Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
98 ZJ - Built to go not to show - $4500

Thread: 98 ZJ - Built to go not to show - $4500

1. #1 98 ZJ - Built to go not to show - $4500 
    Hey folks, so quick recap it's been almost 4yrs since I've been active here. My ZJ has been in the garage since as life just takes on changes sometimes.
    I've got the ZJ running strong and it's just time to list it for someone else to take and enjoy.
    As the title says, it's built to go not to show. Don't expect it to have perfect paint and high shine.

I will tell you I have way more in this than I'll get out of it, but I'm not here to give it away either.

Basics:
    1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ
    4.0L
    259k on odometer/body/motor
    It's still very strong and not the first issue.
    This was my daily driver and my baby. I had plans of a 505Performance upgrade with turbo, but all those plans have changed for me. Sometimes life happens.

Recent activity:
    Trans was removed and all new seals put in. This was why I parked it to begin with.
    Trans mount was swapped with full poly mount insert. No rubber to worry about.
    Rear Main seal replaced at this time along with oil pan gasket. (no leaks anywhere)

Upgrades:
    Custom brush guard(from Xtrerra)
    All Aluminum 4 Core radiator
    4.5" Lift - built in pieces
    Front: Iron Rock Offroad UPR(adjustable) & LWR(fixed) control arms
    Rear: Iron Rock Offroad LWR(fixed) & JKS fully adjustable with Johnny Joints
    Rough Country springs & shocks
    Ultra 15x10 painted aluminum wheels w/polish trim
    Rubicon Express front & rear adjustable track bars
    Moab Offroad drop pitman arm
    Dana 30 front: 4.56 G2 Gears - Detroit TrueTrac locker
    disc brakes & CV joints - new Detroit wheel hub assemblies both sides (less than 5k miles)
    Ford 8.8 Rear: 4.56 G2 Gears, Artec Industries full Truss Kit, F150 HD Limited Slip (was a daily driver - don't ask me where's my locker: )
    Disc brakes, ABS ring adjusted to work properly
    NP241J Transfer Case installed - allows 2Hi, 4Hi, N, 4Lo
    Adavance Adaptors slip yoke eliminator kit
    Carolina Driveline - race balanced(10000rpm) front and rear driveshafts.
    full husky liner floor mats front to back. Carpet looks brand new underneath.
    Alpine CD/MP3/SAT head unit - kicker door speakers, kicker tube, alpine & planet audio amps, oversized wiring

Needs:
    headliner has been stripped. Plan was to use MonstaLiner and coat it and customize. Also planned to partial wrap & monstaline the lower part of the jeep.
    Alignment
    has BFG 33x12.50 - 1 is bad from wheel hub going out & no alignment. Other 3 are decent, but I would replace before winter if I were driving it daily
    There is a rust spot on the hood, very small above the passenger head light.
    Door panel armrest are cracked. I haven't seen one that isn't that is older than 10yrs old. MonstaLiner could fix this also. Or something similar that is more flexible. Paint on the hood is faded & peeling, it has some scratches from tree branches. Again, daily driver and weekend warrior.
    My vehicles have my personality, work hard and play hard. I do take care of all my own maint. with the exception of motor and transmission work. I refuse to go inside either. I have 2 friends that are certified ASE mechanics and they specialize in each area. I'm lucky that way, so no need to do that work if it breaks down.

Please don't offer to make a trade unless it's a nice deck boat. I have over 20k in this jeep and I'm just looking to let it go to a good home and someone that would enjoy it. My 13yr old son is begging me to keep it for him, but i just don't see the point of it sitting around another 3yrs until he can drive it.

If you need to know more please reach out.
    I do have some extra parts that will go with it.
    Spare Carolina Driveshaft rear shaft.
    Intake & TB from 2001 Cherokee has all the fuel rail and components
    Solid Poly motor mounts & spare transmission mount.
    Original transfer case parts before the SYE upgrade.
    spare MOAB Offroad drop pitman arm.

***edited to fix font color***

Last edited by Kyboy1991; 12-04-2020 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Changed font

Thread Information