Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
1998 5.9 Grand Cherokee

Thread: 1998 5.9 Grand Cherokee

1. #1 1998 5.9 Grand Cherokee 
    First of all let me go ahead and say for 3 more weeks I won't be touching this. I have no time right now with coaching football, teaching, and Clemson game days :cheers: So if you are interested in it immediately we would have to figure something out. I started taking it apart last year to paint the body, put a cage in it and new seats but I honestly got burned out. I put two coats of primer on it and two coats of rustoleum flat black out of an industrial spray gun. I wanted to put another coat and then clear it but I never got around to it. This was my 2nd Grand Cherokee I have built. I wanted to move in a new direction. Right now the transfercase is torn apart with a completely brand new rebuild kit and chain waiting to go back into it. This rigs been wheeled, it has body damage which is why I was painting it. The back two windows have been busted out and I have plexiglass cut to go back in place.

Link to build: http://mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthr...it-my-ZJ-build

I have a 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 5.9 V8. Around 120,000 on the clock (maybe less, I forget)
    46RE transmission, rebuilt a couple years ago with firmer clutch packs and shifts great
    231 Transfer case with SYE out of an XJ
    35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s (guestimating a little under half tread)
    I think they are 5.5" Rubicon Express springs

Front Axle:
    1981 J10 Wide Track Dana 44
    4.56 gears, welded carrier
    Warn Premium hubs
    Chromo shafts, with 300M U joints
    Solid diff cover
    3/4 heim steering
    Bilstein 5125s

Rear Axle:
    Explorer 8.8
    4.56 gears, aussie locker
    Solid diff cover
    New Rough Country shocks

Front suspension: Radius arms with 2" .250 wall DOM lowers with johnny joints, 1.5 .250 wall upper with 7/8 heims. Uses a removable transmission cross member with link mounts from Clayton Offroad.

Rear Suspension: Upper triangulated 4 link. Lowers are 2" .250 wall with johnny joints, uppers are 1.5 .120 wall with 7/8 heims.

Lots of misc stuff I have forgotten about over time, heres what I remember:
    Has an aftermarket aluminum radiator with electric fan
    Kevins Offroad Radiator support
    Steering box brace
    Custom made rock sliders
    TNT Frame stiffeners for center section
    Reinforcement plates welded in for front of the frame
    Custom T case shifter linkage
    Carolina Driveline driveshaft (Its 7-8 years old, but has been rebuilt 2-3 times)
    Power steering cooler

Here is how she sits right now. I have every interior piece for it sitting in the garage that will come with it except the front two seats,carpet, and headliner.

It does work offroad, flexes like hell and the 5.9 lights them up

If you bring $3200 CASH MONEY to the house right now, I'd throw it all on the trailer and say goodbye to it. I would also be open to keeping the axles and selling the body motor trans tcase if someone wants a sweet platform to throw one tons under.
    -Ronnie
    98 5.9 on 35s
    Subscribe to our Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ClemsonOffroadClub

2. #2 Re: 1998 5.9 Grand Cherokee 
    Sold the transfercase and rear driveshaft to a buddy, but still have the rest of the Jeep.

You can get the following for $1800 (I will not part it out, I don't have time for that right now)
    Complete running 5.9
    Matching 46RE trans with a rebuild 10k miles ago
    J10 Dana 44 front with 4.56s and chromoly shafts and u joints
    Ford 8.8 4.56s and lock right locker
    8 Johny joints and 2" DOM lowers
    7/8 heims and 1.5" dom uppers
    AND the complete body with stiffeners and errthing else thats been done to it.
    I have all interior parts as well and a set of half doors. I think the rear doors are in the garage too

SOMEONE BUY THIS PLEASE! I hate to see it sit and there are some good parts there for cheap. Come bring a trailer and we can pull it up on there. If you want the motor for a swap you could proabably pull that out and sell everything else and have very little in it. I would love to see it go to a ZJ guy. Or someone looking to 5.9 swap a TJ.
    -Ronnie
    98 5.9 on 35s
    Subscribe to our Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ClemsonOffroadClub

Thread Information