Thread: IRO fixed control arms.....good results?

1. #1 IRO fixed control arms.....good results? 
    My zj has 3.5" front springs and moved the stock ones to the rear. Now, I'm working on getting my 8.8 ready and these fixed control arms caught my eye. The jeep is my weekend warrior, but I want to have a decent ride. So, anyone have these and like them? They are for 3-6" lift.

2. #2 Re: IRO fixed control arms.....good results? 
    Short arms are short arms, regardless of who makes them. Length is the same as stock. Adjustable control arms give you a bit more, but the difference is really negligible. You'll gain strength with the IROs over stock, but won't gain any better ride.
    Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

3. #3 Re: IRO fixed control arms.....good results? 
    I bought their 4.5 " kit and have Wheeled and highway driven the snot out of it! I have added 2 ' spacers, a rusty's rear track bar with mount and the kit came with all 8 control arms. I've also gone to an over the knuckle steering set up and drove the tread off 2 sets of 33x13.50x15 ltb's . Now it has 35x12.50x15 Yoko Geolander MT+ and I love the way it rides on them! Aussie D30 up front, D35 trak-lok that I overhaul every 50K if it needs it or not, and I go everywhere I want and drive home. Its an allaround set up that you'll love unless you're rich- then go ahead and over money it!

4. #4 Re: IRO fixed control arms.....good results? 
    Length is the same as stock
    The OP is purchasing the arms made for 4" to 6" of lift, so they will be longer then stock arms. Plus they have a 2 position axle end to help with caster.

I run IRO adjustable arms and love them. I'm at 3.5" of lift.

5. #5 Re: IRO fixed control arms.....good results? 
    I had their short arms but already stated, short arms are short arms. A couple months later I went with adjustable long arms and was much better.
    2004 WJ - Heavy Duty Steering Stabilizer - Dual Steering Stabilizer Kit - Addco Rear Sway Bar - 4" IRO Coils - Coil Spring Retainers - Bar Pin Eliminators - A-Arm Spacer - TC Drop - Doetsch Tech 8000s - KOR Shock Mount Kit - 32" Destination A/T - Stillen Cross Drilled Rotors - Metal Matrix Pads - D44A Aussie Locker - D30 Detroit TrueTrac - Yukon 4.10s - 5% Tint - 12" Alpine Type R - Alpine M650 - Debadged - Hunter Brushguard with 2 Hella 500s - OEM Cross Rail with 4 Hella 500s

Thread Information