Thread: Did I catch a Niner in there?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. #76 Re: Did I catch a Niner in there? 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaveZJ View Post
    If it's been sitting for more than a few hours it takes a bit to actually start, seems like a fuel delivery issue to me. If I crank it for a few seconds, stop, then crank again it will fire right up. It's never given me any fits on the 2nd attempt so I haven't made it a high priority.
    Mine did that as well but a good sea foam intake treatment along with crank case and fuel, then I took it on a 2 hour trip with highway speed and it came back to life with no issues.
    Adding octane booster once in a while seems to prevent it from my experience
    "ZJ's were designed with the intention to take 1 really good hit, and fold up. As long as the occupants walked away, it was a success. In the wheeling world, we expect our vehicles to take multiple really good hits, drive out of it, and run the obstacle again!"

2. #77 Re: Did I catch a Niner in there? 
    Play by the rules or GTFO Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Ordered a few parts for the niner today. Need to get it back to 4WD now that winter has rared it's ugly head. Got a 242 rebuild kit from Novak, as well as the shifter linkage and cup holder from MVF. I'll probably swap the headlights over from the blue ZJ as well so I can see at night since it'll be dark on the drive home now.

3. #78 Re: Did I catch a Niner in there? 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    The 242 is almost back together, managed to lose one of the washers that goes with the needle bearings so I lost some time there. Luckily I found it and didn't have to source a super tiny part that none of the parts companies even list.

Also ordered a K&N FIPK for it. A seller on Amazon had them for $169 when I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be $269 so I gave it a shot. I put it at a coin flip that the order gets cancelled but it's worth a shot.

4. #79 Re: Did I catch a Niner in there? 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Finished getting the case back together. Snagged a new trans mount too since it was out and felt loose. Was only like $12. Cleaned up the bracket a lot too. There is a lot of grime under there. Nice thing about the other ZJ is it rarely goes fast enough while it's running to leak all.over the undercarriage lol. Going to clean up the crossmember and shove the case back in tomorrow. Supposed to get like a foot of snow Monday and Tuesday so that should be a good test if I can get it wrapped up.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

5. #80 Re: Did I catch a Niner in there? 
    Definitely a different mount setup than my 94 with the 231. No snow soon in the forcast for me, so hopefully I get mine wrapped up before the white falls, as well. Good luck, you have far less reassembly than I do!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

6. #81 Re: Did I catch a Niner in there? 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Got it back in yesterday, everything seems to work well. Haven't driven it too much though. I dropped the tranny pan as the gasket was leaking pretty bad. From what I found online the pan holds 3 quarts, and I probably leaked another 1/2 quart out the rear of the tranny. I put 6.5 quarts in and the dipstick is still dry, and I didn't have anymore ATF +4 to put in, so I left it in the shop until I get some more. I knew it was leaking, but didn't know it had leaked down THAT much.

7. #82 Re: Did I catch a Niner in there? 
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Had to jack with the linkage from MVF a bit. My fault really, but the linkage was hitting the mode/range sensor because it was sticking out too far because I didn't put the plug in right so it was flush with the side of the case. Bent the arm a bit and it clears just fine. Swapped the plugs around for the VIC too, works great except it doesn't indicate low range.

Also added a K&N FIPK intake. They seem to have improved on some aspects of the design a bit since I last put one of these on Pam's ZJ in like 06. The intake hat area seems to be beefier now. Swapped my fancy lights Rick made for me over from the blue ZJ too so I can DD this thing again with it getting dark at 430.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Thread Information