Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Jeep ZJ or WJ?

Thread: Jeep ZJ or WJ?

1. #1 Jeep ZJ or WJ? 
    Which is the better Jeep and why?! I was really hoping to find an XJ but I can't seem to find one reasonably priced that hasn't had the snot beat out of it. I'm just looking for a nice daily driver to use through the winter. I've narrowed it down to either a ZJ or a WJ. I've found a 1998 Grand Cherokee limited (155,000 miles) with the 5.2 V8 and a 2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo (131,000 miles) with the 4.0 inline 6. The '98 has just had a recent transmission rebuild with receipt and warranty. It's lifted 2" (budget boost) with brand new 31" tires. The '04 has a 3" IRO lift kit with a few other goodies. 15x8 steel wheels with 1/2 tread 31" tires. Both Jeeps seem to be in great shape. I've owned several ZJ's but never a WJ. Should I stick with what I know or venture out and get the WJ? I figured I'd ask the experts their opinion. $1,000 price difference between the two with the WJ being more expensive. Thanks for the help!

Which is the better Jeep and why?! I was really hoping to find an XJ but I can't seem to find one reasonably priced that hasn't had the snot beat out of it. I'm just looking for a nice daily driver to use through the winter. I've narrowed it down to either a ZJ or a WJ. I've found a 1998 Grand Cherokee limited (155,000 miles) with the 5.2 V8 and a 2004 Grand Cherokee Laredo (131,000 miles) with the 4.0 inline 6. The '98 has just had a recent transmission rebuild with receipt and warranty. It's lifted 2" (budget boost) with brand new 31" tires. The '04 has a 3" IRO lift kit with a few other goodies. 15x8 steel wheels with 1/2 tread 31" tires. Both Jeeps seem to be in great shape. I've owned several ZJ's but never a WJ. Should I stick with what I know or venture out and get the WJ? I figured I'd ask the experts their opinion. $1,000 price difference between the two with the WJ being more expensive. Thanks for the help!

2. #2 Re: Jeep ZJ or WJ? 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    DD only? Get the DubJ. If it has been well cared for it will be very reliable and the creature comforts are a step up from the ZJ for sure.
    04 Dub -- Longarms, JK44, 9" ARB's etc.
    68 Super Wagoneer - Resto Project
    93 ZJ: longarms, 231D, 35's, 44/Hi 9", ARB's, etc. -- Sold

3. #3 Re: Jeep ZJ or WJ? 
    I love my WJ! Its been a DD since i started driving haha. Worst maintenance was doing a fuel pump. Everything else has been fully functional, aside from the usual consumables i.e. balljoints, hubs, etc.

Thread Information