Thread: $500 - 1998 ZJ 4.0L 242 for parts or repair

1. #1 $500 - 1998 ZJ 4.0L 242 for parts or repair 
    Selling my ZJ that served me well for many years. Unfortunately for sitting for a while some rust has taken over an area that must have been damaged at some point. Anyway, the uniframe at the passenger rear LCA is rusted/rotted where it requires repair. Due to this I have to offer the ZJ as a parts vehicle. I guess you could opt to fix the frame rail too. It still has a good engine and drive-train. When I drove this regularly it would always return 20-22 MPG highway. As in just outside NYC to Washington DC or Boston and back on one tank of gas. Much of the rest of the ZJ is in good shape too. I can't sell it though as a vehicle safe to drive without repair. If you are interested, you'd have to bring a trailer.

1998 ZJ Laredo
    White with grey trim
    4.0 w/140K
    42RE w/deep pan
    NP242
    D30/D35 3.55

Pretty basic ZJ, in reasonably good shape. I bought it at 70K and went though everything. New AC evaporator, rear main seal, synthetic everywhere. Put the deep trans pan and filter from the 99 and up WJ. Euro headlights and H4s. It does need a tune up and most likely a IAC motor. Comes with pile of spare parts including most of what you need for a tune up and a trans service.

$500

--Matt
    '95 XJ Country | '96 XJ Country | '98 ZJ Laredo | '64 Impala SS
    Boats - Bikes - Boulders

2. #2 Re: $500 - 1998 ZJ 4.0L 242 for parts or repair 
    thanks for the info on the deep pan idea. I just ordered one for my heep =)
    too bad you are so far, I would buy it for parts in a second if you were close.
    93' ZJ 4.7L STROKER, Clayton LONGARMS, 4wd conversion, 231 SYE, HPD30, 8.8, BFG 35's, 2000 manifold & injectors, Hesco fpr, Port & polish, LS1 valves, WJ Steering/brakes, KOR SliderZ & steering box brace, Clayton TB bracket and my custom trackbar, Crane ignition, B&M cooler, Tom Woods, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    We're all insane here...

Thread Information