valley Springs, 33" MT/Rs, Roll Cage. http://community.webshots.com/user/jpmtx
    Semper Fi

Thread Information