Thread: corner weights

1. #1 corner weights 
    I have no idea how to measure corner weights. Does anyone have some numbers that would work? ZJ, 4L, steel bumpers, winch, sliders, subframe, long arms.
    Trying to get some coilover spring rates dialled.
    '94 ZJ Rescued from the crusher. locked, clocked, stretched, 4:56, 5 spd. Now getting hp44 and 9 inch, underdrive and 241c. 3 link F & R. 37's

2. #2 Re: corner weights 
    You need a set of corner weight scales, commonly used in racing. It is literally 4 high capacity scales, you place one under each tire, and they all plug into a single display box. If you know anyone who races circle track, or road courses, they may have a set or be able to point you to someone who does. Otherwise look for some type of racecar prep shop in your area and see if they have a set and can weigh your rig for a reasonable fee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

3. #3 Re: corner weights 
    I used a load scale. Did not know they existed. Hooked it to motor lifting hoist. Thing slid in the hatch nicely. At the front I wrapped achain around the whole thing. Measured one end at a time and divided by 2. Thing won't let me upload pics. With 2 people, 1835 lbs front, 1500 rear.
    '94 ZJ Rescued from the crusher. locked, clocked, stretched, 4:56, 5 spd. Now getting hp44 and 9 inch, underdrive and 241c. 3 link F & R. 37's

Thread Information