Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build - Page 2

Thread: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudz View Post
    CrimsonBoat, where are you stationed?
    I was stationed at the Naval Base SD. I went in & out @ the W 8th Street Gate.
    I spent a 'few' weekends @ the hobby shop back in the day.
    I'm stationed in Miramar. I honestly don't use the hobby shop a lot. Usually I just use my buddies garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. #27 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    Love your Jeep for starters!

If you're still working on what rock sliders to go with, I just put a set on my new project from Rock Hard 4x4. I love how rugged they are but there were a few little imperfections in them. But those were tolerable enough for me.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

3. #28 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    somebody at rockhard needs to visit the Optometrist, and soon..

95 ZJ | Clayton 6" | 8.8 | HP30 | 4.88s | Aussie F/R | 242 SYE | 35 MTZs

Paragon ♠ Tellico ◊ Big Dogs ♣ Rausch Creek ♥ Moab ♠ Rubicon

4. #29 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    Those are definitely mall rated.
    '94 ZJ Rescued from the crusher. locked, clocked, stretched, 4:56, 5 spd. Now getting hp44 and 9 inch, underdrive and 241c. 3 link F & R. 37's

5. #30 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudz View Post
    somebody at rockhard needs to visit the Optometrist, and soon..

Yeah I was really disappointed there... I will give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

6. #31 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    Quote Originally Posted by BCWildman View Post
    Those are definitely mall rated.
    The points where it ties back to the unibody frame are really heavy. I think they'll be a little better than that. If they get torn off I'll figure something else out.

Back to the OP. HK offroad has some robust parts but they are out of my budget. I think their sliders were the ones where you cut out your rockers and they go in their place. They might be more than "mall rated"

7. #32 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    For future refence, when doing a 242 swap, unless you can find a 242HD, you will have to take the donor 242 case out of any 4.0 GC and take it completely apart to swap out the input shafts. You can technically know it out in a day. I did it on mine and it worked fine till i went on the first wheeling trip. It shifts into low range with no issue, but doesn't no 4wd. Need to dig into that. Anyway, I found these videos on youtube of a guy who shows how to strip the case down step by step almost. Here is the link:
    part 1 techinally even though it says part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibY_xzCn10k&t=1s
    next: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKRmaJsJ17g
    last: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZysKLOdX1g

I don't know if this info helps or if you already knows this, but figured put in my 2 cents

8. #33 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    Quote Originally Posted by maxfederle89 View Post
    Love your Jeep for starters!

If you're still working on what rock sliders to go with, I just put a set on my new project from Rock Hard 4x4. I love how rugged they are but there were a few little imperfections in them. But those were tolerable enough for me.

I have looked at a lot of rocker guards and I think that I have decided to do a rocker replacement instead because of the gain in ground clearance plus the strength of being welded in. Right now I am looking at a set from spadano enterprises that look pretty beefy. They are weld in rocker replacements and also have sliders. They are pretty expensive though. Here is a link if anyone is interested. Anyone that has had experience with these, feedback would be appreciated.

http://spadanoenterprises.com/-wj--grand-cherokee.html

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

9. #34 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuzmaster View Post
    For future refence, when doing a 242 swap, unless you can find a 242HD, you will have to take the donor 242 case out of any 4.0 GC and take it completely apart to swap out the input shafts. You can technically know it out in a day. I did it on mine and it worked fine till i went on the first wheeling trip. It shifts into low range with no issue, but doesn't no 4wd. Need to dig into that. Anyway, I found these videos on youtube of a guy who shows how to strip the case down step by step almost. Here is the link:
    part 1 techinally even though it says part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibY_xzCn10k&t=1s
    next: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKRmaJsJ17g
    last: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZysKLOdX1g

I don't know if this info helps or if you already knows this, but figured put in my 2 cents
    Yes, I have looked into my options and I think that I should be able to get an hd and not have to worry about the input shaft swap. Ideally that's what I would like to do but if I can't find one I'll just settle for a regular 242. Thanks for the YouTube video links though. If I do the input shaft swap they will really help out.

10. #35 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBoat View Post
    I have looked at a lot of rocker guards and I think that I have decided to do a rocker replacement instead because of the gain in ground clearance plus the strength of being welded in. Right now I am looking at a set from spadano enterprises that look pretty beefy. They are weld in rocker replacements and also have sliders. They are pretty expensive though. Here is a link if anyone is interested. Anyone that has had experience with these, feedback would be appreciated.

http://spadanoenterprises.com/-wj--grand-cherokee.html

Wow those are really impressive. I like the video of the guy going over a bolder the size of another Cherokee

11. #36 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    Well I pulled her out of storage today after 6 months. Started right up, no flats so that's good. Here is a good picture of what I did right before I left. I got the Hkoffroad winch mount and installed it with a smittybilt 9500 with synthetic cable. I still haven't figured out how I am going to mount the grill back up but I'll look at it tomorrow. Anyone know of a 242hd for sale in southern California?

12. #37 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    Member Grand Slam West Planner
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonBoat View Post
    As for GSW, I would love to come out. Even though I'll probably have the smallest tires there...
    I think I have the honor of having the smallest tires (running essentially 29" tires) on a budget boost and I lead most of the "easy" rated trails. We will find trails that would work with your build and get you through the trails
    2004 Black WJ
    3" Iron Rock Coil
    JKS Disconnects
    Iron Rock Adjustable Control Arms

13. #38 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuchmouse View Post
    I think I have the honor of having the smallest tires (running essentially 29" tires) on a budget boost and I lead most of the "easy" rated trails. We will find trails that would work with your build and get you through the trails
    Well I am sad to say that I am very quickly outgrowing these 31's. My buddy just got 35's on his jk and I am jealous.

14. #39 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuchmouse View Post
    I did the the rock Junction trim on 29s and stock height. I thank my lucky stars that I put on the Iron Rock TC skid Plate. I thought is was just protection, but we used like a piece of a equipment as the "easy" trails evolved into not so easy trail.\\

Hope to have my own build thread soon and do GSW!
    2000 WJ 4.0 L, 242 T-Case Open diff Stock except for IRO T-Case skid plate and Warn front receiver. Hoping to go 4" lift and 33s Added 2" BB Vericlok axles with 3.73 gears (was 3.55) the heavier Gas tank skid and factory hitch. and Moog Super trail boss steering stabilizer to replace shot one causing DW

15. #40 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    There is a 242 out of an 03 Grand V8 sitting in the back of the jeep with a rear drive shaft from the same car. Going to put it in this weekend.

16. #41 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    Sorry it's been so long since an update but I've been super busy with work and getting the jeep ready for a wheeling trip. I installed the 242 and oh goodness it's so much better. Best modification to date. Everything is so much smoother. I also ended up selling those 31s and jumped to 35s because there was a sale. I'm very happy with that decision. I did have to do a pretty extreme amount of trimming in order to fit them and still actually have to trim more but I'm ok with that. I also figured out the winch situation with the grill and the solenoid sits perfectly right behind it. And lastly I installed a cb radio and antenna for an upcoming wheeling trip.

17. #42 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    Went on a trip out to Johnson valley and found some rocks. Not a ton of pictures of what we did but here's a couple.

18. #43 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    And most recently I did a trail down by corral canyon, i can't remember the name though.

19. #44 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    Nice job tucking the winch in!
    Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

20. #45 Re: Jeep WJ "Goldilocks" build 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken L View Post
    Nice job tucking the winch in!
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information