Thread: Project Hippo

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. #151 Re: Project Hippo 
    I really like the HK front bumpers, IMO they are the best ones in production right now. What quarter panel armor are you looking at on EBay? All I could find were the DBM ones, if those are the ones your looking at they are good quality from what I’ve read they get positive feedback.

2. #152 Re: Project Hippo 
    Quote Originally Posted by CRJEeP_wj View Post
    I really like the HK front bumpers, IMO they are the best ones in production right now. What quarter panel armor are you looking at on EBay? All I could find were the DBM ones, if those are the ones your looking at they are good quality from what Iíve read they get positive feedback.
    It is by dbm. Think I'll order those then. And I got some teaser pics from the guy. He is still making progress. I'm hoping the bumper will be here by end of the month. Pics coming then

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

3. #153 Re: Project Hippo 
    Hey guys, need help. After recent oil change I noticed that I only got 2.5 quarts of oil out. Looks like the oil is leaking right where the oil filter is screwed in. I can put the liquid gasket on the filter when installed cause it will be impossible to get the filter out. Any suggestions? I use FRAM oil filter and I heard they are kind of the bottom of the barrel. Is that right? what are other options that can be done to fix this issue?

4. #154 Re: Project Hippo 
    If you're changing your oil every 3-4k miles and only got about 2.5 qts out, you would be seeing puddles where you park it if it was leaking that bad. If it's down that far it's probably consuming it. It could also be why you're hearing noise from the engine. I'd start with looking into the PCV system. When things go wrong there, engines can suck a lot of oil in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

5. #155 Re: Project Hippo 
    Thought I would do an update. nothing major done. Got the rear quaterpanel here by dbm. Will body match the paint. Dealer no longer carries the champaine color for hippo, but i got the paint code. Its PTH. Just gonna have to have a shop make some. Here is how the panels arrived:[IMG][/IMG]

They definitely look beefy. Took hippo on a China Wall run. He did fantastic. It was like a cadilac off road. Here are some poser pics lol
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG]
    [/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Found the magic psi number for me at least. Its 12 psi.

Next on my agenda is to wait for the bumper (dam this is taking forever, but he keeps sending updates. so hopefully by november itll be here). If i had to redo the bumper over, I think i would have gone with the hidden winch mount only and get a rock hard bumper. Would have been cheaper and faster. but doesn't look at cool. Also want to do a shelf for the trunk. Gonna make it quick disconnect somehow. The height will go up to the edge of the rear seat and the tire will go on top of that. I want to keep the old spare tire storage accessible. Eventually the rear bumper will be made and the tire will go on it. Let also not forget to find a place for the 60" HiLift jack. That will go onto the roof rails. Due to school and work its hard to work on hippo but anything happens and ill be posting it here.

Another question. have you guys tried to tow one of your ZJ's or WJ's with an ecoDiesel Jeep wk? I got one as a DD and wonder if its possible and if advised at all. Given that the GVWR is 7200 and between jeep, trailer and all other stuff its almost that, it does not seem like a good idea

6. #156 Re: Project Hippo 
    NAPA will mix you up rattle cans to match the paint code. Just FYI.
    Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Thread Information