Thread: Rebuilt engines in Denver area

1. #1 Rebuilt engines in Denver area 
    hey guys

So The jeep I have (99 WJ) has a alot of mile on it. to be specific, 230k and its all original drivetrain (its a 4.7 V8). I would like to start thinking about where to get a remanned engine. There is a place that seems to have a lot of them called AV Automotive LLC in Denver. Have you guys had any experience with them? Are they any good?

Thanks all

2. #2 Re: Rebuilt engines in Denver area 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner K2's Avatar
    I have not heard of them so I have no idea. I do know that mtn WJ had a stroker built by Timbukthree and he says they did a good job. I bought parts from them and they good to work with, no major engine stuff though, an axle and rebuilt drive shaft. Good luck and keep us posted, I am going to probably need head work soon.
    02 WJ, Lift, dents, noise and smoke.

3. #3 Re: Rebuilt engines in Denver area 
    With the 4.7L I'd go with something that has been upgraded to avoid rocker arm issues, and the like. I know there are a couple of companies that offer this. You've done well if yours has made it to 230k.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

4. #4 Re: Rebuilt engines in Denver area 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    I bought my crate motor 4.0 from Timbuktree in Englewood. I know they rebuild 4.7s as well. I installed it in January of this year and so far pretty happy with the service and quality.

Keith
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

Thread Information