Thread: Holy Cross ?

1. #1 Holy Cross ? 
    Looking to see if any groups are going to be hitting up HC around the end of September to early October. I'm looking to add cleavland rock to my belt notch before winter hits and covers HC with snow until next summer .

2. #2 Re: Holy Cross ? 
    dont have a group, but would be down for a run on the 21st if i get my rig done enough

3. #3 Re: Holy Cross ? 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Ted_Z's Avatar
    Good luck with that...

We were there 2 weeks ago. Saw some buggies on 40" stickies not able to make it up. Super dug out at the bottom now.
    -Ted Z
    '97 Grand Cherokee Laredo w/ stuff
    '02 Grand Cherokee Limited w/ less stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    everytime someone makes a bumper with a stinger, God kills 6 baby Koala's.

4. #4 Re: Holy Cross ? 
    Quote Originally Posted by dubj View Post
    dont have a group, but would be down for a run on the 21st if i get my rig done enough
    Well looks like I'll be welding in 4 tubes between axle and frame to stilt up the rig so I send off all 4 stx struts to Kirk in salt lake for a go through they have seal issues and are locking and doing funky shat ...will pull them next weekend on home time and either ship them to him or drop them off in person since I'm in SLC every other day just 8 miles from his shop . Turn around is 1-2 weeks so that 2-3 weeks before they are back under my hoop-dee . Once they are back I'll be available on my days off to load up the trailer and go out and get a run in ...Its still a very fresh build with a ton of kinks go through and work to still be done ...lol... hopefully dialed in by EJS .

5. #5 Re: Holy Cross ? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted_Z View Post
    Good luck with that...

We were there 2 weeks ago. Saw some buggies on 40" stickies not able to make it up. Super dug out at the bottom now.
    Meh we don't do well on the trails that require a nimble buggy since the rig is still pretty full body... but it does like waterfall obstacles and ledges at a 120 wheelbase with 42 maxxis m8060 stickys . Case. In point an unplanned labor day trip to wheeler lake revealed a brand new obstacle...hopefully it's legal... anyway this obstacle is just a short ways before reaching v-notch and on your right...there were a ton of buggies bombing around wheeler on labor day none of them made this obstacle which my treps never spun a tire on ... if you go to your right you're rolling over down hill into the trees , so it's much higher stakes if you flop than cleavland and harder to get a line on it .

6. #6 Re: Holy Cross ? 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    That obstacle is 100% a user created route, and will hopefully be closed off on the work day they have scheduled up there this month.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

7. #7 Re: Holy Cross ? 
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaveZJ View Post
    That obstacle is 100% a user created route, and will hopefully be closed off on the work day they have scheduled up there this month.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    It wasn't there in 2017... they must be using it fairly often as it looks completely legit with many sets of tire marks and no sign of off trail just bare rock from bottom to top... Will not be doing it if we happen to run wheeler again will also have to tell my buddy he's not going back for a do over... Thanks for letting me know this was an illegal spur I'm not wanting to create offtrail issues that give leverage to folks who rather there be no motorized traffic off paved roads.

8. #8 Re: Holy Cross ? 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Ted_Z's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mud duck View Post
    It wasn't there in 2017... they must be using it fairly often as it looks completely legit with many sets of tire marks and no sign of off trail just bare rock from bottom to top... Will not be doing it if we happen to run wheeler again will also have to tell my buddy he's not going back for a do over... Thanks for letting me know this was an illegal spur I'm not wanting to create offtrail issues that give leverage to folks who rather there be no motorized traffic off paved roads.
    Yeah, I know which one you're talking about. That is off trail for sure.
    -Ted Z
    '97 Grand Cherokee Laredo w/ stuff
    '02 Grand Cherokee Limited w/ less stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    everytime someone makes a bumper with a stinger, God kills 6 baby Koala's.

9. #9 Re: Holy Cross ? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted_Z View Post
    Yeah, I know which one you're talking about. That is off trail for sure.
    Yeah... Will keep the video hidden for my personal viewing. Did walk it seeeeew easy not even slip of the rubber... I do know the ROCK is 100% on trail , which hopefully I get a shot at it before snowfall and that will be video I can actually post .

Thread Information