Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Not much of a build "thread" - Page 2

Thread: Not much of a build "thread"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: Not much of a build "thread" 
    I finally got a chance to use the tow bar I got for my ZJ a couple weeks ago when we bought a motorhome. The ZJ towed well but after the trip I decided to fix a bearing howl that it's had in the front axle since I bought it, I installed new pinion and carrier bearings in it and new wheel bearings. Maintenance isn't very interesting so I didn't take and pictures of it.

96 ZJ 4.0, AX15, V8 axles, welded rear diff, some lift

2. #27 Re: Not much of a build "thread" 
    I've done a little bit more work to the ZJ since the last post so I thought I should update my thread,

I added a factory gas tank skid

a hack n tap slip yoke eliminator with a Tom Woods rear drive line

And the most beneficial improvement has been some new headlights. I bought headlight buckets for a hot rod and put LED lights that are meant for a JK in them, I can finally see at night!

3. #28 Re: Not much of a build "thread" 
    This was supposed to be one of the driveline pictures. I also forgot that I rebuilt the transfer case, again no pictures, cause maintenance is boring.

4. #29 Re: Not much of a build "thread" 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Good idea on the headlights and buckets. At one point I was so fed up with the factory headlights I put some Hella driving lights in place of the OEM housings. They were brighter for sure, but the pattern was waaaaaay off.

5. #30 Re: Not much of a build "thread" 
    Thanks. I tried brighter bulbs, but they didn't help, and all the aftermarket lights I found for a ZJ had bad reviews.

I thought I should add a little bit more info on the headlights for anyone else who might want to do the same thing.

These are the headlight buckets that I bought, https://www.speedwaymotors.com/Speed...ket,58820.html I added tab's to my front bumper for them to mount to.

Here is a link to the headlight wiring pig tails that I used, https://www.ebay.com/itm/161559248900 By using these to connect the factory wiring to the new headlights I didn't have to splice into the factory wiring at all. If I ever need to hook the factory headlights back up all I have to do is plug them back in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information