Thread: '96 GC Laredo for sale

1. #1 '96 GC Laredo for sale 
    Selling my '96. I've had the Jeep since around 2002, and I've done a few things to it. Here is the list:

-4.0 inline 6
    Intake replaced with a rounded intake from a 2001 WJ for smoother air flow to cylinders
    Gasket matched to intake for smooth air flow
    4-hole injectors from a Dodge Neon for better fuel atomization
    Intake with K&N cone filter
    Throttle body spacer. Not sure if it actually does anything but it's there. It's red and looks cool.
    High Flow "bullet" catalytic converter. No muffler, but I did put a resonator on the end of the exhaust to calm it down a little bit.
    2- speed electric fan from Ford Taurus SHO

-42RE transmission
    Rebuilt 10000 miles ago
    Stacked plate fan-controlled transmission cooler

-NVG 242 Select Trac transfer case
    Chain replaced 15000 miles ago

-York on board air system
    2.5-gallon air tank
    Pressure switch, turns on at around 90psi and off at 120psi
    In-line air filter

-4.5” Rubicon Express springs
    Custom long arms, radius arm front triangulated uppers rear. Spherical rod ends (heim joints) at every end except the front uppers at the axle, those have factory rubber ends. The unibody has been sleeved with 3/16" steel from the front wheel arch to the rear wheel
    arch.
    Rear limit straps
    The front springs are relatively new, not many trail miles on them. I broke one 'wheeling at Slaughterhouse so I replaced them both.

-Extended bump stops front and rear

-Custom front bumper
    Ramsey 8000lb winch with wire cable. Wired to a switch on the console and also has a plug-in controller. The controller isn't factory, but it works just fine.
    Kevin's Off Road radiator support

-Custom rear bumper with 2" receiver hitch incorporated into it for clearance

-Rockers have been cut out and replaced with 3/16" angle iron and plate, and a rail has been incorporated into the sliders. Can jack up the Jeep from the sliders or anywhere on either bumper.

-4-bolt power steering box from a Wagoneer.

-High pinion Dana 60 rear axle
    4.56 gears
    ARB Air Locker
    ZJ width, Superior alloy shafts
    Rear disc brakes
    Tom Woods rear driveshaft

-Dana 30 front axle
    4.56 gears
    Auburn ECted locker/limited slip
    Rubicon Express front sway bar disconnect.

-35” General Grabber MT tires on 15x8 steel wheels. There's maybe 200 miles on the tires

-Set of 4 32” rollers on ZJ Canyon wheels

-Aftermarket Driving and fog lights in front, aftermarket accessory back up lights

-CB radio with external speaker so it can actually be heard when driving on the highway with the windows down

-Factory CD changer

-Spare front axle shafts. They could use some u-joints, but they are spares.

-Le Baron hood vents and some other stamped stainless hood vents.

I don't remember the exact vehicle mileage, think it's around 130K.

Runs and drives great. Needs Colorado smog, I'll take care of that before the sale.

Here's the bad. There is a slow drain on the battery that I haven't been able to track down. I think it's one of the door switches or the tailgate switch, but my solution was to just pull the fuse. I disconnect the battery between trips. The driver's side rear quarter panel is crinkled from sliding off of a snow drift (in July!!) into a rock.

I'm going to put it on CL for $4500, so asking $4000 for Mall Crawlers. As is where is. No warranty. Won't ship unless you arrange everything. Located in Arvada, CO.

Shoot me a PM here and I'll respond. Thanks!
    Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

2. #2 Re: '96 GC Laredo for sale 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Boooooo!

Hope you've been doing well!

3. #3 Re: '96 GC Laredo for sale 
    Thanks, Dave. We are going great. Haven't been on the trails much, and I plan to trade my truck on a Gladiator so I'll still have both a truck and a Jeep. Will still be able to get on the trails like Red Cone with that. Time for someone else to enjoy my Grand.
    Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

4. #4 Re: '96 GC Laredo for sale 
    Hey Ken long time no talk. I miss this forum! I PM'd you to see if you have got any pics on how you did the Taurus fan mount on your 4.0L.
    I'm about to do it myself..... finally.......... thanks!
    not not intersted in buying your ZJ as I still have my own money pit lol
    93' ZJ 4.7L STROKER, Clayton LONGARMS, 4wd conversion, 231 SYE, HPD30, 8.8, BFG 35's, 2000 manifold & injectors, Hesco fpr, Port & polish, LS1 valves, WJ Steering/brakes, KOR SliderZ & steering box brace, Clayton TB bracket and my custom trackbar, Crane ignition, B&M cooler, Tom Woods, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    We're all insane here...

Thread Information