Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Alaska Extreme 4x4 World Tour - Page 2

Thread: Alaska Extreme 4x4 World Tour

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody
    I think that would be a fun trip. I probably would bow out of Bend and just take i 80 back home, but who knows.

As for the beer drinking shoes, that won't be a problem. I'm by no means a professional, but I've been known to toss down a 30 pack in a given day/eve.

Cody
    If you can drink 30 of the beers we will be hauling around you need to check into a rehap or hospital. This ain't gonna be your Utah water boy, this is real beer. 4-6 and I am on my ass (wich was about a year ago, but I have a super low tolerance) In your state it would qualify for barley wine I think...........10+%
    "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to the countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process. The responsibility of the United States in this conflict is to eliminate weapons of mass destruction, to minimize the danger to our troops and to diminish the suffering of the Iraqi peole." - Nancy Pelosi circa 1998

And your rebuttal Ms. Communist bitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska ZJ
    Can you still swim in Spyder? Where else would a guy camp while on the trail? We are making shit kits in prep for the trip...lol.
    You want to run the Rubi with us?
    Spider Lake, and the surrounding area, is closed to all access for the 120 day period. Little Sluice, and the rest of the trail is open.

You can camp anywhere you wish along the trail, provided it's not ON the trail or in a so-posted restricted area (Spider area, Pleasant Meadow, etc.). The only caveat to that is at Rubicon Springs you pay a camping fee.

Buck Island Lake is a better lake for swimming anyway, IMHO. The only bummer about it is it doesn't give you the same that Spider does for a winchline slide.

This year as an exception, I'm out there several times per year. Provided my schedule allows I'll schedule a trip to meet you guys.

If I can work in out in my plans {which should not be a problem} I may follow you up and run the rubi with you also.
    00TJ, 37's, air locked, shaved Hp60/44, antirocks front and rear yadayadyada

Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Cody's Avatar

If you can drink 30 of the beers we will be hauling around you need to check into a rehap or hospital. This ain't gonna be your Utah water boy, this is real beer. 4-6 and I am on my ass (wich was about a year ago, but I have a super low tolerance) In your state it would qualify for barley wine I think...........10+%
    Yeah, it's probably a little bit stronger. I drink a lot of micro brews which are 4% or higher.

However, my record for beer consumption was 41 in a 12 hour period, and those were Arizona beers. It was mostly Bud Light which may have a lower percentage than they list, and it was in my drinking prime, and it was spring break, and I was really shit-canned all day. I don't think I've eclipsed the 20 mark this year so I've slowed down. Just can't handle the mornings anymore.

Cody

I'm in for this, especially for the drinking comp that just got formed. I'm game.
    1994 ZJ w/ 5" body lift and 33" Thornbirds

Quote Originally Posted by GetoZJ
    I'm in for this, especially for the drinking comp that just got formed. I'm game.
    To bad your not invited. lol.

To clear things up this is not a GS or anything like that. It is my Club in Alaska coming to the lower 48 to wheel the big name trails. We are more than welcoming to all but I must say that we are going to accomplish this trip come hell or high water. We will probably not wait for you if your late without a reason and our time and money is all being funneled into this trip. I am sure you all understand that.

As for the drinking game. That won't happen. It was just a little smack talk to Cody. We are not all that rowdy of a crowd. We will all have our families with us. Think Campfire, a few beers, lots of shit talking. Anything more than that and someone will come wake me up to regulate. For the few who have been on that end of my Irishness it sucks, for both of us.
    "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to the countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process. The responsibility of the United States in this conflict is to eliminate weapons of mass destruction, to minimize the danger to our troops and to diminish the suffering of the Iraqi peole." - Nancy Pelosi circa 1998

[ Think Campfire, a few beers, lots of shit talking. Anything more than that and someone will come wake me up to regulate. For the few who have been on that end of my Irishness it sucks, for both of us.
    Brent--
    This is exactly how are JV trips go. Very Mellow, good food around the fire, good friends and lots of tall tale talking. 80% of our JV group does not even drink period. I do a little. We camp far from the partiers and dont want to put up with the noise or stupidity. Check out our local board if you like.
    http://www.jeepbbs.net/forums/index....9d64752c77a624

My friend Blaine has some great JV pics here:
    http://www.justaddrocks.com/
    00TJ, 37's, air locked, shaved Hp60/44, antirocks front and rear yadayadyada

Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner JohnBoulderCO's Avatar
    [/quote]For the few who have been on that end of my Irishness it sucks, for both of us.[/quote]

LOL, that's a good one. You saying you aren't a happy drunk?

Being 1/2 Irish and 1/2 German myself, I find a have a genetic defect.
    I have to drink or I will die.
    WJ, 4.7, Clayton's Front, Double Triangulated Rear, 231HD, HP44, 8.8, ARBs, TR Bumpers, Hydro Assist, 35's, Cage
    Lambo Doors - tweaked unibody
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8532

Should be a good time.

I wish I was more setup with a bigger Jeep, tow rig/camper and a trailer, but that won't happen.

Hmm.... maybe I can run 5 Star while Kurt and Dan are gone?

10. #35 trip 
    Nate running 5 Star is a scary thought, some ricer would come in wanting a bumble bee muffler and you'd weld him a coffee can to his tail pipe.

I would kill to have a nice enough set up and the cash flow to join the trip down there, I bet there will be memories and laughs that last for years with the set of misfits that are currently attending.

Damn, that dodge is just ugly. Lots of hard work for such a strange looking thing! I would love to guide ya'll through the rubicon. Not that you would really need it or anything. If it was me I would camp around the Wentworth Springs enterance and skip the loon lake side. Depending on the days there can be alot of people around the loon lake side. Plus I really like the Wentworth springs side is is a fun part of the trail.

Yah ain't Dan's thing pretty crazy looking. I like it.

He is in the process of lowering the body 6-8 more inches. He has to go full hydro steering because right now the steering shaft almost hits the distributor.....lol

Dan is a great guy. Big ol teddy bear.

We will look into your suggestions about camping. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GetoZJ
    To bad your not invited. lol.

To clear things up this is not a GS or anything like that. It is my Club in Alaska coming to the lower 48 to wheel the big name trails. We are more than welcoming to all but I must say that we are going to accomplish this trip come hell or high water. We will probably not wait for you if your late without a reason and our time and money is all being funneled into this trip. I am sure you all understand that.

As for the drinking game. That won't happen. It was just a little smack talk to Cody. We are not all that rowdy of a crowd. We will all have our families with us. Think Campfire, a few beers, lots of shit talking. Anything more than that and someone will come wake me up to regulate. For the few who have been on that end of my Irishness it sucks, for both of us.

Sounds like alot of bullshit to cover up the fact you can't hang with the "little" guys, fawker
    1994 ZJ w/ 5" body lift and 33" Thornbirds

I'm in the process of beginning to solidify the plans for Moab 2005. Right now it's just me and my father-in-law (no 4 wheel drive). At the very most I may have 2 more coming with me (the red TJ on rockwells and the green YJ on rockwells in my pictures from Tellico).

AlaskaZJ, what dates will you be in Moab and who is trail leading for you? Would you mind if I came along with your group or is it getting too big?
    Cody and/or others available to show some east-coasters around... I'd like to go ahead and start making some plans so let me know if/when you're available so I can request the time off and invite the other 2 club members with solid dates.

You tell me man.
    I don't have to worry about getting time off until next year and beisides, moab is like 3 hours from my house so it's not like it takes a week off for me to head down there.

I'm thinking that I may try and tag along with the group to JV and the Con, assuming they don't mind. I don't want to be an uninvited guest.

Cody

We will be there the last week of September to the first week of October.

We are kinda doing it late because me friends that are in AK and are not climatized will surely die in the heat. I had a bit of a rough time in Moab with the heat and it was Unuasually cool during GSW I guess.

You are more than welcome to ride along with us. I will defer to Codie's Judgement on the appropriate group size, but there is always more than one trail to be had.

Cody you are welcome to go JV and Rubi. The guys are leaving it up to me to vouch for you. So that means if they don't like you....We will both get a dirty sanchez while we sleep most likely.

Thanks Cody and Alaska. I'm headed up to Paragon this weekend with the red TJ and green YJ and will discuss the trip with them. I'll let you all know more a later date.

Assuming I have a rig and have no other major scheduling conflicts, I'm going to plan on the con and JV with ya'll.

As for Moab, I'm not super worried about this group. I doubt there will need to be much baby-sitting on the trails so we ought to move pretty fast.

Cody

I'm spending most of next summer on the Rubicon... Chase "the winer" is down for the Con if you guys head out this way.

http://www.akfabshop.com/movies/fatbastard.wmv

These are the bastards you are volunteering to associate with. You know your in for a treat when all you hear is laughter when Fat Bastard about sends himself into orbit.

OK Alaska and Cody. I've requested September 17th through October 9th off from work and my father in law has shut down his dental practice for that time too. We'll be heading out and going to Moab FIRST. I anticipate that we'll spend about 3-4 days at Moab and then head down to AZ and possibly NM or CO to wheel and fish.

That puts us in Moab around the 20-22 of Sept. Alaska, according to your schedule it doesn't look like you'll be there until the last week in Sept. Will you be arriving there then or is that when you leave your place?

Cody, is that time OK for you or should I try to re-arrange our trip schedule?

well, It depends on what Alaska has goin on. I was planning on tagging along with their group after moab, assuming Moab is the first leg of their tour. If your trip is a few weeks after that trip, I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to get a couple days off to head to moab.

My best advice is plan the trip for what times work best for you, and I'll do my best to be there. If it could hit the same time as Alaska's trip, that would be best so that way I don't have to ask for a ton of time off really close together.

Worst case, there are always SLC locals down there on the weekends. I'm sure I could find you a good trail guide if I was unable to make it. I hope you understand that it's just difficult to set things into stone this far in advance as I should start trying to be responsible and find a real job sometime in the near future.

Cody

That's cool Cody. I figured that if you weren't available we should be able to find some locals.

We'll set things straight when the time gets closer - besides, I'm on a big project right now at work that may not end before then anyway. But there's only a small chance that it won't be done by then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information