Thread: Project Hugs Version 4.0

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. #126 Re: Project Hugs Version 4.0 
    New OE mounts are NLA and aftermarket stock replacement are crap. I don't need Bomb Proof mounts, or even the poly inserts I've found. Is there any kind of solid rubber insert out there? Buy some cheap aftermarket mounts and fill the voids with window weld?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

2. #127 Re: Project Hugs Version 4.0 
    The last time I did mine I used NAPA. They have been decent for me. I just figure that they are going to wear out with the torque and flex that we subject our vehicles to, and that these were good enough unless I wanted to upgrade significantly to the bomb proof ones.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/DTT6...ut=motor+mount

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_6...ut=motor+mount
    Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

3. #128 Re: Project Hugs Version 4.0 
    Thanks for the input, I was looking into those. We have an account with Napa at work, and even at that cost they're a good bit more than the average ones from Anchor, DEA, and Westar that all share pretty much the same part number. I did see that the Bomb Proof mounts do use a rubber isolator, which I like, but that's still a big pill to swallow, even vs the Napa ones. Maybe I'll just buy another cheap one for now, these mounts did see a lot of tweaking and stress during the trans swap. Once I get some more miles and some real offroad use on them maybe I'll be ready to spend some more $$.

4. #129 Re: Project Hugs Version 4.0 
    After putting a few commutes under my belt with the AX15 in I've determined the shifter could definitely use some more tweaking. I could modify the XJ shifter again, but I thought I'd look at my other options, like YJ, TJ, etc. In my research this morning I came across a comparison picture between a Jeep AX15 shifter base and a Dakota AX15 shifter base. What this reveals is that the Dakota has a taller shifter tower and more shifter below the pivot the point. Bingo! This looks like an affordable, available on the used parts market short shifter! I think I may track one of these down and give it a shot. It also looks like the TJ shifters may have the same taller tower and longer lever below the pivot.

http://www.turbo-mopar.com/forums/ph...hp?photo=16925
    Last edited by Yjsaabman717; 10-28-2020 at 10:26 AM.

5. #130 Re: Project Hugs Version 4.0 
    As always when dealing with an older vehicle, on to the next problem! Been battling a hard start/long crank situation since getting Hugs back on the roads. Coolant and intake temp sensors test good, fuel pressure is good with no immediate drop off, etc. I finally made a break through last night and looks like a spark issue. Crank sensor is new with the swap, plug, wires, cap and rotor are recent. I had no spark out of the coil, so I'm leaning towards a coil, and hopefully not the distributor. It smelled like fuel after a few rounds of cranking, so injector pulse seems to be good.

6. #131 Re: Project Hugs Version 4.0 
    Well, every time I've gone after it to diag the starting issue it's started. Sometimes it struggles a bit, but a little bit of throttle got it going. Spark tester is in place and will remain there for a while. I did grab a new cam position sensor at the yard over the weekend and threw it in. I also have Mopar crank sensor coming just for good measure. Figure I'll keep the aftermarket one in the spares kit.

OTH hand I pulled the shifter and rotated the top half on the bottom half 90 degrees and it's in a much more natural position and less of a reach, now.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Thread Information