Thread: Camping and Wheeling 7/20 - 7/23

1. #1 Camping and Wheeling 7/20 - 7/23 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Pam and I are going to head out and do some wheeling and camping for a long weekend. Haven't figured out where yet, but it will NOT be Ouray as FJ Summit is going on that weekend. Maybe the BV/Gunny area, but Cottonwood being closed makes that potentially trickier. Also, Pearl Pass is on our list and that may be too early for the snow to melt on Pearl. May end up in the Webster/Red Cone area, may also go further in towards Leadville or something. I know Keith S and Ken L are planning on heading out in July too for a similar trip, just not sure on when. But I'd like to get Wheeler Lake in if at all possible.

2. #2 Re: Camping and Wheeling 7/20 - 7/23 
    Keith and I were talking about the following weekend, leaving Sunday and coming back Tuesday or Wednesday I think. Keith is fitting it in around his vacation schedule. One idea was do Wheeler first, then camp in one of the meadows on the way back down. Since that trail is pretty busy on Saturday, we thought starting on Sunday would be good.... or possibly doing Wheeler as the last trail before heading home. As far as other trails, that's still up in the air.
    Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

Thread Information