Thread: WJ 30 Spline Unit Bearings??

1. #1 WJ 30 Spline Unit Bearings?? 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    In my WJ I have custom 30 spline axle shafts with 30 spline outers and unit bearings with 5 on 5 pattern. I bought the shafts used with bearings and therefore not sure where the unit bearings came from. Both of my unit bearings are showing signs of wear and I need to change them.

Any thoughts on where I may find these?

I found two at East Coast Gear and yes they are 30 spline with 5 on 5 but were made custom for someone and not sure they will fit my WJ knuckles properly. Any advice on Dana 30 unit bearing interchangeability?

My other options are since my axle shafts have 760 joints I can by from IRO just the outers with 760 joints but are 27spline so I will need to buy stock type unit bearings. Not real concerned here but means I need to buy the outers and bearings.

This is a custom built High Pinion 30 using XJ center re-tubed to fit WJ width with 4.56 gears with 30 spline ARB and has WJ knuckles. I run 33/34 tires.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

2. #2 Re: WJ 30 Spline Unit Bearings?? 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    So I ordered new outer stub shafts from IRO along with spacers and u-joints. Getting spendy to replace bad wheel bearings, but this will allow me to keep my 30 spline shafts and 760 joints.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

Thread Information