Thread: 1 Tone Stearing TRE Part #'s

1. #1 1 Tone Stearing TRE Part #'s 
    Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    ok, just as the title sais.

i went to the local parts store and they just gave me there moog parts book. so i did a bit of reasurch and cameup with these. they are actually 1 ton not like theother part numbers floating around here.

DS1285-RH Connecting Tie rod end (the one the drag link connects to) Chevy 2000-1991 3500 HD
    ES3185L-LH outer tie rod. (you would use two of these) Chevy 2000-1991 3500 HD
    ES414R-RH Inner Tie rod end (Pitman arm side, has a bend in the tie rod and high mis-allignment) Ford F350 1979-1967

this is the stearing that i will be using. it is a true 1 ton and i will do a complete write up when i'm done. just thought i'd keep you all posted.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

Lets see some pics I want to see if they are any bigger and what are the threads on them.
    hp30, 8.8, long arms, chevy steering, 6" lift, 35 mtrs, 231, locked SOLD

Crap I just bought the 7/8" x 18 tpi jam nuts and threaded inserts from Poison Spyder. I'm hoping they're the same OD, but I doubt it. Any opinions on whether there would be a benefit of going with the 1 ton stuff over the 3/4 ton? This will just be with 35s for a while.

You will be fine with the 3/4 stuff.....Kraqa is just on a quest for true 1 ton parts I think.
    "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to the countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process. The responsibility of the United States in this conflict is to eliminate weapons of mass destruction, to minimize the danger to our troops and to diminish the suffering of the Iraqi peole." - Nancy Pelosi circa 1998

And your rebuttal Ms. Communist bitch?

Pinch Yo Sack Pimp MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    well, for some reason i can't find the specifications on the 1 ton TRE's. i will keep looking and keep you posted.

you will be fine with the 3/4 ton stuff. i am doing this for tech reasons because i think it is good to have true 1 ton stearing info on this board.
    EPIC POLYMER RACING
    Toyo Tires Offroad Race Team | EMF Rod Ends | Big Country Customs | Mulitia Muffler | VancouverWaterjet.com | Epic Polymer
    EPIC POLYMER RACING ULTRA 4 Buggy Build WJ Grand Cherokee

sorry to be an idiot- but this is like the 3rd 1 ton steering topic- good job on finding correct part numbers for true 1 ton- but my question is this- why the hell not just run good self lube heim's? they are strong, simple, pretty cost effective- the best part- you dont have to dick around with a $100 tapered reamer that you will only be guarenteed to use 4 times :roll:
    [__] ||||||||| [__]

85 and sunny

Quote Originally Posted by Kraqa
    Phone numbers in canada are, Area code: (hoockey stick) blocker, helmet, puck- blocker, blocker, zambony, wayne gretsky.

Picked up the 3/4 ton stuff today and started reaming the passenger side TRE for the draglink TRE. I do realize that the 3/4 ton stuff should be plenty sufficient with 35s.

What specs are you looking for Kraqa? The thread diameter and tpi? I assume they use the same taper. I guess I'll have to wait for the writeup

Thread Information